OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

9 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Picked up some super glue and 48 1 oz plastic shot glasses.  Glue isnforngluing, and glasses are for mixing airbrush paint in.  Got the idea from Aaron Lovejoy.  Though he was using salsa containers last I saw.

I use the little disposable pill cups you can get sleeves of from the drug store. Same source of inspiration ^_^

• Like 4

I use cups like that only for mixing resin.  

Paint mixing happens in plastic sample tubes. 

Got a package in the post today...   

From Reaper UK.

Wonder over wonders, not only did it get through without incurring any VAT, but now...

I Have The TOOL!

Pokey tool survived the hazards of the mail!

There was also a bottle of Rose Madder and a couple of Koalas in the box. 

• Like 8

Well, it’s not really an acquisition... but I found my TMNT board game! 

C568532E-8BF0-4D33-AF27-12C57B77E809.thumb.jpeg.fb6213630f2c0135d47a781b7d70dcb2.jpeg

Turtle power!!

(if I ever make a tortle character..... :lol:)

• Like 12

The lfgs to the big step and brought in the full display of Army Painter yesterday.  A big step for them. They'd had a small rack of AP paint and they can order in Vallejo but had never really had too much besides the box sets in stock.

So while AP isn't my favorite paint, I do use them a fair amount, so I HAD to go support their investment.

20200211_IMG_0095.jpg.aef43ed5b335cd8e6cdc2cd22731e601.jpg

The three on the left are the last three colours they added to the "old" line, the 11xx product codes.  I already have all the rest, so this makes my collecting part of my brain happy.  Finding out they had a whole new 14xx paint line now did not make my collecting part of my brain happy though.......

I picked up the only Wash that I didn't already have. And I picked up their 4 Effects colours. I'm not sure yet if I have to do anything funky with them, but they have useful sounding names at least ::D:

Now to go update my paint spreadsheet and see how many new colours I need to buy......

• Like 11

I just got 2 giant rhinoceros beetles from Dollar Tree. I can't find a picture on the company's website but after a bit of Googling I found this pic, which does look like it. It's about 4.75 inches long from horn to butt.

Untitled-O37__24909.1546566526.jpg?c=2

Edited by Brother Jim
  • Like 8

On 2/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, Rob Dean said:

They look amazing, but I’d be putting them in a Box of Good Will if I had to try assembling them...:blink:

The only thing I hate about their minis is how many parts they cut stuff up into

• Like 6

Order from the big river came today.

20200212_IMG_0104.thumb.jpg.f7a0ac760c6c13acb353203652984f85.jpg

I have "several" "small" 3D printed items that are going to need some seams puttied, so I picked up a "bit" of Apoxie Sculpt.

And I figured it was time to try some new magnifiers....eyes aren't getting any younger ....

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Order from the big river came today.

20200212_IMG_0104.thumb.jpg.f7a0ac760c6c13acb353203652984f85.jpg

I have "several" "small" 3D printed items that are going to need some seams puttied, so I picked up a "bit" of Apoxie Sculpt.

And I figured it was time to try some new magnifiers....eyes aren't getting any younger ....

I also have one of those.

Works like a charm!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I also have one of those.

Works like a charm!

Totally agree with this one!

Small prepainted order came in yesterday as we originally were gonna play Ghost of Saltmarsh (Danger at Dunwater) this Monday but my Monday players wants to hold off till a player can get back in the game again. Either way, I have minis:

giant frilled lizard (Lost Coast, Pathfinder Battles)

giant eel (Maze of Death, Pathfinder Battles)

merfolk (Monster Menagerie, D&D 5e)

Maurezhi (Volo & Mordenkainen's Foes, D&D 5e)  (this is for a upcoming AL game)

• Like 7

Wow, I just finished a project that was several years in the making. I had a WW1 Colt pistol, by the dates it certainly made it to the Front. But they would be rebuilt in arsenals many times so mine was not correct and I spent many years acquiring the correct parts. Today I received the hardest one to find a correctly marked slide that has not been modified.

Cp9WXb1.jpg

STmzjyF.jpg

• Like 17

Reaper order placed:

01647 Courage the Koala, 2020 Australian Brushfire Relief Miniature $9.99

$9.99
01648 Hope the Koala Druid, 2020 Australian Brushfire Relief Miniature $9.99

$9.99
44125 Winter Wolf $4.99

$4.99
44133 Mystic Portal $19.99

$19.99
14274 Clarissa Banshee,Razig Mage FREE

FREE
  • Like 9

I got my two 3D printed Warduke miniatures and... they're both broken.

Warduke #1's feet were broken off, likely before shipping as they were already reglued, sloppily so (SO MUCH EXCESS GLUE OVER THE FOOT PART), and then his sword snapped at some point.

Warduke #2 has it both better AND worst. Better in that only one part has broken. Worst in that that part is the tip of one of his helmet fin-horns, which is a minuscule part that'll be nigh-impossible to glue back on securely.

He threw in a free 3D printed goblin mini though, which didn't break at all, so I got that going for me I guess.

I guess "high quality ABS-like resin" isn't the sturdiest of materials? This is my first experience with 3D prints....

• Sad 9

Got in a fourth Salvora Governmental Complex scenery kit.  Totally had forgotten this one had been ordered, namely because this was ordered months ago, and the distributor never replied to my local game store's inquiry about it.  Already have half of it broken out of the cardstock, and will be assembling it this weekend I suspect.  I'm so going to have to get some sort of different terrain to add into the mix for when we build our board, or at least modify some of the holo-ads, because boy do they start looking similar after a little while!  ::P:

Also ordered coffee (mmm, coffee!), an AeroPress, and a new cable for my HD 600's.  Really hoping that cable comes in soon, since my current one is pretty much dead on the left ear now.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Wow, I just finished a project that was several years in the making. I had a WW1 Colt pistol, by the dates it certainly made it to the Front. But they would be rebuilt in arsenals many times so mine was not correct and I spent many years acquiring the correct parts. Today I received the hardest one to find a correctly marked slide that has not been modified.

Cp9WXb1.jpg

STmzjyF.jpg

Lovely....I did my pistol qualification with one of these, all original.

• Like 5