OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

I have acquired a (rather) sore elbow, and a semi-clean driveway.

It's the little victories that enable us to leave the house...literally.

In more serious news, I have acquired a wifi signal booster to help with the front of the house (the router is literally against the back wall in the basement, and we spend most of our time in the front room upstairs), two dice trays (as the FLGS has switched to very noisy, and bouncy, plastic tables with no coverings), and some stainless steel portion/condiment cups (with lids) as the wife is trying to reduce our single-use plastic consumption.

• Like 9

A terribly boring but useful acquisition arrived in the post this morning- a zip lock bag filled with zip lock bags! All ready for the incoming Bones IV to be decanted and sorted.

Edited by MiniDungeonMaster
grammar is hard
  • Like 13

I have returned from TotalCon!  I I brought loot.  For the TotalCon branded loot, I habe the pin ams the Con mini; a renal gladiator with net and trident (this uears theme was Carpe DM)

At the Dragonbait minis booth, I got 15 fishmen minis destimed to become koa-toa for D&D.  I also may have somethimg else coming from then.  It depends if Joe (the owner) is able to find something.  Since a ran a couple of AL tables at the con, I was given a 5e PHB in thanks.  It has since been passed onto Awesome Wife so she now has her own copy.

• Like 11

Had a job interview in the city today. Just a few blocks from the hobby shop that has all the train and model stuff.

Went in looking for some styrene tubing, came out with:

MH_2019_02_25.thumb.jpg.b1c51329f0f68b2b64e66092cf4c6f31.jpg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Had a job interview in the city today. Just a few blocks from the hobby shop that has all the train and model stuff.

That would be dangerous for me...

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

This arrived today:

20190225_183402.thumb.jpg.1ddd4bec37df5e3906c6622f4f9a94c3.jpg

I then found the show on Netflix and watched two episodes with the kids.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I was inspired by @Zink and his foam Castle thread to look for the same glue he was using. No luck. LePage May be local to Canuckistan. :huh:

Bought this instead:

9F993528-F73B-4534-B5F4-5A281F354AFD.thumb.jpeg.1cbe56ced9fa0dcf3c9747df3f405e26.jpeg

...hoping it is the same stuff. 

• Like 8

I received my Rosemary & Co order today:

• Series 33 Kolinsky sable rounds, two brushes each of sizes 0, 1, and 2
  • Eclipse synthetic mongoose short filberts, one each of sizes 2 and 4, because I remember someone recommmending them for drybrushing.
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I was inspired by @Zink and his foam Castle thread to look for the same glue he was using. No luck. LePage May be local to Canuckistan. :huh:

Bought this instead:

9F993528-F73B-4534-B5F4-5A281F354AFD.thumb.jpeg.1cbe56ced9fa0dcf3c9747df3f405e26.jpeg

Other than the colour it sure looks like the same bottle. Probably made in the same factory and just relabeled. I didn't realise that Lepage wasn't available south of the border. I like their plastic cement and the glue I'd mentioned but they make a ton of other glues and tapes here. I use Loctite for bolts and nuts plus their superglue gel. What I'm using won't eat styrofoam and takes quite awhile to harden but it holds whatever I glue pretty good.

• Like 4

While in the big city today I didn't make it to the game shop. Kinda peeved about that as I walked past it and spent over an hour in an office next door but didn't have time. Wanted to go to Lowe's to grab some insulation and mdf for terrain purposes. The wife talked me into going to Rona instead because we were rushing and right beside it. They didn't have the XPS foam the size I wanted or mdf but I bought a big bag of fiber blow in insulation (basically paper pulp) for making this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eail7eqdzxk $13 and I may have a lifetime supply. Now I waiting for my order of hydrocal so I can try it out. Dreams of lots of hills and cliffs. I'll be back in the city in a week so that time I'll make sure I get to a store that has the mdf sheets and thin xps insulation. About $20 of materials will keep me in terrain making for months.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Bought this instead:

I've used this before (thou not on foam). It didn't perform like I thought it would. Metal was like wiping gunky water on things. 

• Like 5

On a visit to a grocery store last week I bought a book. They have a cardboard box filled with random books...at cut rate prices. I often look in the box, but I hardly ever buy one, figuring a $3-7 book is not worth having. But I made an exception, just because of the cover on this hardback :

6E793C1E-3E56-40AE-87F6-52F5D4F0DCC0.thumb.jpeg.08e7b3e0f262b5248d282ce5c414c583.jpeg

Anybody here ever read an MJ Sullivan novel?  Way back in the before time, when paperbacks were less than $1, sometimes I would buy one solely because of the cover. Have not done that in years. 

• Like 9

I picked up a "How to draw Adventure Time characters" in one of those boxes before. ^_^

• Like 6