OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

20 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ok, thanks for the info. The number is a future Dark Heaven number so hopefully they'll get a full retail release. I knew they were in the FF,  I just want em in metal.

they're very nice, i primed mine tonight

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

oooh, there's another expansion? Cool, I'm off to buy it

2 right now and a 3rd coming soon. Just killed a lot of time on the game today. My computer is barely good enough to run it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Zink said:

2 right now and a 3rd coming soon. Just killed a lot of time on the game today. My computer is barely good enough to run it.

Heard that on a podcast the other day.   I've been assuming my old clunker is too slow to run it but I may give a try after the move....

Had a little retail therapy on Friday and snagged an new set of orange dice for my Tabaxi Rogue....her current 4 sets of orange dice have been under performing....

20191102_201445.thumb.jpg.3daee8c46c1473f406b530917e2695d4.jpg

• Like 12

This magazine special about Dinosaurs and such...meant for children, but I found the pics useful for painting references.

20191103_141928.jpg

20191103_141955.jpg

• Like 13

The latest instance of The Devil Made Me Do It! Thingy arrived yesterday from Miniature Market:

WOK01001 Wrath of Kings: House of Nasier-Starter Box

WOK01009 Wrath of Kings: House of Nasier-Pelegarth Brutes

DSCN8720.thumb.JPG.ba70d64213986f1931fa86b70dd584a7.JPGDSCN8722.thumb.JPG.4b29cda58b98e69877b43655d0f8413c.JPG

I had just wanted the Nasty Blind Babe & her Attack Person, but then I didn't want her to be lonely.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 10

On 11/1/2019 at 10:00 AM, malefactus said:

The other day as I was checking out my FaceBook, I saw the following:

73300131_10217177435680380_3271378891742

I, of course, panicked& ordered a dozen cans of Dullcote to tide me over.

It was apparently a false report...looks official though. 

21 hours ago, haldir said:

The Model Master side of Testor's is currently being mostly phased out at least what I've read on a few model forums I lurk on. As much as I don't like "C"Rust-oleum products I do like Testor's DullCoat & the metallics of their MM brand.

Sorry guys, but I’m a bit confused and panicked myself right now after reading both your posts... Is Dullcoat being discontinued or not?

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Sorry guys, but I’m a bit confused and panicked myself right now after reading both your posts... Is Dullcoat being discontinued or not?

I am still confused myself. The fellow who posted the Bulletin from Rustoleum later said he didn't double check it, but he didn't say it was wrong either.

Later on they posted this one:

73184349_10220752931762612_9176925852493

...which denies the former post. 

Stocking up on their products doesn't seem all that bad an idea...within reason that is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Some of the Testor's stuff is being discontinued but I don't think Dullcoat is (or hopefully it isn't). These days you never know what is real & what is not. I'll see if I can find that post on anther forum regarding Testor's. Hopefully that'll clear the air in regards to this.

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Half priced Halloween candy ::P: :falls into a sugar coma:

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I totally forgot to do the usual "day after" candy gathering... Oh well, I'll live ^_^

Since we had 1 tnter that night I've just been eating the bag we were gonna give out! Win!

Reaper order from my favorite Reaper dealer on ebay came yesterday. Kinda dissapointed in the shipping on this one as it would have arrived a day late for my Friday games. Since, I didn't run them, I guess it's ok this time. :poke:

Warlord Games
Black Powder 25mm Round MDF Bases 30 Pieces

Reaper Miniatures
Darkspawn Cultist & Minion 03438

River Troll #14008
Beastman Woodcutter #14361

Dark Elf Female Warrior #44070
Dark Elf Elite #44074
Dark Elf Wizard 44073
Dark Elf Priestess #44071

Chessex
Speckled 16mm D6 Dice Block (12 Dice) - Water

EDIT:
Ok here is the thread in regards to Model Master. I use to be a full member of this board but that was many many years ago. I got tired of the back & forth bickering over which generation of racing was better......<_<

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Took out the Box O' Bones 4 the other day and the little one decided she wanted to paint minis too (::o::winkthumbs::blush:). She wanted to pick one out so we took a trip to the FLGS that she didn't know existed, as they have a nice selection of Bones.

I got myself a metal Rictus the Undying and a Bones Sir Forscale, and got her a couple brushes and Hajad the pirate so she could try out the LTPK without having to buy a new one (sorry, Reaper). Not one for subtlety, she picked out Yephima.

I hope she has fun.:wub:

• Like 11

Got a new TaoTronics lamp today.  This one is a bit brighter than my other one, and the head pivots which is very handy.  It’s also made of metal so it’s very heavy and feels solid.  Moving my old TaoTronics lamp to where I have the airbrush set up.

FF54B64C-B4AA-47B8-A8CF-2C5636E2CB11.thumb.jpeg.e769d15fedfaed3f628d92452da8d01e.jpeg

I also ordered a bunch of Reaper paints from MiniatureMarket to complete some triads I was missing colors for.

That got my held orders over the free shipping threshold, so I’ll be getting the DC Universe Justice League Dark minis they’ve been holding for me with them.  I love those characters from the “occult” ghetto of the DC universe - Constantine, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Dead Man ...

• Like 10

I’m back!  After picking up a package at the post office this morning, I now have my new Broken Toad brushes!

These happened because of this very thread, when I was expertly enabled a couple of months ago by a forumite whose handlenI can’t recall at the moment.

They came in a set of 4, and I picked up a couple of Raphael brushes and an old stock Mk 2 Broken Toad spearhead while I was there.

E38D7348-4385-4B18-9915-5996E02657DB.thumb.jpeg.2abce52e521ff500d3ad67919184fd0f.jpeg

9A67973A-1C63-4AB7-A6AB-8094961AC1F4.thumb.jpeg.58390da19852b99fe72760dd544c18c1.jpeg

0E47F75F-BC70-43C0-B211-A2D9DC41A7FD.thumb.jpeg.a0978cc6e941d4f6debe9a015edcc5b0.jpeg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, rubegon said:

That got my held orders over the free shipping threshold, so I’ll be getting the DC Universe Justice League Dark minis they’ve been holding for me with them.  I love those characters from the “occult” ghetto of the DC universe - Constantine, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Dead Man ...

Do they have Blue Devil and the rest of Shadowpact?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Do they have Blue Devil and the rest of Shadowpact?

I didn’t see those.  I don’t think Noble Knight has made those.

MM has had a bunch of NK DC minis on sale, but most were more obscure characters.  I’d been watching the JLD set, but it was still too expensive for me until they dropped a 25% off coupon last week.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1