Jump to content
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Recommended Posts

The boss sent me packing a little early today.  Since I didn't feel like going home, so I ran to the game shoppe to "browse" (read: spend some of the remaining funds on a gift card before they start taking fees out of it).

 

Picked up Lords of Waterdeep (due to my rather positive experience with it last Saturday) and the Splendor play mat.  My mother mentioned in passing that such a thing might be nice.  Now we just need a jumbo-sized Lazy Susan so Dad can see the board properly.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, also in the weeks mail were a couple of Starfinder Character Packs. Nice to put a single character's stats and everything together.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to... thank... my sister :ph34r:

 

Her toddler daughter gifted me with a bacterial infection which I brought back and shared. I've already recovered because my sinuses can quarantine anything but my partner has not yet been able to get out of bed.

  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I will have to... thank... my sister :ph34r:

 

Her toddler daughter gifted me with a bacterial infection which I brought back and shared. I've already recovered because my sinuses can quarantine anything but my partner has not yet been able to get out of bed.

 

Small children are basically disease vectors. I remember being gifted every year when my kids were in primary school. They do help to ensure that the global immunity stays high.  Hope your partner feels better soon!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I will have to... thank... my sister :ph34r:

 

Her toddler daughter gifted me with a bacterial infection which I brought back and shared. I've already recovered because my sinuses can quarantine anything but my partner has not yet been able to get out of bed.

 

When we first got married my relatives would come in large numbers over the holidays. For several years in a row they brought a nasty form of stomach flu to share with everyone. Having a 1+ year old projectile vomiting while dealing with a high fever and similar symptoms out of both ends was not the way we wanted to celebrate. Hope you both get better soon.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

First order of the year is Kumiko...

 

kumiko2.jpg.9e8a667ddd57fc9711b7d7efdc5e2b7a.jpg

 

I didn't see it, I didn't see it, I need to finalize my order for BattleTech Clan Invasion and boy do I want those battlemats.  The fox will still be there in February... 

 

That's a nice looking murder fox. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

First order of the year is Kumiko...

 

kumiko2.jpg.9e8a667ddd57fc9711b7d7efdc5e2b7a.jpg

 

 

Other then the hands, that would make for one excellent looking rakshasa.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, haldir said:

 

Other then the hands, that would make for one excellent looking rakshasa.

 

The Rakshasa from Hindu mythology(tusks, bloodthirsty), Forgotten Realms(humanoid with tiger heads), Pathfinder(also seems to be portrayed as really not nice humanoids with tiger heads... often  ore than one), Final Fantasy Brave Exvius(Female bellydancer with a saber, according to the online graphics)

 

None of them looks like this Kitsune...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

The Rakshasa from Hindu mythology(tusks, bloodthirsty), Forgotten Realms(humanoid with tiger heads), Pathfinder(also seems to be portrayed as really not nice humanoids with tiger heads... often  ore than one), Final Fantasy Brave Exvius(Female bellydancer with a saber, according to the online graphics)

 

None of them looks like this Kitsune...

 

Say what you want, but I could easily turn that into a rakshasa in my games.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up two books the other day - Vol 8 of the Thieves World series (which is now complete), and Mediaeval Latin.  (One of my goals for the year is to brush off my old Latin textbooks and get cracking on that again.)

 

No gaming stuff yet though.  I'm doing well - I haven't bought anything since last year!

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, haldir said:

 

Say what you want, but I could easily turn that into a rakshasa in my games.

Any excuse to buy a mini will do!

Go ahead!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet again my precious R'lyeh-an home has been bombed by the wolves!  We will not stand for this!  We shall fight in the seas and oceans, we shall take the beaches and inlets, we shall...delicious licorice 'bomb' lands in Erifnogard's mouth, noms ensue. 

 

Perhaps we were hasty.  Hostilities suspended until further notice.  noms resume

.............

Thanks for the candy and card @Glitterwolf!

 

IMG_1917.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...