Jump to content
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Recommended Posts

Now to show you what you've all been waiting for (and me too):

 

20200218_194610.thumb.jpg.34a54eede18ecd58e40785f8aafc8e93.jpg

 

The cat butt dice.

 

There is a story to these dice. I ordered them at the beginning of October from TableTop Game & Hobby in Kansas, and waited for them to come. At the end of October they notified me that there might be a bit of a delay due to shipping the product from Poland; I understood, overseas shipping can be pretty dicey. They kept me informed and updated every step of the way. In the middle of November, they told me the delay was worse than expected and would take 5 weeks for it to show up, and waived shipping as an apology (just for reference, shipping was triple the amount of my purchase order. Ouch for them). I gave them extra time because I knew that shipping around Christmas would have been next to impossible. It wasn't until the end of January that I heard from the store again, where they told me that their shipment was already being sent. Without even asking for it, they completely comped my order as an apology for the long delay; I was completely fine with paying the full amount, the reason for the delay was not under their control. I just received the dice today and am ecstatic, my friend who collects both dice and cats is going to love the one I give her. The store has showed a level of customer service that's as stellar as Reaper's, and that's saying something. It's a great store with incredible people running it, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

 

 

Addendum- For those who are curious, the cat is based off of Toebias, the local store cat who has 2 extra claws on each front paw and an extra one on each back paw. He is described as loveable, affectionate, and a total jerk. :lol:

  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally unboxed my January order. 

From the left:

EB7CF277-7223-4698-B50E-F12DFE24E5A9.thumb.jpeg.4319f4b325da619b25902dc16ba50c9e.jpeg

Courage 1647,  Sir Richard 2420, Mangu 77148, Norgol 3451, 9253 Flesh Wash, Hope 1648, Dhaval 3346. (Anyone spot the Interloper...that snuck into the shot?)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TGP said:

I finally unboxed my January order. 

From the left:

EB7CF277-7223-4698-B50E-F12DFE24E5A9.thumb.jpeg.4319f4b325da619b25902dc16ba50c9e.jpeg

Courage 1647,  Sir Richard 2420, Mangu 77148, Norgol 3451, 9253 Flesh Wash, Hope 1648, Dhaval 3346. (Anyone spot the Interloper...that snuck into the shot?)

 

He's camera shy ::D:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wolf has sniffed him out!  That is Mangled TimMamba the Snakeman, not to be confused with Mangu Timur. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TGP said:

The wolf has sniffed him out!  That is Mangled TimMamba the Snakeman, not to be confused with Mangu Timur. 

 

I like the look of this mini!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped by a not so local Staples today, and picked up a pair of 4L Genuinely Useful Boxes. I figure that they should be good for storing painted minis... 

(Not that I've painted enough to need even one box... )

 

And at the post office there was a package from Uncharted Supply Co;  the rapid Raft. 

An inflatable raft that you can inflate in less than a minute without any tools, carries up to 400lbs, and packs down to a small bundle that only weighs 3lbs.   

The only niggle is hat they haven't managed to crate paddles that are just as compact. 

(The raft is sold without paddle. Instead they reccommend webbed swimming gloves)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Stopped by a not so local Staples today, and picked up a pair of 4L Genuinely Useful Boxes. I figure that they should be good for storing painted minis... 

(Not that I've painted enough to need even one box... )

 

And at the post office there was a package from Uncharted Supply Co;  the rapid Raft. 

An inflatable raft that you can inflate in less than a minute without any tools, carries up to 400lbs, and packs down to a small bundle that only weighs 3lbs.   

The only niggle is hat they haven't managed to crate paddles that are just as compact. 

(The raft is sold without paddle. Instead they reccommend webbed swimming gloves)

So they are selling you up the river without a paddle?  Just asking, I think I've seen this movie too...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...