OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

I got a MiniatureMarket shipment today with my Descent into Avernus pre-order stuff and a bunch of Army Painter paints that were $1.25-1.50 on clearance.  Also got this instructional video on sale, because I suck at painting minis and I’m hoping this will help me suck less.

BD67B8B0-36F3-4124-99C4-8D8F4852A4A0.thumb.jpeg.cbbf3d1db8431b915736dad413b1f03b.jpeg

7E0634BB-2523-4CFC-A64D-78A011FEB676.thumb.jpeg.3bf38a71e8028d9bbddfdb4804d519c9.jpeg

I have a bajillion paints already, but these are different ones, so I needed to get these too, right?  I mean it was only like $30 for 23 bottles ...

• Like 17

Reaper order liberated from the clutches of the UPS store.

I acquired several minis I missed out on from Bones 4.

1 Crimson Herald 44020, because the King in Yellow

1 set of Giant Frogs 44024 (giant toads!)

1 Torlan 44028, because crocodile dude

1 Spirit Beast 44030, which I really could have used last adventure...

1 giant catfish Gulper 44038, which I hope to have ready for the upcoming adventure

1 Phase Cat 44042, because why not

1 Dark Watcher 44044, because partner said so

1 bottle of Adamantine 89556, because I want to try it out

and one free Daschelle, Female Rogue

• Like 12

The latest crack in the no-more-minis stand arrived from Reaper yesterday:

03971 Reaper Con Iconic: River Widows Gunner...she is a towering figure looming over all the others...size-wise.

03973 Reaper Con Iconic: Bonehedge Priestess...another Witch for Goblin control.

03975 Reaper Con Iconic: Blood Wolves Swashbuckler...the Smugglers are getting more attractive.

03976 Reaper Con Iconic: Cthon Alchemist...he is creepy enough to work with the new G.W. Goblin Thingies.

44047 Deep Gnome Heroes...to round out the Tinkers Guild reinforcements.

DSCN8591.thumb.JPG.510fb6987f87bc836ca3bd6a1a40c3fe.JPG

...until the next slip.

• Like 13

Been a while since I've posted one of these. Let's see if I can remember everything I've bought lately. A couple of these may have been mentioned here before, or maybe I just mentioned them in the Randomness thread.

All things for Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game -

1x B-Wing(1.0)

1x E-Wing(1.0)

1x Hound's Tooth(1.0)

1x Millennium Falcon(1.0)

1x TIE Phantom(1.0)

1x TIE Fighter(2.0)

1x ARC-120(1.0)

1x Rebel Aces pack(1.0)

1x Z-95 Headhunter(1.0)

2x Quadjumper(1.0)

1x HWK-290(1.0)

1x Rebels Conversion Kit(2.0)

1x Empire Conversion Kit(2.0)

1x Core Set(2.0)

3x Green Bases Pack

3x Orange Bases Pack

For carrying said X-Wing stuff -

1x Feldherr Mini Plus bag with 3x 40mm deep 275mmx172mm pick and pluck trays

1x Plano 23730 storage case

I have to say, the Feldherr bag is GREAT! At $40 it's affordable, and I've been able to stick 29 small-base ships of various sizes and shapes into it while still having one of the 3 trays empty. Which means I can use that single tray to fit my Millennium Falcon and my Slave I(two of my large-base ships) while still having room left over for more small or medium base ships. It's really a great bag. With that many ships in a bag, I can have a bunch of different lists with me at once and not have a huge storage footprint. And it's much safer than my old method of just throwing everything in the Core Set boxes I have.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7

Got two rook chess pieces!

37BBB339-C8D1-4C2F-81BF-9409980F0B54.thumb.jpeg.85a8c3b3645f192733a00a65201fd8fe.jpeg

Came out from the new 3D printer, a Elegoo Mars, and is the test print that comes with the machine. Very happy with the prints, but a little unhappy with the microfiber towels I bought to clean the interior with. Seems to not be as micro as I was led to believe and now have small scratches on the film. I don’t think this will really affect things much... or it could have been the wipers I bought too. Didn’t think of that. Hmm. Going to need to be careful.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 9

Decided to take pictures of my Feldherr bag and its contents just to show what I'm talking about when I say how pleased I am about it. I even put the Falcon and Slave I in their place. There's still room for 3 or 4 small-base ships left in the foam, depending on what ships they are. I couldn't fit more than one or two Y or B wings, for instance, but I could fit more Z-95s, X-Wings(especially the 2.0 ones with folding wings), A-wings, or E-Wings. Maybe 1 TIE fighter, because their footprint is an H.

