OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Pinup screaming God Armor was the one pinup I regretted not getting more than one of and now I don't want to buy the entire collection just to get additional copies.. plus it's resin instead of plastic so bonus

1x Death High - Archivist - HQ Warehouse (USA) 
2x Pinup Screaming God Armor

• Like 7

Popped out to the lfgs at lunch, and figured I should get something since it was freaking cold.

20200214_IMG_0106.jpg.48ddb7acf38edf05ad69b71d75da09f5.jpg

This is all @Sharkbelly's fault, since he just painted one.....

20200214_IMG_0107.thumb.jpg.15d7f4df63bcd81359b7c5540b9c6542.jpg

they had the last 2 volumes in, so I picked them up to complete the series. Even though I'm still reading Volume 2....

And I came home to a nice box o' filament

20200214_IMG_0110.jpg.ce8b7df7d09134e0d7e8f43a558fd536.jpg

Lots of assorted colours. I'm sure I've mentioned, I print out a new cat figure for my wife ever time I load up a new colour. And the colour doesn't really matter to me for miniatures stuff, since it will all get primed and painted (eventually).

The iFill box is their product without a spool.  The idea is to print out a 2 part spool (they provide an STL) and then save a buck a KG , and not throw out the regular spools.  I just got one until I see how much of a hassle it is.

Switched to the iPrint-3D filament from CCTree for now since I can get it for $10 less per spool ($19 something vs $29 something right now). I've tried their filament before and it printed very similarly to CCTree, so if I can continue to get 3 for the price of 2 and support a Canadian company while doing it I'll be happy.

• Like 11

Signum the Game is selling some of their Specials as a Valentines offer. 

I picked up these two:

LOS-1003_Aria_the_Avatar_of_Goddess_Malt.jpg.83c6a937dae3d684bcf25c623fbbe93f.jpg

LOS-1104_Zaira_the_Shadow_of_Grand_Master_Malt.jpg.d20786f47406ce7849a505fff7e8503d.jpg

These are Resins, and there's about 20 left of each...

There's a 'Zombie Maiden Warrior' also, but I don't really care for the 'differently living' so skipped that one.  

Offer ends on sunday.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Small order came in today.

Bones 80065 Physician

Nolzur's T-Rex

Both will be used in future AL games @ the FLGS.

15817363592855799483630761002192.jpg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Pinup screaming God Armor was the one pinup I regretted not getting more than one of and now I don't want to buy the entire collection just to get additional copies.. plus it's resin instead of plastic so bonus

1x Death High - Archivist - HQ Warehouse (USA) 
2x Pinup Screaming God Armor

It was originally one of my fav pin-ups, i didn't like the re-proportioning of the plastic version, and this one doesn't seem quite right either.  

In the KS I stayed away from the pin-ups in general.  missed this one today, i don't really regret it. 

I did acquire a lovely 4-day pass and the promise of some reaper paints and random minis.

but only after I got back from the gaming convention I went to today. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6

Found out recently that there’s a second Warhammer store locally. Much closer to me than the other.

So I went and ordered this from them.

Only took a couple days to come in.

0FD21558-45DE-4604-BAFA-FF0EC18FF119.thumb.jpeg.04cceb01b67a89cdca178ce9b5365731.jpeg

Okay... actually I bought 3.

DDF59B6C-6199-482B-AF3E-F7DA5C3ABD8A.thumb.jpeg.9d5e6e60cdb913ceaee003aebd76a833.jpeg

”But Darsc” I hear you ask.

”What is it?”

The Lake-Town buildings multipack of course.

E353E51F-AEFC-4F5C-921A-EA996736407C.thumb.jpeg.528196f13b6cdaf86ee0d520a52d4f41.jpeg

Each box contains the same two sprues.

I have to admit I have a bit of a thing for much of GW’s terrain and buildings.

I always thought these would be great for a Dreadmere or Brinewind theme.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Signum the Game is selling some of their Specials as a Valentines offer. 

I picked up these two:

LOS-1003_Aria_the_Avatar_of_Goddess_Malt.jpg.83c6a937dae3d684bcf25c623fbbe93f.jpg

These are Resins, and there's about 20 left of each...

There's a 'Zombie Maiden Warrior' also, but I don't really care for the 'differently living' so skipped that one.  

Offer ends on sunday.

