Jump to content
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Recommended Posts

OMG! OMG! OMG!

IMG_1850.JPG.f2cef380becd0bf96738abb467769607.JPG

No. I haven't acquired this mini... yet.

But I will as soon as Reaper puts it up on the online store during(or just after) Reapercon.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

IMG_1850.JPG.f2cef380becd0bf96738abb467769607.JPG

No. I haven't acquired this mini... yet.

But I will as soon as Reaper puts it up on the online store during(or just after) Reapercon.

Hot diggity doggy! That's an awesome dwarf!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not even going to ReaperCon, but I'm gonna spend so much on the loot...

 

Just bought cans of black and white spray paint. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably doesn't count as an aquisition, but...

I just donated $10 and set up a recurring donation to The Documentation Foundation.

(They're the ones handling the development and maintenance of LibreOffice)

It was something to do while downloading the latest stable release...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just placed an order with Plastruct for a bunch of styrene rods and tubes that I need for a project. Ordered directly from them as I need specific sizes and only need one or two of each, not the multi packs usually found at stores. Was super excited to see that they do will call pick up as they are located probably less than a mile from my work but you have to pick up by 3pm which is when I get off. Good info to know for the future though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Just placed an order with Plastruct for a bunch of styrene rods and tubes that I need for a project. Ordered directly from them as I need specific sizes and only need one or two of each, not the multi packs usually found at stores. Was super excited to see that they do will call pick up as they are located probably less than a mile from my work but you have to pick up by 3pm which is when I get off. Good info to know for the future though.

 

I need to make 1 inch square cages so I'll be on the look out for some when I get over to Hobbytown in Boise later this month. Local mom & pop hobby shop is lacking when it comes to selection.

 

Well, finally gonna take the plunge. My daughter wanted a couple things off Amazon & with me being a Prime member, I just couldn't let the order come without something for me. I picked up a Masterson's wet pallet. Pretty much the basic one but it appears to be the one to get at least by reviews & price. Looking forward to using it!

 

Also just got a couple of prepaints ie more or less trying to cut down the "To paint for RCon" list

 

Pathfinder Battles

Skull & Shackles: Master of the Gales

masterofgales.jpg

 

D&D

Phase Spider:

dnd5_phasespider.jpg

Kuo-Toa Archpriest & Whip & Mancatcher. These will be back ups as I'm trying to paint up the Reaper Deep Ones Bones figures.

 

dnd4_kuotoaarchpriest.jpg

dnd12_kuo-toa-whip.jpgdnd12_kuo-toa.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 3:24 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

IMG_1850.JPG.f2cef380becd0bf96738abb467769607.JPG

No. I haven't acquired this mini... yet.

But I will as soon as Reaper puts it up on the online store during(or just after) Reapercon.

 

Wow. That dude is a dead ringer for the Dwarven Monk that I played as my first ever 5e character. His backstory was that he came from a family of coopers(aka barrel makers) who made all the casks for the finest dwarven beers, but then he decided that he wanted to start his own brewery instead of continuing the family business. Long story short, he became an alcoholic bar brawler because his idea of learning how to brew the best beer in the world was to go out and drink more. And then insult the beers that he was drinking, usually in their home towns.

 

Even the last name is similar. Mine was Ironcask. He must be a cousin.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have acquired the 5e player's handbook, dungeon master's guide, monster manual, and Volo's Guide to Monsters. We've both made test characters and are thinking we like it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally broke down and got Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes. The first part is an expansion of some of the character races (and their opposite numbers, drow and duergar), and the rest is Monster Manual style entries for 5th edition stats for a bunch of critters.

Not sure I approve of this. I thought it was okay to do Monster Manual volumes, but this and Xanathar's Guide are essentially mixed books, stuff that made the grade from the testing stage, all tossed into a book and made available. Seems like we could do better than this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Not sure I approve of this. I thought it was okay to do Monster Manual volumes, but this and Xanathar's Guide are essentially mixed books, stuff that made the grade from the testing stage, all tossed into a book and made available. Seems like we could do better than this

I got both as well and concur.. They could have still done 2 books, one covering player races etc. and one on monsters. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a mini related hobby acquisition,  but this morning I traded in my Vulcan 900 for a HD Heritage Softail.

 

After takin 9 hours to ride 400 measly miles & killing my neck in the process, I confirmed I needed a larger motorcycle.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...