20190922_221409.jpg

20190922_221339.jpg

20190922_221142.jpg

20190922_221123.jpg

20190922_221107.jpg

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Haven't bought much lately, but have an accepted offer in on this:

We still have close to two weeks until all conditions need to be met on our place for that sale to be finalized, then we can finalize the conditions on this.  And then figure out how to move our tons of stuff and 5 cats to here on November 8th.

Sounds good, congrats~!

• Like 5

So I found out that Barnes & Noble has all of their X-Wing 1st edition stuff on clearance for 50% off. Which meant that I hit the store today. I walked away with -

1x Punishing One

1x Imperial Veterans(1x TIE Bomber, 1x TIE Defender)

2x TIE Punisher

1x Starviper

I'm also mad that I didn't know about this yesterday, or else I would have not bought the Rebel Aces at my FLGS while I was there, because I paid full price for it there and there were 3 of them at the B&N. I would have still bought stuff at the FLGS(I bought my ARC-120 there yesterday, too) but I would have paid less and got more.

I wanted to get more, but I didn't want to spend all that money just yet. So I'll wait a couple more weeks, hope they drop to 75% off, and pick up the rest then.

I also acquired a bread machine and a 25+ year old MRE(Menu No. 3 - Beef Patty with Bean Component and Accessory Packet B) from my mom.

She found the MRE while looking for her bread machine, so she gave it to me. I'm debating if I should eat it or not. It's still completely sealed, but I know it's 25+ years old because my dad got out of the Army in '93 and this has to be from his time in the service. It's also in the dark brown bag that was phased out in the mid 90's and replaced with tan. The fact that it says it's not for pre-flight or flight use makes me think it's also one of the ones with a chemical heater in it, and if so it's earliest manufacture date would be 1990.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 10

Iirc the beef patty is dehydrated. Has a texture similar to crunchy styrofoam. If you re-hydrate it it's not bad but it takes a long time. The pre-flight or flight thing is because it will expand in your stomach.

• Like 5

Since I haven't been painting lately, and I have a huge pile of unpainted lead and plastic. I decided to add to it, and picked up a copy of the Carnevale starter.  I did also pick up some more of the contrast paints and primer - I'm still on the fence about those.  They aren't as nice as the Reaper triads, but they are soooo much faster, which is an issue when it comes to painting large armies.  I think I will paint in the more traditional manner for characters and elite units, but cheat and contrast the masses.

• Like 8

Package came in from a forum member who offered me some of their old BattleTech minis, and I'm absolutely floored by what they put in the box - in a good way.  I'm definitely going to have to get another WIP thread going, not to mention get my desk cleaned and tidied up like I've been meaning to the past little while!  I'll let them say who they are if they wish to, but man am I ever insanely thankful for such an epic box!

IMG_20190923_210524.thumb.jpg.7d340f5836ff807e8040a3337530ff7c.jpg

^Included: Sirocco, Naginata, CTF-3D Cataphract, Vedette (x2), SHD-2H Shadow Hawk, Orion, Panther with flight base, HBK-4G Hunchback, ZEU-6S Zeus, VTR-9B Victor, STK-3F Stalker, Stealth, and Highlander

IMG_20190923_210618.thumb.jpg.fb5c8c18db08a15e2a53e0778a078c62.jpg

^Included: Masakari "Warhawk" Prime, Black Hawk "Nova" Prime, Ryoken "Stormcrow" Prime, Uller "Kit Fox" Prime, Puma "Adder" Prime, Schrek PPC Carrier (2), Catapult CPLT-C4

Current mood could probably be readily described as "extremely giddy", doubly so since several of these minis are precisely the blister packs I always wanted when I was younger, but couldn't really afford all that much in the way of due to having been a teenager and not really allowed to work so I wasn't able to buy all that much FASA stuff before they went bankrupt.

Additional thought: Good thing I've been stockpiling hex bases from my CAV stuff!

EDIT to add a "fun fact": Ignoring the minis dad gave me, these are now the oldest minis I own! :devil:

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 10

^^^ That is great! Just let them sit in some isoporyl alcohol for about 5 minutes before assembling, that will break up the release agent. If you don't. you will go nuts with getting the CA glue to hold.

• Like 4