OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Just now, SparrowMarie said:

It's definitely orange. At first I thought I'd gotten a bottle of pumpkin orange early or something but then I pulled it out of the box and it wasn't. This is the best picture of it I can get, I'll have to paint something to make it shine more. :lol:

0921181215.thumb.jpg.94622d6d162659ab48c8fad0522a5e4f.jpg

Ooo, that's a lovely shade! :wub: Highly saturated metallics are super fun to play with!

Even if I don't get a bottle, I can get a bottle of orange ink and start experimenting. :D

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Ooo, that's a lovely shade! :wub: Highly saturated metallics are super fun to play with!

Even if I don't get a bottle, I can get a bottle of orange ink and start experimenting. :D

Huzzah! 

Please do, because I'd love to figure out how to reproduce that shade, it's GORGEOUS! 

I may be slightly biased but omg, delicious metallic orange it is!  Notr:do not try to actually taste the orange, it will taste like paint, which isn't very tasty. :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I wonder if Reaper will ship 'samples' over to the UK site, also. 

Today I got a PSU PCB for my old Samsung 46" TV. (It's incredible what you can find on eBay) 

The TV is repaired and tested OK. But I already have the replacement mounted on my livingroom wall, so it's kind of not needed...   

I'm thinking of building some sort of stand for it(I threw away the stand it came with years ago when I mounted it on the wall), and give it to my sister. She's only got a 'dumb' LCD, and could use something a bit better. 

Oh, and I got my swag bag.  

And the Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea 2 set(It has Sophie in it, do I need other reasons?) and another RCon SOphie, a Catfolk Rogue... 

The bag contained last years colours, and while rhey're nice, I already have those, so email is off to Reaper, and replacement set has already gotten postage. (The usual superefficient service from Reaper. I love dealing with pros)

• Like 8

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Please do, because I'd love to figure out how to reproduce that shade, it's GORGEOUS! 

I may be slightly biased but omg, delicious metallic orange it is!  Notr:do not try to actually taste the orange, it will taste like paint, which isn't very tasty. :p

Tamiya has a shade in their TS spray line that is similar to that color.

(TS-92 Metallic orange)

Suppose to represent the met orange shade in Toyota's color line:

Spoiler

TAM24323_kit.jpg

Acquired today: Curse of Strahd, D&D Beyond file.

Even thou Death House is a free pdf, nice to add the book that started my love for 5e to my Beyond inventory. Going to run a special 2 Mondays before Halloween adventure for my AL group. Nice thing due to I ran the adventure a couple of years ago at RCon, really don't need to prep other then get better minis for some the more unique critters like the animated broom & door mimic!!

Also acquired today: Due to that CoS/DH has been out for awhile, allot of goodies for it on dmsguild. Picked up a pdf that has a very detail narrative for each room in the DH adventure. It'll help set the mood of the adventure better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Saw some people using a style of magnifyer with built in headlight that looked intriguing so I looked them up on evil-bay when we got home.  I'd sort of looked at them before but took a detailed look this time.

They are designed to work either like glasses with earpieces and a nose-bridge perch or the earpieces can be removed and an elastic band tht goes around then head used instead.  It uses a set of interchangeable lenses with magnification from 1.0 to 3.5, the lenses fit into a box with slots for each lens set.

Easy to change the lenses, the LED lights, powered by 3 AAA batteries provide good light and the light can be moved from side to side as well as up and down.  They are relatively comfortable to wear, even with my regular glasses on.

I like the fact that the lenses are small enough that you have peripheral vision as well as a narrow band of regular vision above the lens as well as regular vision below the lens, without theblocking of vision that occurs with the visor style of magnifyers.  This is a plus over and above the ability to change the magnification to suit the job at hand.

They were inexpensive with the price being a little under $12 plus nominal shipping from a US Vendor.

All in all I consider them a bargain and I think they will see quite a lot of use.

