Sign in to follow this  
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

My christmas haul, aside from the crossbow I posted over the weekend, is in.

My big gift from my mom was 4 thickly padded folding chairs for my basement gaming area, 2 of which haven't actually arrived yet but should be here tomorrow or Friday. I also got a new outfit from her. My mom's boyfriend got me 200 rounds of semi-wadcutter ammo for my pistol so that when spring rolls around we can go spend a day at an outdoor range. And I got a fair bit of cash from other relatives.

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My haul for the Season...

received_1321716731340827.thumb.jpeg.ba9493e873659081097af2124eeeca0d.jpeg

I got a OneBlade as well. It's a nice piece of shaving equipment. Pretty much replaces my normal razor these days. I even showed it some love & got a foam travel case for it.

In a way I kinda wish I would have gotten the hardback for Eberron as the DnDBeyond version is missing a physical map (obvious reasons). GF9 makes one but the cost for 3 maps is pretty much the same as the hardback (:blink:)

• Like 10

After not asking for much in the way of hobby items last year, this year I requested a few things.

Liquitex airbrush medium

Liquitex gloss varnish

Liquitex matte varnish

W/N S7 #1

W/N S7 #1 mini - people always say don't buy these for minis, which made me curious.  It appears very similar in size to the WAMP fine freehand.

Vallejo chipping medium

ultrasonic cleaner

Switch Games:

Octopath Traveler

Dragon Quest XI

Astral Chain

And also a few assorted kitchen items.

• Like 12

Opened part of my Christmas presents last night (the rest will have to wait until we get home Friday; didn't make sense to drive them 800 miles to Arizona and then 800 miles back to Colorado):

• Villagers, from Sinister Fish, which we got a chance to play today. Pretty tight design and not too long once you start to figure out the play. Setup is a bit fiddly, though.
  • The Sleeping Dragon, Rising Sun expansion for In Her Majesty's Name.
  • Fantasy Art & RPG Maps, by Jared Blando, which looks very interesting, though I might have to fight my son for it.
On 12/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, Kangaroorex said:

I still don't order paint in the winter and I don't have to deal with any of the cold issues you do (Scandinavia in the winter time, Brrrr, not for me!)

Average High and Low temps for December (Fahrenheit):

• Clarksville, IN, Lat 38.297N: 50/30
  • Denver, CO, Lat 39.729N: 47/19
  • Oslo, NO, Lat 59.914N: 34/25
  • Bergen, NO, Lat 60.391N: 41/34
  • Trondheim, NO Lat 63.43N: 37/27

Even though we are far south of Norway, the Gulf Stream keeps the temps warmer in the winter than you might think. But it's a wet cold.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Average High and Low temps for December (Fahrenheit):

• Clarksville, IN, Lat 38.297N: 50/30
  • Denver, CO, Lat 39.729N: 47/19
  • Oslo, NO, Lat 59.914N: 34/25
  • Bergen, NO, Lat 60.391N: 41/34
  • Trondheim, NO Lat 63.43N: 37/27

Even though we are far south of Norway, the Gulf Stream keeps the temps warmer in the winter than you might think. But it's a wet cold.

We are currently colder then any of those temps right now, at least the highs, no where near the low for Denver.

The neighbor bunny (I think she pretty much our bunny these days) is outside the back door, huddled under a chair. She has a little lean-to but she doesn't want to use it. She'll be ok but I worry for her.

• Like 9

It was a beautiful day, today.  At least so far as the weather went.  I even wore shorts when we went back to my folks' place for dinner.

So, acquisitions for today:

• One beautiful day (temps in the low 50s).
  • Three plain t-shirts (for yard work and PJs).
  • Pair of sweats (for PJs).
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home.
  • Avengers: Endgame.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers socks.
  • Star Wars desk calendar.
  • Zachareth (Lieutenant pack for Descent).
  • Army Painter: Character brush.
  • Army Painter: Regiment brush.
  • Wolf puzzle (from a dear aunt-in-law who really doesn't get me, but keeps trying).
  • Plus some quality snuggles with the grandkids.  

Now back to reality...

• Like 14

My final haul for the day: 

15773382700938597493543404121642.thumb.jpg.0b127f37ff5325720864a60035840ec1.jpg

Pair of boots, set of brushes, 2 pounds of good chocolate, original art with frame, gaming shirt, socks, and gift cards. Also a tiny owl from someone who didn't quite understand my type of 'miniatures':

15773384748983949627722668812329.thumb.jpg.b6f09322c7960d31f17ab8ff7e62ff65.jpg

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

didn't make sense to drive them 800 miles to Arizona and then 800 miles back to Colorado):

Where at in AZ? I am in the NW Phoenix Metropolitan area.

Any chance you got some gaming in while in AZ?

• Like 5

Received quite a bit of mini related stuff this year. My wife loaded me up with some interesting miniatures, a few paints, and a bunch of basing stuff. She apparently went through my hobby supplies to avoid getting me any duplicate stuff.

20191224_213904.thumb.jpg.305db8012c691d31e2b9283a74770c4d.jpg

She set me an interesting challenge though. She said she wants me to incorporate all of the paints and basing materials into the Death Star Lillies. That should be fun. 

My sister surprised me with the following. She doesn't normally do gifts and is typically not interested in my hobbies, so this was a bit of a double surprise.

20191225_140751.thumb.jpg.be20918266980b7b3f769885c73f9433.jpg

My mom even tried to get into the nerdy holiday spirit with a figurine of sorts. She gets me.

20191225_193855.thumb.jpg.5148bc9d88950747c78fad16fff7642e.jpg

Later in the day we opened the house up and set the table for a number of friends who didn't have the time or resources to travel to see their own families. Any time someone asked if they could contribute to the cooking we told them just to bring us a beer or bottle of wine we can set out at future events. Was not dissapointed.

20191224_214201.thumb.jpg.fb6a09bb75a5b94f0ab03ad5327732f0.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

My only game-related gift this year was a copy of the "Who Goes There?" board game.   It looks like it'll be fun to play - and I'm a huge fan of the Thing franchise.

The Egg

Edited by Egg of Coot
  • Like 10

I got cash and gift cards to restaurants, but most importantly lots of hugs and love from the g'kids! Only 2 of the 6 nephews didn't get to come so my SiLs house was full and fun. Looks like I am gonna have to use Christmas cash to get a new phone as mine is starting to do weird stuff, but it is probably at least 6-7 years old. Lady Corsair is planning on attack shopping this week and I will relax.

• Like 10

An order from awhile back finally made its way across the Atlantic.

Black Sun Old Barbarian 35mm

Old-Barbarian-2.jpg

Black Sun Hawk Knight 54mm

Hawk-Knight-1a-e1484321970118.png

Black Sun Death Knight 75mm

Death-Knight-Avenger-1.jpg

Limbo Miniatures Princess Jade

Limbo_PrincesseJade00.jpg

PF Works Dragon Skull

PFWorks_DragonSkull01.jpg

PF Works Isbiliya (160 mm)

PFWorks_Isbiliya02.jpg