OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Hide contents

A bunch of $1 paints from the factory bin, with several Heavy Gear bottles which I was very happy to see. There's a couple of colors from that line that I use quite frequently. The factory folks were nice enough to blister it all up for me. :) Also pictured is the "Factory seconds" Kaladrax I got, which is basically from the very first run while they were trying to get the mold all figured out. 

20171022_030327.thumb.jpg.dd3fc19efd832b173be8a4201f6cae05.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

So...  

How good/important are the HG paints?

Are there paints in the sets that are 'must haves'?

(I may know of a place here in Norway that has a complete set in stock)

• Like 4

So, some detail for what I picked off of the melt table...

Lots of wings. I recognize Ebonwrath's wings, and suspect some of the smaller ones came from some Sophie or other. But I'm not sure of the rest.

59f184c4858bf_20171025_1918122.thumb.jpg.eac478a18f4b19d3faf59b16a7ccfa48.jpg

Some detail on the non-wing entries..

59f184ccca1df_20171025_1918212.thumb.jpg.d4233c98195605f7f6978dc6d45cd807.jpg

Tch. That didn't photograph so well. <_<

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Got my Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter rewards today. Book, Crewmen box, boat, barge, treasure tokens, and four minis.

Who did you order through?  Northstar or Brigade?  Or Annie?  Maybe that means mine shall arrive soon!

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

So...  

How good/important are the HG paints?

Are there paints in the sets that are 'must haves'?

(I may know of a place here in Norway that has a complete set in stock)

I'm a fan of RAM Black and Drillbit Metal.  I'm sure there are others but I haven't had any caffeine yet so the ol' noggin isn't running at full capacity. 

• Like 2

My previously mentioned Reaper order has arrived.  Along with the minis, I received the three standard paints and well as my treat - a bones mini.

Now to separate out the gifts before I end up tossing them in with the rest of the collection.

• Like 4

Both my eagerly awaited packages left Salt Lake City yesterday. They're supposed to be here on Friday, which would be great for the FedEx one. Hubby should be home while I'm asleep, so he can answer the door. Otherwise I'll never get my goodies!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Who did you order through?  Northstar or Brigade?  Or Annie?  Maybe that means mine shall arrive soon!

Northstar directly. I like getting packages from exotic foreign climes.

Like Nottingham. ^_^

• Like 8

Uncanny X-Men 280-299 and 305-324.

X-Men (Vol. 2) 8, 13, 25.

Those Uncanny issues in the 280s really take me back. Bishop's arrival was one of my favorite storylines as a kid; always cherished those comics.

Also this:

0008755792_10.jpg

And this, because I'm 12 years old:

519VGFCKS4L._SY445_.jpg

• Like 4

My Game Kastle order has finally arrived.  I never had an issue with FRP, but GK experience wasn't quite as good.  My timeline:

• Place order - pending.
  • Next day - approved. Most of the items I order go to out of stock on their webstore.
  • Following day - nothing.
  • Following day - nothing.
  • Following day - Receive email saying half my order was actually out of stock and will be refunded.  All four items were "transfer items" ie out in their stores rather than the warehouse.  I'm not sure what software they are using, but if it were just one or two items I could believe that there was a lag in their online store and someone purchased some gaming material right before I did.  Four items all transfers though makes me believe that their inventory management isn't communicating well.  Either online orders aren't getting pulled off of the shelves in a timely manner or they were already sold and not updated in the system.  Either way it took several days for them to decided the items were no longer on the shelf and let me know.  I'll try transfers again with my next order, but if I have a similar experience I'll just avoid them.
  • GK employee takes three days to put items in a box and get them to USPS.
  • USPS gives me items three days later.

So missing gaming material aside, I did pick up some minis at a nice discount:

• 03641 Gunslinger
  • 14340 Samantha of the Blade
  • 10022 Ebonwrath - yes the glorious metal version in a pistol case.
  • Malifax Oiran box.  My first look at Wyrd plastic.  My first impression is that it is ok, if not quite KD plastic.  I may pick pick up some more if I see it on sale, but it doesn't compel me to make purchases at full retail.
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

59f184ccca1df_20171025_1918212.thumb.jpg.d4233c98195605f7f6978dc6d45cd807.jpg

That's 03365: Argonnite, Elf Cleric, missing his sword hand...

And if you search the Figure Finder for "Dark Heaven horse Garrity", you can see that the horse is from one of the early Reaper mounted figures by Sandra Garrity such as 02239: Mia Hartstorm - they all have the same horse.

• Like 13

This is for a friend who loves Sherlock Holmes and is currently miserable while being full time care taker for his ailing dad. I have told him that I did a nice thing for him (he doesn't know what); naturally he is paranoid that I am going to poison him at the next D&D session. 

20171026_171858.jpg

• Like 15

Just now, Cyradis said:

I have told him that I did a nice thing for him (he doesn't know what); naturally he is paranoid that I am going to poison him at the next D&D session. 

This says really odd things about the nature of your friendships.::P:

• Like 12