OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Now that the RC17 Sophie is available I placed my winter exchange order. 

REDACTED

REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED
01613: ReaperCon 2017 Sophie $17.99 x1
01407: Dana Murphy (72mm) $13.99 x1
02333: Orlath Hoarbeard $4.99 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary! Your order has received 2x Lysette Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag!

• Like 8

Woot!

07251: ReaperCon 2017 Swag Bag $49.99 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary!

Your order has received 1x Lysette Happy Halloween!

Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag!

• Like 9

Recieved my second package: water effects kit, mini trees, and a display dome. Then ordered my Reapercon Sophie.

1020171602.thumb.jpg.4131ca206c3d0b305e0cc407736c5032.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 11

Seems someone shipped you an extra cat there too.

I put in my first mini order since August just now.

07251: ReaperCon 2017 Swag Bag $49.99 x1
14501: Scuttlebones, Undead Crab $16.99 x1
02639: Manticore $16.49 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary! Your order has received 2x Lysette Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag!

I wish the giant crab wasn't undead, because I don't really need an undead one, but it will work in a pinch. And there's no way I was gonna miss the swag bag.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 11

02906: Praying Paladin  $4.99 x1
07251: ReaperCon 2017 Swag Bag  $49.99 x1
01613: ReaperCon 2017 Sophie  $17.99 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary!  Your order has received 1x Lysette Happy Halloween! Your order has received a Ghoulie Bag!

:bday::bday::bday::bday:

Now I just have to wait til the con is over to see if my ninja shopper found me anything...

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Recieved my second package: water effects kit, mini trees, and a display dome. Then ordered my Reapercon Sophie.

Those Scene-A-Rama kits are nice if you're looking to get a lot of different types of basing items on the cheap - and they turn up in Goodwill and thrift stores largely intact with surprising regularity...

18 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I wish the giant crab wasn't undead, because I don't really need an undead one, but it will work in a pinch. And there's no way I was gonna miss the swag bag.

The undeadness on ol' crabcakes there is really a pretty easy fix with a bit of putty. He's not really missing any complicated details from what I can see from the store pics.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Those Scene-A-Rama kits are nice if you're looking to get a lot of different types of basing items on the cheap - and they turn up in Goodwill and thrift stores largely intact with surprising regularity...

I got it pretty cheap off of Amazon. I figure if it's meant for kids I can probably figure out what I am doing. I hope.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

The undeadness on ol' crabcakes there is really a pretty easy fix with a bit of putty. He's not really missing any complicated details from what I can see from the store pics.

You overestimate my skill with putty. I'm lucky I can even get a basing stamp to function properly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I got it pretty cheap off of Amazon. I figure if it's meant for kids I can probably figure out what I am doing. I hope.

The kits come with fairly decent instructions, and there's tons of videos out there on Youtube about how to use the things that come in the kit - the realistic water is for laying down standing water like ponds or lakes, and the water effects stuff is for creating running water effects on top of the realistic water. Unless you want to get really fancy, you just paint some blue, brown or green onto the area where you're pouring the water (going from a lighter color in the shallow parts to darker in the deeper parts), slap down the water, wait til it cures, and then scribble a few effects on top of it with a craft stick or needle, and drybrush a tiny bit of white on the very tops of the effects.

Outside of the realistic water and water effects (the kit comes with a decent amount of realistic water but only enough water effects to do one vignette or three or four single mini bases), you've also scored yourself some small bags of grass, foliage and gravel.

The cardboard background sheets are of a usable thickness but the plastic project base that comes with it is fairly flimsy, though. I wouldn't use it for any real projects.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5