OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

8 hours ago, knarthex said:

I found stuff that I had thought had been pitched in the last move 15 years ago!

Harpoon and its expansion books

My hardcover Traveller Book

all 5 Alien Modules!

A complete pristine box set of Mega Traveller

Nice! Congratulations!

I sold off my Harpoon stuff a long time ago, but remain a Traveller fan.

Of those, I’d probably use The Traveller Book (I have a new Print on demand copy from DriveThru RPG so it doesn’t matter if something spills on it...), but I’ve spent a lot of time with MegaT as well.  If it’s pristine, though, hopefully you have the errata pages if you go to use it.

There are 8 Alien books, by the way...6-8 are Solomani, Hivers, and Darrians respectively.

• Like 4

On 11/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, knarthex said:

2 Things...

Did anyone at Reapercon 2019 happen to pick up an extra bottle of Drow nipple pink????

Or have one that they wont use?

PM me please!

Is there a department of RE acquisitions????

While cleaning a closet, after cleaning 1/2 the garage and part of the shed, in the bottom corner, covered with other stuff was a box marked 'Puzzles'...

So I looked inside, and there were indeed 2 puzzles in it.

As I dug further into the box, I had either a heart attack, or a Gamergasm!

I found stuff that I had thought had been pitched in the last move 15 years ago!

Inside are my copies of:

Air Superiority 

(Modern Air Combat, at least to the date published)

Harpoon and its expansion books

(Modern Navel Combat, at least to the date published)

My hardcover Traveller Book

all 5 Alien Modules!

My FASA Deck plans for 4 ships

and a large assortment of stuff  photocopied for Traveller from magazines.

A complete pristine box set of Mega Traveller

All from Games Designers Workshop (I miss Them still)

2 copies of Call of Cthulu

Thieves World box set

Both from Chaosium

My original Champions rpg box set,

and a hardcover edition (Super hero)

My original Behind Enemy Lines and expansions WWII rpg)

(adventure is Guns of Navarone!)

From FASA

Purchased at Origins 1981 at their booth as a pre release

A FASA Star Trek RPG

all my Battle Tech record sheet books and folios

(Many folks forget that FASA [Fredonian AeroSpace Administration] originally started by making expansions for Traveller,  just as White Dwarf Magazine and Citadel Miniatures made stuff for AD&D. Remember Fiend Folio? That was originally a column in the mag....)

An Ogre Book from SJG

and my copy of Thieves Guild, a game very very similar to AD&D 1st ed, that I used for gear and other things

and a bunch of miscellaneous games from Dragon and other assorted mags....

I'm still shaking with adrenaline...

G

Awesome find! 

Thinking of ordering a new computer today. I cant decide on a dedicated graphic card or a decent onboard.  I dont really play games anymore but do like a decent machine for using Cura & other 3d related stuff.

• Like 4

Well now, Monday the 25rd of Nov became my Black Friday. I took advantage of a couple of Dell computer offers & I now have a new computer coming my way. The desktop I currently own is getting up there & lately it's really starting to show it's age & such. I guess now I need to start the transfer of files & such. (mostly rpg related stuff). Anyways, what I ordered was the following desktop:

xps-tower-se-rtx.png?fmt=jpg&wid=570&hei

Processor

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 9400 (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64bit English

Video Card

AMD Radeon™ RX 570 with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory I upgraded this to a  NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 1660 6GB GDDR5

Hard Drive

256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD (Storage)

Memory

16GB DDR4 at 2666MHz; up to 64GB (Additional memory sold separately)

Wireless

802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1

Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial

Security Software

McAfee LiveSafe 12 Month Subscription

About the only thing I don't like is the McAfee but it's free so I guess I'll use it (till I get tired of it).

I also upgraded the mouse:

AA797396_v1.jpg

Logitech MX Master 3

It was only a penny, yes a penny off retail price but buying it from Dell, I got Dell Rewards back from it + a $40 dollar Dell promo egift card. I'll use that + whatever I get from the actual computer (Dell rewards) & order the Logitech MX Keys keyboard. I got to play with both of these devices up at Staples last week & I really enjoyed the feel of both. A little excessive for what I'll use em for, but it's a been awhile since I had new input devices (older then the current, soon to be replace computer).

Overall I saved around 350 to 400 dollars off the retail price of that machine at normal Dell prices. I can handle that! PC will be here from the 27th to the 30th. Mouse is here on the 30th.

