OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Despite the best attempts of a CanadaPost driver that didn't want to do their job....

IMG_20191028_183814.thumb.jpg.91ede8de4455010d660f94567cb549dd.jpg

^Hubby's USARF boxed set and two packs of the Salvora Governmental Complex are now in my posession!  Once they're built up, I'm going to have to see how well they'll cover a 4x4' area with the other terrain we have...  Even if I'm tempted to order in another one or two copies of the Navajo Outpost that's included in the USARF army pack because boy do I really REALLY like those crates...  This also means that I'm going to have nine minis I'm painting for someone else, since they're too small of a scale for hubby's tastes, but eh.  I don't mind. ^_^

• Like 13

OK enablers - I bought my first actual bust.  I can see why they’re called busts.

I got some 35mm and 75mm figures from Scale75 earlier, but this is the first actual bust.  Picked it up on the cheap on eBay for $20.  I will paint one of these Scale75 models before the next ReaperCon - mark my words!

80292E09-34B5-4E7F-9CD6-E8B426FC2EA9.thumb.jpeg.6180532ae2ab57eaa3258f26b06f9347.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

Picked this up before the game last night:

73716_YaunTi-Pureblood-Adv.png

Nolzur's Yuan-ti Purebloods

The one with the lyre will be the bard pregen for this Friday Extra Life game.

• Like 9

Bombshell's deals were too good to pass up. Ended up with: 

10041 Khai the Huntress

10040 - Greta, Forest Spirit

10033 - Autumn the Scarecrone

10021 - Luta

10015 - Wu Ling Shu

10052 - Glacia the Winter Witch

10000 - Maelee Exclusive

10018 - Tribal Maelee

Plus the fantasy cat girl and Halloween special figure. 

• Like 12

Nothing I've purchased, but there are some very nice dinosaur and classic-through-modern horror busts on sale at Black Heart Enterprises. Sale lasts through Sunday.

The top of their Halloween sale is all their 1:1 scale busts... Don't let those prices frighten you off from scrolling down to the more reasonably sized and priced things...

• Like 4

As I get older I get closer to the boy I was. I know I have mentioned this phenomenon more than once, but this time I am using it as my excuse for YET ANOTHER purchase of miniatures to add to the Vault. AND it is only the first of two.

Today a nice big box that was mostly filled with some impressive packing material arrived from Miniature Market. Other than the packing material it contained:

WOK01007 Wrath of Kings: House Nasier- Character Box #2 (I fell in love with a painted version of The Blind Hakar, which I saw on C.M.o.N.; I accidentally ordered two)

WOK01012 Wrath of Kings: House Nasier- Izari Warhounds 

WOK01014 Wrath of Kings: House Nasier- Shadow Veils

DSCN8698.thumb.JPG.02038936918fcdb7bc077461ddb251f7.JPG

Part Two (ordered today) is more of the Nasier Folk. This batch was a byproduct of the elation I felt about starting painting again for the first time since my Emergency Room Adventure. Rack it up to high spirits & hope along with a substantial dose of stupidity.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Today a nice big box that was mostly filled with some impressive packing material arrived from Miniature Market. Other than the packing material it contained:

Funny you mention MM. My last order with them only had 3 or 4 Lumocolor wet erase markers (they were the broad tipped size) & everything from the size of the box to the wrapping inside was impressive. Now if only the shipping was faster, they'd be a go to online retailer for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, haldir said:

Funny you mention MM. My last order with them only had 3 or 4 Lumocolor wet erase markers (they were the broad tipped size) & everything from the size of the box to the wrapping inside was impressive. Now if only the shipping was faster, they'd be a go to online retailer for me.

UPS does observe the Sabbath, everyone's Sabbath, & does not move packages along on the weekends.

Hobby Lobby uses Fedex now. They wander aimlessly around Texas with the urgency of a glacier.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, malefactus said:

UPS does observe the Sabbath, everyone's Sabbath, & does not move packages along on the weekends.

Hobby Lobby uses Fedex now. They wander aimlessly around Texas with the urgency of a glacier.

I'm not a big fan of the SmartPost system. Fed Ex till you get here then hand it off to USPS. Just seems to take forever when I can order similarly priced items & get them faster from anther retailer. MM does have some nice clearance sales but lately it seems those are just the same unwanted items no one wants.

• Like 7

Miniature related...  Wound up getting another Molotow 2mm marker, this time 203 Cool Grey Pastel.  Would have also gotten 237 Light Grey Blue, but they only had it in dual tip, which is $4 CAD more, and all my current stuff is 2mm pensIMG_20191029_172131.thumb.jpg.8d9b36344a8b4edd2fcccbfb591b9578.jpg...

EDIT: Would have acquired it back on Saturday with all the others, but at that time I'd totally forgotten that, y'know, Salvora Governmental Complex is grey-blue, not oranges and greens... ^_^;;;

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

Heads up, Creepy Tables is running a deal on their Svitiaz, La Charra, and Cursed busts

I'm not sure if I'll make my will save on this one. If the Dryad was on sale too I'd have already failed

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My FLCBS has has all of their minis on sale for 50% off, and I've been making bank. In addition to all the other stuff I got in my last post, I've picked up a ton of really useful miniatures for some upcoming games:

For my rapidly growing collection of Egyptian kit:

14247: Ammat, Neskofar Captain

14244: Giant Scorpion - this only weighs 1.9 oz despite being a solidly huge-sized figure! It's astonishingly good, I'll be getting around 10 at Reapercon.

02767: Urn of Ashes

02792: Gameela Female Sphynx

02904: Witch Coven for the three hags in 5e Curse of Strahd.

Two packs of 02631: Cockatrice and both 02567 and 02841: Basalisk. Someone did a really great mod job on a couple of bones adventurers to do them up as stone statues, I think I'm gonna do up a bunch of those to pair with these guys...

And a whole bunch of the older-style 3-packs of Warlord monsters. Two of the Reptus Warrior packs, with the swords, two packs of Clutchling Archers, and a pack of Clutchlings with spears. Gonna be Draconians to fight!

• Like 8

Sweet, my orders for Friday Extra Life games are starting to trickle in!

Nolzur's:

Yuan ti Malisons (these are for a future Ravenloft AL game)

Ballista

GF9 Collectors Series 

Gar Shatterkeel & priest (really glad this one came early, as Gar is the main villain. )

15724901462114381131689580211034.jpg

• Like 9