OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

11 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Found someone calling themselves 'TheLesserEvil' on Etsy that was selling a resin 'Female Werewolf' in a kneeling pose. It's a bit larger than most of my minis at 120mm, but... yeah...  

Also, it was the last one. 

The seller also have a male 'anthro wolf' at 150mm.

This sounds like something I may need in my life for reasons. Apparently they take down the pics if it goes out of stock though. 

C’est la vie.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

thelesserevil_etsy_female_werewolf.jpg.d1934a4042b20db8bfc470d25d55b22c.jpg

I have made it a habit of saving images of minis I buy... 

Very cool!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I made an adulting acquisition that I'm quite excited about!

1508377378421326507205.jpg

I have one of these too! I love it. I've only used it a couple of times but with good results. 

• Like 4

Picked up the elusive 'Sorceress' from the range of Games Workshop's Talisman miniatures. That completes the set.

IMG_0722.JPG

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Picked up the elusive 'Sorceress' from the range of Games Workshop's Talisman miniatures. That completes the set.

IMG_0722.JPG

Congratulations, Beagle! I just finished painting my complete set for 2nd edition Talisman games I ran for Gen Con this year. I've only had them since the 90's...

Grognards like me that had played the game back in the 80's enjoyed the sessions at GC50. Those that have only played the newer versions did not like the insane randomness that was rampant in GW games back then.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

Congratulations, Beagle! I just finished painting my complete set for 2nd edition Talisman games I ran for Gen Con this year. I've only had them since the 90's...

Grognards like me that had played the game back in the 80's enjoyed the sessions at GC50. Those that have only played the newer versions did not like the insane randomness that was rampant in GW games back then.

Thanks, it's been quite the hunt. I'm now focusing on miniatures that were produced for 'Blood Bath at Orcs Drift', and 'McDeath' - remember those?

I once spent a whole Summer holidays playing Talisman with my friends, must have played every character in the base game and first expansion three times over.

• Like 9

Apparently, I ordered a black t-shirt with the artwork from B2 Keep On The Borderlands on it...

I only vaguely remember doing so, well, okay, I don't actually remember it but I have a vague feeling I might have - I think I got it off Etsy... maybe.

But, it's here.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9

23 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@Glitterwolf has struck again!

20171018_180005.thumb.jpg.34d7682b8ded3a7f8de1414ddb4ee90a.jpg

MIJN STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!!!!!

COW!!!!!!!

COFFEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to a truly awesome person, I certainly wasn't expecting what was in it. The hopjes are delicious. The metal mini is 02426, Azia Al-Jawar, one that I had my eye on for one of my characters. And mini Glitterwolf is so shiny! It could be a golden talisman........or maybe a voodoo fetish......hmmm....... *starts poking it with a pin to see if there's anything to it*

Thanks again to my Dutch family! This made my day!

I love those Hopjes. Omnomnom.

• Like 5

Put in my Reaper order (my first since 2014 apparently, I'm feeling a bit guilty about that):-

Oiled Leather - Now I'll be able to finish my Shipwreck Revenant,

03800: Mara Frostraven, Female Anti-Paladin,

60196: Mavaro, Iconic Occultist,

60189: Kevoth-Kul, the Black Sovereign,

60202: Rivani, Iconic Psychic,

03788: Trista, the White Wolf,

03784: D'Vandra Lukesia,

03785: Jakob Knochengard,

03786: Andowyn Thrushmoor,

03787: The Crimson Herald,

03805: Christina, Female Cleric,

03810: Bregan, Valkyrie,

03823: Day of the Dead Duchess,

03822: Day of the Dead Cavalier,

01613: ReaperCon 2017 Sophie.

It comes with a 25th Anniversary mini and a Ghoulie Bag, yay!

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

They are strangely delightful. I must see if they are nearby. (Over here, 'nearby' may mean a 2 hour drive)

That is because they're coffee flavoured..

I believe there are websites in the US and Canada that sells Dutch foods and treats.

Maybe try those..

• Like 4

14 hours ago, DocPiske said:

We still have our second printing set, plus reams of house rules and homemade improved boards (our City is much expanded).  

36 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I believe there are websites in the US and Canada that sells Dutch foods and treats.

Maybe try those..

I got masses of genuine hagelslag to give as gifts last year from holland for you dot com.  It’s based in the Netherlands and shipping is pretty steep, but it was still a good deal.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Maybe try those..

I might have seen them at one of the specialty stores in the Big City, so I'll check there in a couple of weeks.

• Like 4