Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

2 hours ago, Sanael said:

Yep, they should be available at retail. @Paymaster Games, do you know when that's likely to happen?

I may need a few more llamas myself.

Seriously, I have wanted those monsters, but somehow shipping to the Netherlands doubles the mini's price.

How come Reaper or other USA based companies can offer reasonable shipping?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Sanael said:

The Great Thunderbird was a little smaller than I thought, but it's still ver'beeg, and it looks awesome!

IMG_20190410_183532872.thumb.jpg.28e344f6d1541314e6095dc792e34106.jpg

Ok, the figs are really cool (especially this one and of course the pack llama) , but what I really want to know is: that wall, is that textured paper, or a plaster effect, or what?  It looks really cool, especially with that colour.

(and yes, we ARE looking at painting some rooms this spring.....)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Ok, the figs are really cool (especially this one and of course the pack llama) , but what I really want to know is: that wall, is that textured paper, or a plaster effect, or what?  It looks really cool, especially with that colour.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun putting color on the beige (which used to be white, maybe in the 70's) when we moved in.

The walls are plaster-and-lath, so that's the texture you're seeing. It's a little bit of a pain to paint, because it has lots of very small but deep textures. We still find little points of white when we look from different angles. But you can probably get a similarly interesting texture without the really deep pinholes by using newer plasters.

The color is "Framboise," from the "HGTV HOME by Sherwin Williams" collection at Lowe's. It's part of a "World Spice" color palette that includes a couple of nice teals, a mustard yellow, a fantastic dark plum and a rusty orange.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Seriously, I have wanted those monsters, but somehow shipping to the Netherlands doubles the mini's price.

How come Reaper or other USA based companies can offer reasonable shipping?

Larger companies have distributors in different territories. I have attempting to go the same route with a lot of difficulty. I just finished sending allot packages to the Netherlands and the heaviest package postage was about $25.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Paymaster Games said:

Larger companies have distributors in different territories. I have attempting to go the same route with a lot of difficulty. I just finished sending allot packages to the Netherlands and the heaviest package postage was about $25.

I understand, it was not meant as an attack so I hope you didn't take it that way.

I would just want one or two of the big monsters and that would indeed add about 25 for shipping.

It would be cool if you could sell your stuff through a distributor like Battlefield Berlin for instance.

• Like 6

By popular demand. (Hey one person asked!). Not everything as some of the things were already stuffed into other boxes. I didn't buy many of the addons, just one paint set, scenics, a lot of giants and the skelly monsters.

IMG_7874.thumb.JPG.b8c9c590825fa9dc285c9f7dab7a09ff.JPG

• Like 12
6 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Reading this post the first thing I thought of was those Home Adviser commercials where the friend asks anther friend on something & then he asks for references, appointment sets etc etc....:lol: Still thou go to the source!!

Acquired:

I needed to do something on the KS page & finally thought of getting this one:

Lost Dragon KS pledge. (or at least what is all out for it).

So glad, Danny Herrero (the creator) has left the KS code up this long. I tend to not go after my KS rewards (if digital) when they go live.

In the process of getting a couple of hobby-gaming orders together.

7 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Acquired Detective Pikachu the other day! Want to finish it before the movie come out. I'm not sure how much overlap there will be but better safe than sorry?

0408191939.thumb.jpg.30c20ed58395349839db51416ee46dff.jpg

I still can't get over hearing Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu. All I'm seeing is Deadpool. Oh hey, speaking of Det Pika, my FLGS has a large DP sticker that he is giving out. You might find it where Pokemon cards are sold. It's the movie version.

1 hour ago, Zink said:

Bones 4 photo)

Nice to see you got the ruins. I thought about that one as I've liked ever since seeing it as a addon in that cancelled Conan war game, but wasn't it part of the scenery set. I'll look for it at retail.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, haldir said:

I still can't get over hearing Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu. All I'm seeing is Deadpool. Oh hey, speaking of Det Pika, my FLGS has a large DP sticker that he is giving out. You might find it where Pokemon cards are sold. It's the movie version.

I was thinking the same about Ryan Reynolds. :lol: And I might definitely have to find that sticker.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Zink said:

By popular demand. (Hey one person asked!). Not everything as some of the things were already stuffed into other boxes. I didn't buy many of the addons, just one paint set, scenics, a lot of giants and the skelly monsters.

IMG_7874.thumb.JPG.b8c9c590825fa9dc285c9f7dab7a09ff.JPG

Ok. This checks ou... wait a minute! That date stamp is from November 4th of this year!

We've got a time traveller here, folks! Call the OSI! Get General Gathers on the phone and tell him to stop messing around with Venture's teleporter, this one's bigger! We can't let this technology escape into public use!

Edited by Unruly
  • Haha 12