Ugh.. thats the only exclusive I've been wanting.. I wish their White Witch hunter wasnt out of stock..  My only issue with ordering from them is that orders sometimes disappear for weeks when they leave Ukraine.. I'm still waiting on my order from January which left the ukraine on 1/20 and has no tracking update since.. my other order from them was here in 14 days.. they said this sort of thing happens right after the first of the year and it can take 5 weeks for stuff to show up sometimes

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Each box contains the same two sprues.

I have to admit I have a bit of a thing for much of GW’s terrain and buildings.

I always thought these would be great for a Dreadmere or Brinewind theme.

Okay, that's mighty tempting, and omg, really? They finally are providing a slight discount on multipacks, that's nice to see.  Those houses are... I suspect I'll be ordering a three pack as well, sometime soon, but for Burrows & Badgers (alongside generic medieval building use) 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Okay, that's mighty tempting, and omg, really? They finally are providing a slight discount on multipacks, that's nice to see.  Those houses are... I suspect I'll be ordering a three pack as well, sometime soon, but for Burrows & Badgers (alongside generic medieval building use) 

They should look good with Burrows and Badgers, though the scale on them is slightly on the smaller end.

Larger figs like the badgers might look a bit big for the doors.

And for some reason GW made the boats pretty small too. Not sure a mini on a base is going to fit.

But the buildings do have a very cool hidden deep in the bayou feel about them.

• Like 5

Some generic shopping: Half-gallon bottle of Cholula (I go through enough that it's just not practical to buy in a lesser size), some filters for the cat's water dish (discontinued by PetCo, but the filters are still available through other parties), and three copies of Splendor!

That's right, three.

"The River" gave me an option for buy 2/get 3 on Splendor.  So I've now added it to our collection, and will be giving a set to the oldest and her husband.  The third will probably go to the in-laws or be held until the granddaughter is a old enough/skilled enough to get one of her own (if she's still interested).  The deal was through "The River" only, not "fulfilled by" or through any other third party, so might be a little tough to get to.  I don't know if it is generally available or if it's because I've bought six copies since the holidays!

I'm a little nervous, though.  I know that my folks got a copy of the game with heavy chips, and the copy that I got for my folks to give to my brother and sister-in-law has much lighter chips (the box was so much lighter that my father insisted on opening the new box to make sure everything was there!).  So which will we get?  I've also seen multiple reviews mentioning that Asmodee has been busy cutting quality err..."expenses" (but certainly not any prices) across many of their subsidiaries...so it's a bit of a risk.

• Like 6

On 2/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, strawhat said:

I'm a little nervous, though.  I know that my folks got a copy of the game with heavy chips, and the copy that I got for my folks to give to my brother and sister-in-law has much lighter chips (the box was so much lighter that my father insisted on opening the new box to make sure everything was there!).  So which will we get?  I've also seen multiple reviews mentioning that Asmodee has been busy cutting quality err..."expenses" (but certainly not any prices) across many of their subsidiaries...so it's a bit of a risk.

All three are pre-Asmodee boxes and chip weights!

I feel a little bad that the copy that went to my brother's family was of lesser quality (or at least weight), but The River gets what they get, and they send what they send.  *shrug*

• Like 4

On 2/14/2020 at 10:13 PM, haldir said:

Small order came in today.

Bones 80065 Physician

Nolzur's T-Rex

Both will be used in future AL games @ the FLGS.

15817363592855799483630761002192.jpg

Dang I gotta snag that rex. *dusts off Dr. Alan Grant hat*

Edited by Jellyranger69
  • Like 5

I just won an auction for a couple of Blackmoor modules I needed on eGouge - Riders of Hak and Clock Steam - and at a price that I wouldn't deem as "criminal."  My wants list is getting shorter . . .

The Egg

• Like 9

My better half picked this up at Goodwill to use in a terrain project and I assumed it was perhaps a Skylander bit , but then it clicked for me: “oh yeah....the reason I nearly failed senior year...Starcraft!”

Forgive the stock photo, it’s a desktop Protoss power pylon that works as a USB charger. One of our better thrift finds.

88BD8AC0-4ACF-4BCB-95FA-3B61FE2D96DC.jpeg

• Like 13

Received a box from Hersey Labs today, rewards from their Vacant Realms Kickstarter.  As others have reported on the KS pages, they are quite small for 28mm and are in many tiny resin pieces. They seem especially small since I've been working on Stormtroopers, which are 35 or so mm.....

• Like 6