OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

13 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

It's hard to tell a lot of the time if someone is selling a re-cast or if they are selling part of their collection. You can't really tell until you actually have it in hand to see what it looks like as most of the time they like to use box art or pictures taken from the actual manufacturer. You shouldn't feel bad as you didn't know when you were purchasing it what you were getting. You did the right thing in the end by reporting it. 

12 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Nocturna already replied and was glad to have the incident reported. Now to go shopping. Sadly they are out of stock of that Odin figure. Bah! Sir Cyr loves Norse Mythology. But there are others... *ponders* The Farewell item was from Hanger 18 (good vendor, not bad vendor). 

I believe I have accidently picked up a counterfeit once.

Since then, I always look at the other items the seller sells.

If the seller offers many kits like that, cheap and also without the original packing/boxes it may be a warning signal.

If the ad shows the real package and you receive it without it in a zip bag..bad sign.

Also...be careful with sellers from China, Russian Federation and Ukraine.

There are a lot of recasters there. Of course not all sellers are....

But basically if one is selling like 30+ busts and large scale minis all for $20 or less without original packing, watch out!

And...if the original company makes it in metal , you can't purchase a resin one. And vice versa.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

Customs suck... 

My Reaper order has been stuck for nearly 10 days now... 

(Yeah, the order with the one paint I'm missing for the Rainbow Dragon challenge)

So, being bored I surfed by Kinggames in Denmark and ordered the Vallejo transparent paint set. 

(Want to see if they can replace the Tamiya Toxic series of transparents)

I also ordered some Vallejo Maskingfluid, and a set of their 'tiny' palettes(85mm diameter)

I'm also looking at drones...  

I may end up with a DJI Spark.

But I'm also drooling at he DJI Mavic 'Fly More' package...  

My bank account is whimpering and pleading already...  

• Like 7

I don't like the dent, but it is a rather small one, and not very deep, so it probably doesn't matter. 

Starting to learn about airbrushing?

The first thing I learned was that you need to mind the valve on the cap that you screw onto the canister...   

The second was that a compressor isn't all that expensive... 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I don't like the dent, but it is a rather small one, and not very deep, so it probably doesn't matter. 

Starting to learn about airbrushing?

The first thing I learned was that you need to mind the valve on the cap that you screw onto the canister...   

The second was that a compressor isn't all that expensive... 

If you do much airbrushing the compressor will quickly pay for itself in both not having to constantly buy "canned air" and also not having your last can on hand run out of oomph right in the middle of a painting session.

GEM

• Like 2

@Glitterwolf has struck again!

20171018_180005.thumb.jpg.34d7682b8ded3a7f8de1414ddb4ee90a.jpg

MIJN STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!!!!!

COW!!!!!!!

COFFEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to a truly awesome person, I certainly wasn't expecting what was in it. The hopjes are delicious. The metal mini is 02426, Azia Al-Jawar, one that I had my eye on for one of my characters. And mini Glitterwolf is so shiny! It could be a golden talisman........or maybe a voodoo fetish......hmmm....... *starts poking it with a pin to see if there's anything to it*

Thanks again to my Dutch family! This made my day!

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Check the origins section of the below link.

"Bob's Big Boy" was a SoCal cruising/hangout/family quick menu restaurant chain for several generations.  I'm sure the image of the "Big Boy" in his striped overalls and burger held high will ring a bell as the chain was franchised from SoCal in multiple areas of the country. Sadly, most of them are gone now, to that land of fond memory where car-hops, window trays, curb-feelers, and white-wall-tires continue to populate the imaginations of those "of a certain age".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boy_Restaurants

It's also recognizable to a somewhat later crowd for having made an appearance in the first Austin Powers movie...

• Like 5

Many Yays!

I finally received my Reaper order complete with Ghoulie bag which contained a rock.

Which means I can finally have a celebratory drink out of my Peanuts mug!

IMG_0688.JPG

The rest of my order contained the two paints and candy from said bag. The Breast Cancer awareness paint, and Lysette Reapers mini of the month.

And the following:

77081: Burning Sphere (3) x1
02715: Sir Justin, Templar x1
02667: Halfling Wizard x1
02648: Schumacher, Ranger x1
03251: Finaela, Half Elf Pirate x1
03591: Lola Darkslip, Female Thief x1
77402: Pack Donkey x2
50293: Bonnie, Muumuu Zombie x1

I usually try to get a mix of newer and older minis from my Reaper want list whenever I place an order.

And I have a very long Reaper want list.

I just have to remember to check it before I order so that I don't end up with unwanted doubles.

*I'm looking at you Sir Justin*

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 12

12 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@Glitterwolf has struck again!

20171018_180005.thumb.jpg.34d7682b8ded3a7f8de1414ddb4ee90a.jpg

MIJN STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!!!!!

COW!!!!!!!

COFFEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to a truly awesome person, I certainly wasn't expecting what was in it. The hopjes are delicious. The metal mini is 02426, Azia Al-Jawar, one that I had my eye on for one of my characters. And mini Glitterwolf is so shiny! It could be a golden talisman........or maybe a voodoo fetish......hmmm....... *starts poking it with a pin to see if there's anything to it*

Thanks again to my Dutch family! This made my day!

You're welcome.

Please be kind to Agent Midas who is in no way related to any supervillain and poses no danger at all...

• Like 7

Found someone calling themselves 'TheLesserEvil' on Etsy that was selling a resin 'Female Werewolf' in a kneeling pose. It's a bit larger than most of my minis at 120mm, but... yeah...  

Also, it was the last one. 

The seller also have a male 'anthro wolf' at 150mm.

• Like 5