OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

My computer appears to have read my thoughts or "something" because I now have two more Salvora Governmental Complexes on order as well as the USAriadna boxed set ordered up.  Don't have the shipping notice yet, but I'm guessing it will arrive early next week, which is nice since I wouldn't mind getting hubby's army started too, assuming he enjoys the game.  If not, we'll, I guess I'll have a third army for Infinity... :p

(yeah, I totally ordered it but it's funnier to say my computer did me a favour...) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

@Kuroneko the little dice cosy or so cute! And apparently a lot of people think so cause the delivery times are scary!

So I shouldn't mention the Figurines of Adorable Power from the same company? Have you ever seen a cuter Owlbear? ::D:

image.png.176fddac723f55ec03052fef0b5dcd9a.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Paint Revitalizer?

Please do share the results of that test!

I still have a few of Reaper's Holiday paints that were frozen, I couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

If that stuff works I want it!

I sent GSW an email and asked. 

They don't think that the Revitalizer will help, but it doesn't sound as if they have tried, either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh Lord, they have a Chinese Roller Pin!

I will place an order when I get home!

And I did.

Ordered glue and the Chinese Roller Pin.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

So my FLGS is gonna have a 36 hr straight rpg event for Extra Life Charity on the 1st & 2nd of November (Friday & Saturday). The main game is gonna be a drunk Pathfinder game that'll be live streamed on Twitch. People can donate to the charity during the event & have "circumstances" come up for the players. I've decided to run a 5e game Friday night into Saturday morning. The game I'll be running is "Locathah Rising" a adventure written for Extra Life actually. I bought my copy off DnD Beyond as that is my source for 5e stuff. Since I had Baldur's Gate:Descent into Avernus in my cart already I bought that as well. (of course had to find a coupon code! Saved $8 bucks off my total).

Looking forward to the game. It'll be funny to be in the store after midnight thou & it's possible the DM will be drinking hard cider during the game.......:ph34r: (ReaperCon all over again....:lol:).

• Like 8

I, uh. I dunno, I'm supporting the flgs. Don't know wtf I'm gonna do with all these dragons.

1DCD8E25-9965-4D0F-B6AF-4E16319064DD.thumb.jpeg.13b7f1295eb0677415cc0b4b64d35f09.jpeg

Told the shopkeep if he gets them in I'd buy one of whatever unpainted Eberron minis come out, if any are even coming out (I've only seen three kinda pricey warforged and a Lord of Blades from Gale Force 9). I'm not sure what they're doing.

Shop really needs to expand their gaming stuff. They're just about all-Magic, and I get it, but you know. Difficult to buy what they don't carry. Very limited--like literally less than 10--selection of the smaller D&D/PF unpainted minis, and then half a dozen dragons. And that's been it since I've been coming around.

Asked about Reaper, and he'd never heard of them (they are, let me emphasize again, all about the Magic). I'm wondering if I can figure out a way to place some Reaper orders through him, basically, so they can get a cut. Don't feel like I very well can start badgering him to put out a rack of Reaper minis or whatever; I'm not sure they can support it.

Though he did say something about starting to carry some GW paints and stuff (which is what actually got me asking him about Reaper), but that's not real exciting to me. Though I do love their washes lol.

Hmm. Could I, like... totally paint a dragon with washes? :bigthonks:

tl;dr I bought some dragons, and if anyone knows if I can arrange to order Reaper minis here and there through a random store I'm trying to support, hit me with the knowledge kthxbai.

• Like 11

You know you've got a good one when your bride comes home from a conference bearing gifts...

IMG_20191024_222011__01.jpg

IMG_20191024_222015.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

So Beyond doesn't have one thing in it's version of Locathah Rising adventure, the pregens.....ughhhh. (something about Beyond doesn't have the ability to replicate the sheets or something...ok, then???? Anyways, I went to DMSGuild & bought* the adventure again for the pregens (they are 9th, I don't feel like trying to replicate characters made for a aquatic adventure one-off). I also picked up a oddball adventure called "Shear" I'll run as well that night-morning, whenever!

Shear, lets just say it involved Baphomet, demon sheep & twins!!

*Oh well, money goes to Extra Life & if they can get a certain amount of cash raised, they'll make the Locathah a legal AL race & the adventure will be a official AL adventure!

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Marvin said:

tl;dr I bought some dragons, and if anyone knows if I can arrange to order Reaper minis here and there through a random store I'm trying to support, hit me with the knowledge kthxbai.

I know that both major non-Wizards distributors I used to work with for Magic also carried Reaper minis, but they had hit-or-miss selection and usually took a while to get enough new stock to support smaller stores (i.e., larger stores ordered the new stuff so smaller shops never had the chance until it was no longer new). 

Although I never used it for my shop (I ran a toy store with some games, rather than a games-and-hobby store), my FLGS gives me the impression that setting up a direct sales acct with Reaper proper is easy and doesn't demand minimum monthly orders or whatever, so that's likely a good route. I usually order through my FLGS, and they're still nice enough to throw in the monthly Bones Black mini for me if I ask, and I usually get stuff the same week it releases in the Reaper webstore (if I plan ahead and preorder).

If they're not planning to go all-in on the GW games, and really just care about paint, you might try to convince them that Reaper is both a better (paint and mini) product and a better company...I know the GW reps I worked with (close to a decade ago, now, and before the major AoS overhaul, so YMMV) were pushy, ignorant of their own policies, and uninterested in listening when I asked questions (you'll recall I said I was at a toy shop, not a games/hobby shop...yet I spent about a year and a half getting weekly phone calls from GW, twice wound up with bills for product I hadn't ordered-and specifically said I didn't want-and all this while an official GW purveyor was within a mile of my address, which is against their own self-competition policy).

10/10 I'd rather work with Reaper, on every front except organised play support (and that's only because Reaper doesn't do that).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

You know you've got a good one when your bride comes home from a conference bearing gifts...

IMG_20191024_222015.jpg

My favorite part of the Planescape Setting, the initial artwork!

• Like 8

I had a little panic about the possibility of the 'B' word actually going through next week and ended up making an *ahem* small order from Green Stuff World :ph34r:

DSCN0757.thumb.JPG.a517a3e7f6552f9eda0dd3f2f4f56a0d.JPG

2x 36"Green Stuff(with gap)

36" Brown Stuff

2x Hexagonal Bases 25mm

2x Holographic Paint

Rolling Pins- Chinese

Roman   

Flagstone

Ancestral Recall

Madness of Cthulhu

Dark Runes

Greek

Temple

They even threw in some silicon rings for the rolling pins, which was a nice touch.

So that's the hobby budget gone for a couple of months ::o: Rather predictably, this morning 'B' word got delayed.........again :zombie:

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

That's a three hour drive from here, with a related writing workshop on November 2.  I wonder if I can talk my wife into going.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Clarification.
  • Like 7