Jump to content
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Recommended Posts

 

 Got all my RCon stuff from Dilvish tonight... Got an appointment in the morning to take out a bank loan to pay him back for it.

Swag Bag is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Pics sometime this weekend.

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

This says really odd things about the nature of your friendships.::P:

 

This friend displays friendship via strange rivalries. I also met him while I was the Zombie Queen. He was my VP in that student group. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
43 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

This is for a friend who loves Sherlock Holmes and is currently miserable while being full time care taker for his ailing dad. I have told him that I did a nice thing for him (he doesn't know what); naturally he is paranoid that I am going to poison him at the next D&D session. 

20171026_171858.jpg

I adore this community. <3

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm opening the boxes... and hot broccoli this is going to be a LOT of work. But it will be good work. I'm going to reveal the gift-in-progress after getting a bit of teaser-paint on. Probably give pictures of just the violin, or the hat from time to time. This friend likes puzzles of this nature. It will keep him perplexed and curious. Eventually I'll tell him - or just see how long it takes for him to figure it out. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metal mostly. The chair seat and back are resin though. 

 

They are very well made. It isn't going to take absurd amounts of filing and mold lines. Most of the parts seem to fit together well. Smaller bits are going to need a little more prep work. 

 

But yeah, this is pretty amazing. Friend isn't going to know what the heck to do. And the game of teasing him with parts of the thing? Oh... sooo good. 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

This says really odd things about the nature of your friendships.::P:

 

In truth, I will poison him. But the poison is whiskey. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, got my goodie bag from Reapercon in the mail today.

 

I like this year - Got some paint, a few minis, and this "Mage Cage" carrying case that looks nifty.  Plus a ghoolie bag (bats! no rocks) and of course this month's anniversary figure.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got a box that had been delivered while I was at the con...

 

B75E1373-7D77-481D-A010-F7F87B2EC273.thumb.jpeg.013b4fa8ddcfea8961114d890f74e833.jpeg

 

and my package from my Reapercon mule arrived. 

 

ED29A7A0-ED25-4D84-9033-94B662F6BE5E.thumb.jpeg.4d28ff47519a4f06c9dd6ce326ef46c7.jpeg

 

Hoping Reapercon isn’t the third weekend in October next year. That weekend and The week of July 4th are spoken for... that leaves 50 other week’s, Reaper!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So got most of my paint sorted tonight. I now have a lot more greens and blues than I've ever had. 

 

Filled er up a pistol case with duplicates, so now I have a to go paint set. Flesh tones are over represented with 3 extended triads, and blues, and yellows/oranges are under represented.

 

Ill try it out here soon and see what I can paint using only those colors. 

 

Now I need to reorganize my paint racks, and that may require another trip to the container store. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argentee said:

and my package from my Reapercon mule arrived. 

 

Oh, was there not a Stomp of Approval ribbon in yours? I double-checked all of the bags, but maybe it fell out while I was boxing stuff up.

 

My ReaperCon loot arrived today; all of my new paints have been successfully folded into my existing collection, and my paint racks are happily bulging at the seams.

 

I want to thank @Guindyloo again for spotting that one bottle of Durasheet Alloy (from the discontinued Heavy Gear Blitz line) and rescuing it from the $1 paint bin, since that was the very last Reaper metallic paint I needed to acquire. ^_^

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

 

Oh, was there not a Stomp of Approval ribbon in yours? I double-checked all of the bags, but maybe it fell out while I was boxing stuff up.

 

My ReaperCon loot arrived today; all of my new paints have been successfully folded into my existing collection, and my paint racks are happily bulging at the seams.

 

I want to thank @Guindyloo again for spotting that one bottle of Durasheet Alloy (from the discontinued Heavy Gear Blitz line) and rescuing it from the $1 paint bin, since that was the very last Reaper metallic paint I needed to acquire. ^_^

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

 Found it! It was in the side compartment of the bag which I didn’t look in because it felt empty. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Metal mostly. The chair seat and back are resin though. 

 

They are very well made. It isn't going to take absurd amounts of filing and mold lines. Most of the parts seem to fit together well. Smaller bits are going to need a little more prep work. 

 

But yeah, this is pretty amazing. Friend isn't going to know what the heck to do. And the game of teasing him with parts of the thing? Oh... sooo good. 

Smart Max  :SMOG did a lovely, beefed up, Sherlock Holmes

 

Image result for smart max smog sherlockImage result for smart max smog sherlock

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Auberon said:
  • Malifax Oiran box.  My first look at Wyrd plastic.  My first impression is that it is ok, if not quite KD plastic.  I may pick pick up some more if I see it on sale, but it doesn't compel me to make purchases at full retail.

 

The Oirans were some of their first plastic minis, they got better ...and more complicated.

 

 

Received my first parcel of Mierce minis today.

Should've waited to see these in the flesh before I ordered more, they're so tiny or come in lots of little pieces or (in the case of one guy, who I think might actually be impossible to assemble) both :down:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...