Sign in to follow this  
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Way back in the long ago, back when dwarf and dice projects ruled kickstarter, well before Bones 1 was even a twinkle in Reapers collective eye, one of the earliest kickstarters I backed was for Unique Dice Towers.

I’ve ordered a couple more towers from them since, great stuff. 

Late last year on their Facebook page they were mentioning they were in discussions for a Doctor Who licence agreement for dice towers and bags to hold them in. They had a few prototypes made of the bags, and planned to sell the towers and bags as sets. They don’t have plans to sell the bags separately.

But what the heck. I asked anyway.

Today I received the two bags I ordered, plus they threw in a third one due to the lengthy wait, I think they misplaced or forgot to send them off.

78781C8B-241E-44E4-8622-80311C67921E.thumb.jpeg.2bdddfc5c546dd4d65aa03b04c672fd5.jpeg

They’re actually very nice and well constructed bags. The towers fit in quite nicely.

Would make for great dice bags too.

• Like 12

I've placed a preorder for Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I'm looking forward to seeing the naval rules. I know I could probably find a 95% accurate version of what's in the book by checking out the Unearthed Arcana stuff, but I'm both lazy and like books.

• Like 7

I ordered a few busts today.

One will be converted to be a Heavy Metal Girl instead of a Punk Girl.

The other will stay Punk although she might get some Metal Patchs as well.

image.thumb.png.6ffefe7112247178cd1072b51ee3100f.pngimage.thumb.png.9c17b45d36ab9eb2f843cf54433213fa.png

image.png

• Like 13

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

That dragon looks like he's totally not prepared to be airborne and is completely terrified.

Its obvious from his leg positions that he isn't flying, he's standing. He's confused as to why there's a glass plate for him to stand on right there.

• Haha 10

& the centaur is gonna wack the unicorn. Prob for being a home wrecker! 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, haldir said:

& the centaur is gonna wack the unicorn. Prob for being a home wrecker! 

The owlbear is wondering who slapped their turd onto the ceiling and if they know they have worms. The troll is practicing his Hamlet, but he couldn't find a skull.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

My take on that cover is...

Obviously, the centaur is an abusive husband about to beat his unicorn wife as a member of the police is flying in from child services to arrest him for beating his wife and locking the kids in the basement with their own filth which has gain sentience and probably should also be taken into protective care too.

Wow. That got dark. They ARE monsters! :P

GF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Looks like a nice clean copy.  What printing? 

Are you playing/considering playing 1e?

It's a later printing but indeed nice and clean.

No 1e for me; I've just always loved that cover, and the old-school art inside, and finally grabbed a copy for no good reason but looking at the pictures.

If I'd known y'all were gonna make me giggle like this I'd've posted a picture of the back, too.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Unruly said:

The owlbear is wondering who slapped their turd onto the ceiling and if they know they have worms. The troll is practicing his Hamlet, but he couldn't find a skull.

I always thought underground was a mental support clinic.  The troll finished eating the therapist and is now contemplating why he does this and why things go wrong in his life. The owlbear us earnestly trying to tell his life story to the proper for the thousandth time and the roper is pluging it's ears with one set of tentacles while yelling LALALALA to try and drown out the noise

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I always thought underground was a mental support clinic.  The troll finished eating the therapist and is now contemplating why he does this and why things go wrong in his life. The owlbear us earnestly trying to tell his life story to the proper for the thousandth time and the roper is pluging it's ears with one set of tentacles while yelling LALALALA to try and drown out the noise

I've always wonder, why is there a owlbear underground?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Marvin said:

It's a later printing but indeed nice and clean.

No 1e for me; I've just always loved that cover, and the old-school art inside, and finally grabbed a copy for no good reason but looking at the pictures.

If I'd known y'all were gonna make me giggle like this I'd've posted a picture of the back, too.

It's not too late for more pics.

GEM

And it's never to late to try a little bit of history.

• Like 4