OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

7 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Creepy Tables has a deal on a bundle of 6 of their busts/figures, and a sitewide 5 euros off + free shipping for newsletter subscribers. My willpower is slipping

I have painted their La Charra Bust.

Awesome detail and they send me a new sombrero for her when I discovered a bad moldline.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Don't look now, but Dark Sword just released a whole bunch of anthros. And some of them have been painted by Anne...   

(I'll be ordering 'a few' of these later today. No, I have to finish getting dressed, then hike 1.5Km through snow to the bus stop to get to work)

*looks anyways* oooh, a decent amount of kitsune, to say the least... 

3 hours ago, rubegon said:

Scale 75 just dropped a 15% site-wide discount!  I just bought a bunch of things I’ve been eyeing.  I ordered from the Spain website - even with international shipping to the US, it’s still about 20% cheaper!  Why do they even have a US site?

I've wondered such myself, because it's either out of stock, or after shipping costs noticeably more through the US site.  About the only thing I've been able to figure out is that it's probably faster for Americans to get it through the US site. 

• Like 4

On 11/27/2019 at 4:26 PM, Sanael said:

Really good day at the FLGS. Someone dropped off a collection of what appeared to be every single Shadowrun book published prior to fourth edition. And in that collection, several of the old Grenadier/ Ral Partha SR minis.

I trust you're aware that Iron Wind Metals still has the Ral Partha Shadowrun figures available, if you need to expand.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

I trust you're aware that Iron Wind Metals still has the Ral Partha Shadowrun figures available, if you need to expand.

Yep, if I need more I know where to go. But these were cheap and had the rad box art!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Made my first (of hopefully not too many) Black Friday purchase, Clockwork Policemen!

I already have the big robot in metal but casting wasn't great, so I'm replacing it with a nice resin version.

Hmmm, those would make for some good reps for some clockwork guards in a future adventure I wanna run.

• Like 7

Otherworld Miniatures is having some great sales; I guess they're doing 50% off some of their less-popular stuff that's molded with more-popular figures? But if you like monsters for tabletop, it's 100% worth a look. 

- Giant Owl

- 2x Hyenadons

- 3x Fire Beetles

- 2x Giant Centipedes

- 3x Shriekers and Violet Fungus

- 2x Giant Leeches

- 2x Giant Weasels

- 5x Brain Moles

Was exactly 100P for me. And that's gonna be a lot of fantastic cavern encounters!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I find trying to buy anything I want on Black Friday to be frustrating. But today I did make a big purchase. Don't think the pricing was special for today but it was a good enough deal so after a bit of wiffle waffling about whether or not I "needed" it right now I ordered a new laptop.

Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop

15.6 Inch FHD (1920 X 1080) IPS Display

Intel Core i5-9300H Processor

8GB DDR4 RAM

512GB Nvme SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

A bit better computer than I orginally wanted for about the same price I was thinking off the US Amazon. Easy enough to upgrade the ram and put in more memory later if I want. Was thinking Dell but their Canadian site didn't have the really good deals like the american one.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

May have acquired a few SW Legion items at lunch from the lfgs. 20% off all minis and minis supplies today.

I recall mini mark has a few SW listed as well if you wanna check online.

I spaced off a amazon order I did earlier this week:

I needed a new protective screen for my S10 so I got a pack of 3 coming for that.

A backup or maybe even replacement Ender 3 hotend & wires + a Capricorn tube. I WILL be working on that dang printer soon, especially now with the new PC coming as well.

811fgQ+X7UL._SX425_.jpg

Also order some of those cheap packs of rpg dice. I was gonna give these out as Christmas gifts for my regular players at FLGS but I'll hold off & give them out at our end of the year "Golden Ticket" reward events.

51YObvrfGpL._SX425_.jpg

The Golden Ticket reward was handed out at various events through the year. Get a ticket you are invited to the year end events. Currently there is only 1 person with a GT for 5e. (well besides me, but I'm the DM soooo it a moot point to list me) We'll be ramping up qualifications for the rpg events next month & such.

Finally I picked up a new Secret Squirrel decal for the new Chromebook. About the only sticker I can't get off the existing laptop.

412HoM51WiL.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zink said:

I find trying to buy anything I want on Black Friday to be frustrating. But today I did make a big purchase. Don't think the pricing was special for today but it was a good enough deal so after a bit of wiffle waffling about whether or not I "needed" it right now I ordered a new laptop.

Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop

15.6 Inch FHD (1920 X 1080) IPS Display

Intel Core i5-9300H Processor

8GB DDR4 RAM

512GB Nvme SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

A bit better computer than I orginally wanted for about the same price I was thinking off the US Amazon. Easy enough to upgrade the ram and put in more memory later if I want. Was thinking Dell but their Canadian site didn't have the really good deals like the american one.

I totally get the laptop-computer shopping around this time of the year. Congrats on the new machine.

• Like 11

I guess I can spend cash on actual Black Friday. I got a email from Staples & it was for 25 bucks off a 100 online order. Ok tempting, but nothing I really want....oh wait Pick up in store option!

sp35434324_sc7?wid=512&hei=512

I decided to upgrade my computer chair. I've been eyeballing this one & it goes on sale all the time for 99.99 (normally 199.99 (too be honest it's not worth 200)). Ok into my cart it goes, what can I get for a penny. :lol: I ended up actually getting something I can use. I bought a 3 pack of small notepads (canary legal) for 2.99. So I spent 2.98 over the chair cost & saved 22.02 in the process. Win for me! I'll pick it up when I go to town, in a hour or so, or not! I just got a email saying it's ready to pick up. SWEET!

My wife said she is gonna fix chili for dinner so hey Double win today!! :bday:

• Like 12

A couple of minor acquisitions today from Battlefront minis

Modern stowage for my Team yankee unit

TUSO10_tn.jpg

This is the soldiers gear like backpacks etc

and the US Token set

TTK01_tn.jpg

These are for showing status of certain units etc

G

• Like 12

Went back to the FLGS to have a look at the new wave of Wizkids unpainted lines.

Interestingly, unlike most of the times where I’m the only one looking at minis when I’m there, this time there were three other separate customers, one of them a young lady, who were all shopping the wall as intense as I was myself.

As well there was a young family of five whose eldest son, maybe 7 or 8 years old, was obviously the driving force behind them being there, although when the son went on about the guillotine and how he would be chopping a bunch of heads off, the mom put an end to the shopping spree.

Anyway. It was nice to see a variety of miniature enthusiasts there.

Just too bad the shop doesn’t carry Reaper. ::(:

I ended up picking up a few things that I felt would work well in both a fantasy and an old west setting.

CF9D1A7C-0927-43C2-99EB-683C23774382.thumb.jpeg.6fba9d121e8814175d93b1e2d8781bb3.jpeg

- The tent and lean to.

- The campsite.

- The well.

- Stacks of firewood.

- Horse and hitching post.

• Like 12

I acquired a family obligation and a plane ticket to Los Angeles for Christmas. I have a grandfather who's acquired a bad case of Old and I need to see him before I lose the opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

I acquired a family obligation and a plane ticket to Los Angeles for Christmas. I have a grandfather who's acquired a bad case of Old and I need to see him before I lose the opportunity.

I hope you get to spend some quality time with him before he travels onward.

• Like 6