Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Ok. This checks ou... wait a minute! That date stamp is from November 4th of this year!

We've got a time traveller here, folks! Call the OSI! Get General Gathers on the phone and tell him to stop messing around with Venture's teleporter, this one's bigger! We can't let this technology escape into public use!

Some of us use day/month/year. I just wish we could make up out minds which. It's a headache at tax time when I'm trying to figure out what months the bills are supposed to go in. Now if I was organised I'd have them put away during the month and not all in a big box that I usually don't look at until after the year end.

• Like 7
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Zink said:

Some of us use day/month/year. I just wish we could make up out minds which. It's a headache at tax time when I'm trying to figure out what months the bills are supposed to go in. Now if I was organised I'd have them put away during the month and not all in a big box that I usually don't look at until after the year end.

Oh, I know. D/M/Y is probably the better way to do it. I just wanted to make light of the wait. Because now that shipping is happening, I'm getting excited. I can ignore it for the most part until shipping starts, then I get antsy.

• Like 8
11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Seriously, I have wanted those monsters, but somehow shipping to the Netherlands doubles the mini's price.

How come Reaper or other USA based companies can offer reasonable shipping?

Economies of scale. Reaper does enough business to have opened an office in Europe.

If you can't ship by the container, it's really hard to get decent prices on shipping.

We imported miniatures from the UK in the '90s and it only made sense that way even then. Unfortunately the company we were dealing with was kind of a garage operation and couldn't manage anything like that level or production, so we ended up stopping pretty quickly. Toward the end, I took some miniatures in lieu of part of my pay (since we weren't selling minis, money was pretty tight). I still have several cases of Fantasy Warlord minis around ... unpainted, of course.

• Like 9

I do not know if I am allowed to post links to other my store. My Pre-order store is still open. I only have a few restocks to do (I know I am a down to less then 5 of the Cloud Serpents, a couple of goddesses and Quetzalcoatl). I still several other monsters, pack llamas, Dog Travois (my wife calls them a dog cart). Please do not order any of the Aztec Commoner troops (warriors, Spears, Archers, and Slingers) or the Ahklut, the orca-wolf, I have discontinued these models and sold the last ones I had in stock.

Moderators if you read this can I share the link?

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Paymaster Games said:

I do not know if I am allowed to post links to other my store. My Pre-order store is still open. I only have a few restocks to do (I know I am a down to less then 5 of the Cloud Serpents, a couple of goddesses and Quetzalcoatl). I still several other monsters, pack llamas, Dog Travois (my wife calls them a dog cart). Please do not order any of the Aztec Commoner troops (warriors, Spears, Archers, and Slingers) or the Ahklut, the orca-wolf, I have discontinued these models and sold the last ones I had in stock.

That would be a commerce link, and thus against the roolz. 

But, uh, you can PM me that link ^_^ all I could find was your eBay store.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Paymaster Games said:

Or you could post it in an update in your KickStarter...    

Also, just got a text on my cell-phone. 

A package from El Greco is waiting for me.   

That would be the Dhalya the Fairy bust.    

• Like 8

Yesterday I arrived home from my Dental Adventure to find packages from Dark Sword & Noble Knight.

The Dark Sword box contained:

DSM-5003 Melisandre, Priestes of R'hllor

DSM-5012 Lannister Lady in Waiting...possibly one of Fast Flo's numerous younger sisters or nieces

DSM-6504 Jen, Harvester of Souls

DSM-7335 Female Witch Pin Up

DSM-7344 Female Sorceress (there seems to be a complete shortage of Male Sorceresses)

DSM-7442 Wood Elf Goddess, Avatar Form

DSM-7533 Witch With Minion

AND FREE MINIS:

DSM-1139 Female Mage with Staff

DSM-8078 "Archer" Grumpy Cat Warlock

DSCN8001.thumb.JPG.843aea7e097530bda14c9a53157fd79c.JPG

I had both of the free minis from a previous order. SO I gave them to Cap'n John...thus becoming a hero for the day.

All the Witchy Ladies will soon have Goblin and/or Pumpkin Head followers/admirers.

The Noble Knight miniatures were four Tale of War minis that I have wanted for awhile.

Little Red Riding Hood

Rapunzel

Cinderella

Captain Hook

DSCN8002.thumb.JPG.938d1192f14a76348fb805e69b05967e.JPG

They fit with my approach to (Twisted) Fairy Tales.

• Like 11
10 hours ago, Paymaster Games said:

Please PM me the link as well.

• Like 4

Placed some orders last night before I went to sleep (prob why I only got an hour before work........:blink:) Still I need these before next Weds & ship est has me getting everything around Tues or Weds...yikes!

While I didn't need the bonus BBlack mini this month (I have it in metal), I wanted to see BBlack on a smaller figure.