GEM

• Like 5

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

*immediately makes a Reaper order to hopefully get a bottle of shiny too*

Huzzah! 

That's the only proper response for a member of Team Shiny! :wub:

(I may have ordered the 2015 Reapercon Swag Bag, I'm hoping that I get that sample paint with it too)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Saw some people using a style of magnifyer with built in headlight that looked intriguing so I looked them up on evil-bay when we got home.  I'd sort of looked at them before but took a detailed look this time.

They are designed to work either like glasses with earpieces and a nose-bridge perch or the earpieces can be removed and an elastic band tht goes around then head used instead.  It uses a set of interchangeable lenses with magnification from 1.0 to 3.5, the lenses fit into a box with slots for each lens set.

Easy to change the lenses, the LED lights, powered by 3 AAA batteries provide good light and the light can be moved from side to side as well as up and down.  They are relatively comfortable to wear, even with my regular glasses on.

I like the fact that the lenses are small enough that you have peripheral vision as well as a narrow band of regular vision above the lens as well as regular vision below the lens, without theblocking of vision that occurs with the visor style of magnifyers.  This is a plus over and above the ability to change the magnification to suit the job at hand.

They were inexpensive with the price being a little under $12 plus nominal shipping from a US Vendor.

All in all I consider them a bargain and I think they will see quite a lot of use.

GEM

While I haven't used mine yet, I've played with enough to know that when I do it'll get the job done for me. One of the things I noticed is I don't get the messed up depth perception while wearing it. One thing I've always hated using magnifying devices was trying to aim the paintbrush & getting it right. 

I guess these have enough open space that it eliminates that. Bad thing is the 2 highest lens I can't use but on the plus side that probably means my vision is still going strong. :) 

• Like 3

Channeling @ub3r_n3rd, but JoAnn has those little Halloween bone-ified animal skeletons for 50% today, plus you can use the additional 20% coupon they are offering. 

Those of you wanting them for basing decor, now might be the cheapest you get with a good selection. I’m sure they’ll hit 70-80% on clearance, but the choices may be smaller. 

• Like 5

On 9/20/2018 at 8:01 PM, Kangaroorex said:

well because of you I have 2 of them waiting for me at home.  Unfortunately I won't be home to see them until tomorrow...

And the results are in:  

Protectorate of Menoth

Skorne

So I now have a hydra snake.

And some Templars for my trolls to beat on ::D:

• Like 7

I decided I needed these trees after seeing some builds on Facebook with them, so I bought two of each.

799530878_Screenshot_20180922-095434_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.a8df48e0ec90543e74ddcb478f6826c3.jpg

1003815287_Screenshot_20180922-095418_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.2831cbc9e838c89682e61e8d9bd505d4.jpg

• Like 9

On 9/20/2018 at 5:25 PM, Mad Jack said:

Usual Ebay store price for any single figure regardless of manufacturer is between $4-6, and recognizable characters from branded box sets like Marvel or Dragonlance are always at least $6 and higher each.

A quick search shows one guy selling Capt. Marvel for $4.99, another guy selling other individual figures at $5.99 each, and a third person selling four figures (Thing, Thor, Doc Ock and Capt. America) for $19...

The Top Secret figures are pretty generic, so they're not really worth anything unless you've got a complete set in the original box, and the D&D class box figures are common enough that the only ones that are worth money individually are the ones with easily-broken weapons/gear that are still in perfect condition (i.e., you have several copies of the assassin w/ scimitar figure, and you almost never find him with his sword intact.).

I guess we'll see..

With shipping, this amounted to 112$, but with the amount of minis I think it still comes at less than 1$ a mini.
The seller assured me he's being really careful with packaging. (He was originally cautioning me "I'm using a lot of soft paper and bubble wrap here, so this might be annoying to open." "Oh good! I was hoping you'd do that, some of that stuff can get brittle!")

Certainly look forward to getting them... And the Handful Of Heroes.

• Like 5