OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

On 2/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

A few different things for today..

Acquired from hubby: 77492 Behir.  Apparently he doesn't want to paint it.  Oh good, means I'll get to paint a nightmarish creature of doom and not have to order another ^_^;;;

IMG_20190223_155139.thumb.jpg.2729931f5eaa0a9824cea67f61e801eb.jpg

^Acquired resent order from Reaper Minis!

44001: Reaper Bones Black Owlbear x1
72267: Rhino x1
72273: Tiger x2
72282: Cheetah x2
72283: Sabretooth x1
74033: 40mm Round Plastic Gaming Base (10) x1

Ordered from Oathsworn!

SS33 Minotaur Barbarian
SS34 Tiefling Paladin
SS38 Tabaxi Monk
BB41 Fennec Fox
BB85 Badger Mage 
BB93 Fox Mage

Oathsworn order brings me "dangerously" close to having purchased two digits (total) worth of female minis.  I'm not normally one for female minis, but these ones have a TON of character and not only fit into various projects I have, but also appeal to me ^_^;;;;

Also, whooooooo I did get an Owlbear, so awesome, so happy.

Nice! The are such excellent female minis.

I got my Gods of Fire Nickstarter stuff... Well most of it. One figure wasn't shipped over and will be mailed to me later. Also got the Lost Colossus book, since I missed that one.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, TGP said:

On a visit to a grocery store last week I bought a book. They have a cardboard box filled with random books...at cut rate prices. I often look in the box, but I hardly ever buy one, figuring a $3-7 book is not worth having. But I made an exception, just because of the cover on this hardback :

6E793C1E-3E56-40AE-87F6-52F5D4F0DCC0.thumb.jpeg.08e7b3e0f262b5248d282ce5c414c583.jpeg

Anybody here ever read an MJ Sullivan novel?  Way back in the before time, when paperbacks were less than $1, sometimes I would buy one solely because of the cover. Have not done that in years. 

I have read all of his and love them. His character interactions and plot twists are what I enjoy the most. I would recommend checking out his website as he offers free short stories so you can see if you like his style. Since you got it because of the cover, the art is by Marc Simonetti. He has done the covers for most of Sullivan's books and others. This is one of my favorites of his and is the cover of his art book, Coverama:

Spoiler

23b7f0d7a4833ca3d060ccb622b34f5507018199

I also have these two as posters, the first is the cover for Sullivan's Hollow World and the second is for his Death of Dulgath.

Spoiler

0b6d4aaae8bc0c3c12853c65b2411727_origina

Making-of-The-Death-of-Dulgath-by-Marc-S

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Nice! The are such excellent female minis.

I think that's what got me into them...  The no nonsense, mess with me if you dare kind of stylings, with just a little bit of that... "oh, sure, I'd love to fight... And I'll knock you senseless, then make you buy me a drink after!" kind of expressions.  Or, perhaps even that quiet kind of confidence.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Talae said:

Those are great pics!

I totally agree. I can almost instantly place something for D&D in each of those pics.

Ordered & preordered at the FLGS last night:

Couple packs of both sizes of Wizkids base packs (black)

Stranger Things/Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Starter Set (preorder)

Ultra Pro: Oversized deck box. I need something to carry the D&D monster cards in & these are made to carry the oversize & regular size game cards

& just this morning, put in a preorder on D&D Beyond's marketplace for "Ghosts of Saltmarsh". The new hardback adventure/setting coming in May!! Hopefully WoTC brings Greyhawk back for 5e! (They mention Azure Sea, so unless it's been added to Forg Realms & such....fingers crossed!!)

8 hours ago, haldir said:

I picked up a "How to draw Adventure Time characters" in one of those boxes before. ^_^

btw this is the book for those that was curious. I had just gotten home from D&D was heading off for work when I phone posted.

61oBwS0BPiL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, haldir said:

I totally agree. I can almost instantly place something for D&D in each of those pics.

Ordered & preordered at the FLGS last night:

Couple packs of both sizes of Wizkids base packs (black)

Stranger Things/Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Starter Set (preorder)

Ultra Pro: Oversized deck box. I need something to carry the D&D monster cards in & these are made to carry the oversize & regular size game cards

& just this morning, put in a preorder on D&D Beyond's marketplace for "Ghosts of Saltmarsh". The new hardback adventure/setting coming in May!! Hopefully WoTC brings Greyhawk back for 5e! (They mention Azure Sea, so unless it's been added to Forg Realms & such....fingers crossed!!)

btw this is the book for those that was curious. I had just gotten home from D&D was heading off for work when I phone posted.