00004: The Book of Bones: Bones Catalog  $1.00 x1
02046: Selene The Unbroken  $4.99 x1
02464: Black Legionnaire  $4.99 x1
14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero  $5.99 x1
77632: Sarcophagus  $3.99 x1
03917: Bergamot, Halfling Rogue  $6.99 x1
77139: Altar of Evil  $2.99 x1
03078: Pearl the Mermaid  $5.99 x1
07017: Dungeon Dwellers: Sister Hazel, Plague Doctor  $8.99 x1

Your order has received 1x Reaper Bones Black Surkar, Orc Shaman

Only thing on that order I need is Pearl, as she'll be a NPC (foe maybe?) in next Weds game. She'll be dancer in a seaside tavern. Everything else above her is for a future Weds 5e adventure. Plague Doc is just to fill out the order to $40. ^_^

While I'm not sure if I'll place a second Reaper order this month, looking forward to:

07023: Dungeon Dwllers: Ailene, Female Cleric by Bobby Jackson

I'll be replacing a Monday night PC's Darksword mini (limbs were too thin to pin her mace on & it has a tendency to fall off + I like this figure better).

Also placed a couple of ebay orders:

Prepaints:

Rat - Overwhelming Swarm #06 MTG Creature Forge 

Wererat - Skull & Shackles #9 Pathfinder Battles 
Gray Ooze - Waterdeep Dungeon of the Mad Mage #12 x 2
Darkmantle x4 - Storm King's Thunder #4 
Purple Fungus (violet) - Maze of Death #5 Pathfinder Battles 
Kirrix - Rusty Dragon Inn #27 Pathfinder Battles 

Reaper:

Hanrik, Dwarf Pugilist #03948 Dark Heaven 
Black Legionnaire I 02464 Dark Heaven Legends 

Deep One Priest & Servitor 77520 Bones 
C'thulhu Shrine 77523 Bones 
Dragon Hatchling Black #77273 Bones 
Dragon Hatchling Red #77274 Bones x 2

Dire Rats (5) #77016 Bones x 3

Dragons are for the wings, for the rats of course!! :rock:

I do need to get some black wire for the rats as well. I need to make some spiders.

• Like 7

Alright then. Let's try this out! Behold! My recently obtained objects!

100_3613.thumb.JPG.279553edafdfa652dca9ed4585ca44b9.JPG

The Overview or most of them.

100_3614.thumb.JPG.713f26df54717566a5b2777139a385d0.JPG

In this close up are,

--Halfsies promo Dwarf dice set

--Star Trek TOS Door alarm

--D&D Minis Behir, Flumph, Flying sword

100_3615.thumb.JPG.886dfccb64f40886936503ed40c26b91.JPG

--Tiefling battlemaster, Otto and Goristro

--Plastic candy eggs(For mini transport for exchanges)

100_3616.thumb.JPG.be6a936cf309886e7dac3da221e638ca.JPG

--Bones Black Efreeti

--steampunk journal

--fancy mini Info sheets

100_3617.thumb.JPG.dd7ea41e4ee2e05ba7296d0e0d83a836.JPG

--two different Scorpion monsters

--Shadow

--beholder zombie

--Froghemoth

But the biggest is the following...

20190403_042249.thumb.jpg.a7cd4a7af2196b532b9b991fdd285570.jpg

So explaination;

My uncle Walter died in January and my parents and myself have been going through his house and its contents. He never threw anything away it seemed. Which is a very good thing in this case! Because we found the genesis of gaming passion! The summer before I turned 5 years old, Uncle Walter bought this video game system for me to play when I visited him. One of my earliest, most vivid memories is playing Donkey Kong on this very Colecovision! And now it is mine. And I'm trying to figure out if it still works and I can play it one more time in my life. Wish me luck:)

GF

• Like 14

Wow! I just won an auction for an antique gun, a Mauser C96, nicknamed the Broomhandle. Carried by Winston Churchill, Lawrence of Arabia and countless bad guys in Film Noir. Had one but traded it in on a Colt Bisley, so I am glad to add another to the stable.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Wow! I just won an auction for an antique gun, a Mauser C96, nicknamed the Broomhandle. Carried by Winston Churchill, Lawrence of Arabia and countless bad guys in Film Noir. Had one but traded it in on a Colt Bisley, so I am glad to add another to the stable.

Oooh, you lucky SOB. That's a classic. Right up there with the Luger and the Walther P38 as far as German pistols go.

It's also the basis of Han Solo's blaster in Star Wars.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Oooh, you lucky SOB. That's a classic. Right up there with the Luger and the Walther P38 as far as German pistols go.

It's also the basis of Han Solo's blaster in Star Wars.

Yup, I have been trading for years. I have a nice WW1 Luger, 1911 and S&W 1917. This rounds the group out nicely.

zMjl3F0.jpg

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 7
On 4/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, Paymaster Games said:

As some of the forumites have already posted, linking to retail sites or post kickstarter pledge managers is against forum rules.

You can mention your store, but no posting direct links to it.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yup, I have been trading for years. I have a nice WW1 Luger, 1911 and S&W 1917. This rounds the group out nicely.

Nah, you're still missing a cracking good Webley. Or better yet, the rarer and more interesting Webley-Fosbury.

• Like 5