Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My lunch time walk was productive (I go at 11:30 as the salad place gets really busy for 12). Salad acquired, as well as some sugar free cough drops (stupid throat), and lost importantly :

AGoAC.thumb.jpg.1dbfef2a3d8a7cd03f0574f105ca555b.jpg

came in at the LFGS.

Not that I get to even open it until next week (well, I could here at work, but that isn't overly helpful so I'll wait until I get back Monday night.).

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

My lunch time walk was productive (I go at 11:30 as the salad place gets really busy for 12). Salad acquired, as well as some sugar free cough drops (stupid throat), and lost importantly :

AGoAC.thumb.jpg.1dbfef2a3d8a7cd03f0574f105ca555b.jpg

came in at the LFGS.

Not that I get to even open it until next week (well, I could here at work, but that isn't overly helpful so I'll wait until I get back Monday night.).

Pssst, open it on break just to see the mechs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Can't do that.  I'm new and the office is VERY open, and very quiet (a lot of people add on to this long weekend), so the pew-pew noises when I start playing with them is sure to get me some strange looks  ::D:

Or... You'll find an opponent to game against... 

• Like 6

Couple orders came today

Pathfinder Deep  Cuts

Bone Devil

Pacesetter

"Oinoloth"

Oinoloth is a large figure  & the 5e one is medium. I'll work around it.  Staff shaft was broke but an easy fix.  Packaging could be allot better. Looking at the size of the box, I can see why it broke. Too much dead space for the mini to travel in transit & minimal padding.  A small box & bubble wrap would have been better & possibly cheaper!

Also stopped into the FLGS to pick up my book. I had DM credit for it + Nolzur's 25mm bases.

15647970533461737185156296937688.jpg

• Like 11

I got a big box of goodies today.

20190803_191029.thumb.jpg.68e7d8903274b47483bc1a49e8083f29.jpg

It's missing one book out of the order - Fire as She Bears, the FGG ship building and combat rules for Pathfinder. I don't know if it's because it was out of stock(and so they can't send it ever) or if it just got missed. Since I paid the price of the PDF for both the book and the PDF thanks to their PF clearance, if it's the former case then I'm not upset. And they sent me the Swords & Wizardry version of Lost City of Barakus. But since I'm planning on using these as conversion fodder I don't know if I'm better off with S&W or the PF version I was supposed to get...

Tome of Horrors Complete and Northlands Saga Complete are both very big at 800 pages. Sword of Air is 500 pages, Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms is 440 pages, and Barakus is a meagre 140 pages. I've got a lot of stuff to read!

• Like 9

On 7/31/2019 at 8:59 PM, Unruly said:

Ah. So basically it's just a pre-thinned paint. Wonder why they're getting so many people raving about them, then?

• GW is very good at PR. They sent free pots to many, many YouTube painter types, most of whom seem to have done long-form reviews.
  • People who hang around here have mostly at least heard of lots of tools and techniques. We are not representative of the general miniatures buying population.
  • People who have drunk the Koolaid of the "GW Hobby" often have very little exposure to anything but GW products used in the approved GW way. And this is a new thing for GW.

I'm not paying their price for what is, as mentioned, basically a pre-mixed glaze. But for those who find the price reasonable, I hope that they get what they were hoping for.

• Like 6

Picked up a couple of things today.

53CA5302-78F4-49B4-A299-44C5D589BDAE.thumb.jpeg.cc051212c8d2883670ae20482ed9f8f7.jpeg

Picked up the spray paint bottle holder at Micheals for about $4 Cdn. Hopefully it’ll give me a bit more control when priming or applying Dullcoat to my minis.

I didn’t back the Hate kickstarter but my cousin whom I’m visiting did and I’ve been looking through his minis.

Most weren’t done in a style I care for but this expansion box,  especially the mini labelled the Twins , really stood out to me as I examined it. 

My cousin mentioned a local store here in Calgary where I could likely get it at or near the kickstart price of $25 US,  which works out to about 33 CDN. I paint $35 Cdn for it so I’m pretty happy.

• Like 11