61oBwS0BPiL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Saltmarch book (from what I heard) is written to be setting agnostic (you can place it anywhere with a coastline).  As far as I know, there are no current plans for Greyhawk to be AL.

• Like 5

My Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago-Gods of Fire Nickstarter stuff arrived this weekend.  The Tribals are great...if only I had started Tomb of Annihilation a little later!

20190223_190341.jpg?width=832&height=468

I also appreciate that the plastics come with enough Spirit Masks for all the bodies in the set.  I've always liked them, my grandmother had a set in her spare room that I was fascinated with as a child.  I didn't build everyone with them, but they'll be put to use on some other minis for sure:

52661105_326949707927861_3223075374543929344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-2.fna&oh=573080c501d8d35422e0ceb109aff071&oe=5CDC6D95

There was also a nice set of timing with this and Valandar's "Titans of Legend" Kickstarter.  To celebrate the project's last-minute funding, he released a free Cyclops STL on Thingiverse, and I finished printing it the same day the Tribals arrived!  There was a Cyclops stretch goal that was not achieved in the Ghost Archipelago pre-order.

52673045_2288385771432389_4250536065481310208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-2.fna&oh=758aec7df735cbc5abb0be8fefc28ae1&oe=5CE7665B

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The Saltmarch book (from what I heard) is written to be setting agnostic (you can place it anywhere with a coastline).  As far as I know, there are no current plans for Greyhawk to be AL.

AL?

All Lonely

At Large

Agnostically ...Logistic?

Agnostic L ____________

Acronym-Fu is failing, can someone help?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TGP said:

AL?

All Lonely

At Large

Agnostically ...Logistic?

Agnostic L ____________

Acronym-Fu is failing, can someone help?

Given that it's Dilvish, I'm suspecting "Adventure League" is the AL being referred to.

• Like 8

E24A591F-3885-495E-80D1-07FC7D1BFA6F.jpeg

(Oops forgot to add words. :ik_oops: )

There were some threads about two weeks ago about Weasel-Sable brushes, and which might be best, or which had the finest points, or what size to get...

Oddly, this inspired me to go to Michael’s® and just see what could be had brushwise for less $$$. 

Two Kolknsky Sable brushes seemed to be about $14 each in the threads I was reading, but that lot above, altogether, was about the same money (most of the packs were $5 each) ...and I got at least three, maybe five terrain brushes out of the deal. 

Who knew Taklon® came in all these colors?  (But I guess if Naugas exist in all the different colors Naugahyde® is available in, why not Taklon?)

Edited by TGP
...rounded up the missing words...
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Talae said:

Those are great pics!

that's where I knew the name.  I've read the hollow world books.  I remember they were pretty good

1 hour ago, TGP said:

(Oops forgot to add words. :ik_oops: )

There were some threads about two weeks ago about Weasel-Sable brushes, and which might be best, or which had the finest points, or what size to get...

Oddly, this inspired me to go to Michael’s® and just see what could be had brushwise for less $$$. 

Two Kolknsky Sable brushes seemed to be about $14 each in the threads I was reading, but that lot above, altogether, was about the same money (most of the packs were $5 each) ...and I got at least three, maybe five terrain brushes out of the deal. 

Who knew Taklon® came in all these colors?  (But I guess if Naugas exist in all the different colors Naugahyde® is available in, why not Taklon?)

you're missing my favorite color:  White!  The white ones of course quickly become the first strong color you dip them in.  (HINT: the blue pigments that reaper uses are VERY strong...)  I go through quite a few cheap brushes, especially when I am playing with new techniques or I don't want to wait for a sable brush to reach the point I really enjoy

• Like 5

On 2/19/2019 at 9:13 PM, Talae said:

Ordered four reverse dropper bottle racks and a universal rack from Impudent Mortal for $112 with free shipping.

Screenshot_20190219-204436_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e68447eaa98a0df4beb876c591e43c04.jpg

Time to organize by color. Please send help.

This order was delivered today. Any tips on how to organize by color are greatly appreciated. 

On a related note: I may need to take tomorrow off work. *cough, cough*

• Haha 8

47 minutes ago, Talae said:

This order was delivered today. Any tips on how to organize by color are greatly appreciated

Left..................to.................Right

Browns, Reds, Oranges, Yellows, Greens, Blues, Purples, Blacks (in vertical columns by color categories)

Least frequently used (within color categories)

To

Bottom

Most frequently used (within color categories)

• Like 6