• Like 11

Noble Knight got some of my monies today, they had a copy of Scibor Miniature's "Love is Pain" with the bearded dwarven cherub on a giant heart shaped rock.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Well now, Monday the 25rd of Nov became my Black Friday. I took advantage of a couple of Dell computer offers & I now have a new computer coming my way. The desktop I currently own is getting up there & lately it's really starting to show it's age & such. I guess now I need to start the transfer of files & such. (mostly rpg related stuff). Anyways, what I ordered was the following desktop:

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Overall I saved around 350 to 400 dollars off the retail price of that machine at normal Dell prices. I can handle that! PC will be here from the 27th to the 30th. Mouse is here on the 30th.

Nice!  I'm looking for a new PC as well, and hadn't thought to check out Dell for some reason.  Some good deals!

• Like 4

I mentioned it a few times but never showed it, but I got myself a high end sound system last summer to replace my aging but still very functional one.

I wanted to upgrade for years, but always put it off as I waited for the old one to expire. Which it never did after 20+ years. So I decided to go for it anyway and give my old system to my mother. I shopped the hell out of it, comparing models for months, waiting for the right moment for everything to come on sale, and I even went with several demo and refurbished ones

I present you the before and after systems (alas Sir Forscale was not available, so a Rubik puzzle cube was left in for size reference)

T5Na1lp.jpg

Technics 5.1 Prologic-II receiver and KLH speakers I bought as a kit at Futureshop in the late 90s.

KXzVVct.jpg

Yamaha Aventage RX-A2070BL receiver (refurbished eBay) It's so big it won't even fit in my cabinet (you can see my old receiver in it)

KEF Q650C center channel

KEF LS50 main speakers (the copper ones)

KEF Q100 surround speaker (demo models)

SVS PB-1000 subwoofer. It's a beast and the smallest of that brand. I've learned from research that audiophiles recommend subwoofers made by companies specialized in subwoofers.

I haven't pushed the volume anywhere near it's potential maximum, but furniture was resonating in the apartment.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Almost forgot, I grabbed a box of these last night:

swl50_main.png

No reason other than I always liked them.  I still haven't painted (or even assembled) anything I've picked up from Legion so far.  But my paint setup is almost ready, so some Star Wars stuff might get into the queue fairly near the front.

• Like 8

Was a box waiting when I got home.

BA_2019_11_26.jpg.2d2929738b16565b8707e4880a597e7c.jpg

Sample pack of Badger's new 2 part priming system designed for 3D prints.  The bottle on the right is "Translucent Surface Smoother (Striation Filler)".  It goes down first, 1-3 coats.

Then you prime with the other bottles. I got black, grey and white.  Apparently it is not the same as their standard Stynylrez primer.

Hopefully unpacking the airbrushes tonight, so should get to try this out in the next few days....as long as I can find my compressor out in the garage.

• Like 12

Just got notification that a package was posted in Canada. 

At first I couldn't figure out what it was, then I got another email, also from Canada post, and this one had a name...  

'Blind Ferret'...   

I believe this just might be the 'Least I Could Do' comic books. Just one year late...    

• Like 7

I received my Reaper Live prize, including the fabled Rose Gold paint ::D: Also included was the Halloween Knight, some nice paints and the Halloween Mouslings.

DSCN3163.thumb.JPG.d47ff674119c8790010e0730a8e1e227.JPG

This came in from the Big River, at total bargain at only £12 :winkthumbs:

DSCN3164.thumb.JPG.8bd6664065cb1cac279c370f343de07b.JPG

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@haldir great PC!

Kill the free Mcaffee and buy Bitdefender.

IMHO even free it's more trouble than useful.

Oh I totally agree. I'm currently using Avast on my machine now, so I'll probably go with that one again.

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Was a box waiting when I got home.

BA_2019_11_26.jpg.2d2929738b16565b8707e4880a597e7c.jpg

Sample pack of Badger's new 2 part priming system designed for 3D prints.  The bottle on the right is "Translucent Surface Smoother (Striation Filler)".  It goes down first, 1-3 coats.

Then you prime with the other bottles. I got black, grey and white.  Apparently it is not the same as their standard Stynylrez primer.

Hopefully unpacking the airbrushes tonight, so should get to try this out in the next few days....as long as I can find my compressor out in the garage.

If you do, definitely post the results! I'm hoping Ken is at LVO again next January. I'll probably pick some up then if he is.

10 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So, thanks to the enablement of @haldir I have a new PC ordered from Dell as well.

Currently looking like 2 weeks of impatiently waiting for that delivery......

Happy to help yah out. Great price nonetheless.

So I guess this is an acquisition: I was with my mom last Friday & we were at Staples. As that is the only place in town that has hands on computer stuff. I told her I was looking at  getting a new computer or laptop. She stopped buy earlier today & gave me my Christmas gift....CASH! She said go buy your computer. Since I need a new laptop, I'll go after that & there is a couple of Chromebooks I'm looking at on Black Friday too!

• Like 9