Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

12 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

They're essentially telling you that you're a crap magnet? :lol:

Yep.  Whoever catches the worst crap through the year gets it ::D:

Went out at lunch to pick up a few extra "emergency" supplies in case I'm working from home for the next while.

20200316_IMG_0205.jpg.a74087fc0906faaf79a4f68da5eee7a3.jpg

The lfgs still hasn't been able get any other Imperial units in, so I figured I might as well pick up some Rebel scum for them to fight.

• Like 9
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiled Because this is pic heavy.

So my fairly large  horde of mini's that I won turned up today.

Unboxing the boxes

Spoiler

IMG_1532.jpg.1f2368f8913d3d5f7d670ce0ddaa9c2c.jpg IMG_1535.JPG.fa5fc50242609c470d4c07047cbacfa4.JPG IMG_1536.JPG.9acb2b9040b194ff9ac663c16163a3ac.JPGIMG_1537.JPG.d133a8923c203b99b90ac617f33a166d.JPG

Very nice packing job.   Paste as plain text instead

Uploaded Images

•  
  •  

IMG_1532.jpg

57 kb · Done

•  
  •  

The Metal Box

Spoiler

IMG_1539.JPG.9a24a8792d771bb704ae10d48aec40ce.JPG IMG_1540.jpg.f7d6c88ebd4930980f99ac55db60323b.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg.b359ec2846ccbefaa93ffea02cde7359.jpg The Out of Stock cards made me laugh... a LOT.

Bones (with help from my Daughter)

Spoiler

Not so helpful at first...

IMG_1543.JPG.c7d61ad56619c46e0c5b1a3c7ef8cf4e.JPG IMG_1544.JPG.21e12eb3a9ac24757ce7dfb5214c2e0c.JPG

After I promised she could keep the packaging she made some progress...

IMG_1545.jpg.cc0ee5cfff843ad1d3e78fb67121212f.jpg IMG_1546.JPG.cfd8af7c83b372bbdb60d21c369b5950.JPG

IMG_1547.jpg.94ee5874335ae7047fe4d25eddde7e38.jpgIMG_1548.JPG.4cf09159ec6f94095cc55a63bb0c8b31.JPG

IMG_1549.jpg.9b1e47e3b3a85d6339a179ea3b8d9a8a.jpgIMG_1552.jpg.3796bb53bac8fa80a288dd851421c6ee.jpg

If you ever want a laugh try unpacking a multitude of minis with kids helping. After the first pic in which she identified "green one! Unicorn, Mini Mooks (pathfinder goblins), Meerkat-Bear (your guess is as good as mine), Bat-Queen (Succubus)" she insisted on a drumroll before revealing two at a time, and she got lazy with descriptions, "small man, small man, small man" (Human, gnome and dwarf ... I think?) we renegotiated terms after that and I was allowed to continue without drumrolls.

A great time was had by all many thanks reaper you've made a few people very happy, and I'm going to see what I can do about spreading the cheer a bit ::D:

Edited by Sibling
removed a pic
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just had ten British Army 24 hour ration packs delivered.....just in case society breaks down :rolleyes:.

Mrs Beagle is most unhappy, and I received a proper telling off for wasting money. 

She'll change her tune when the food runs out and she's after a nibble 

IMG_1086[1].JPG

IMG_1087[1].JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
15 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Received my" Secrets of Blackmoor" Kickstarter reward today.

Special 2 DVD Edition of the DVD just for backers.

Waiting to watch till after the latest installment of Secrets of Oak Island finishes.

GEM

Secrets of Oak Island?

That's the series on the History channel where they follow people with gold fever dig over an island that has been dug up so many times the last century that there's no longer any undisturbed dirt anywhere on it. The island where there was never any buried treasure anyway?

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4129

You may now go directly to watching that DVD...  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, Beagle said:

Just had ten British Army 24 hour ration packs delivered.....just in case society breaks down :rolleyes:.

If society breaks down, I'm not sure that its going to recover in 10 days.  But at least you have a few days for the surging mobs to destroy themselves and allow you to pick from the remaining bones of civilizations corpse

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Secrets of Oak Island?

That's the series on the History channel where they follow people with gold fever dig over an island that has been dug up so many times the last century that there's no longer any undisturbed dirt anywhere on it. The island where there was never any buried treasure anyway?

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4129

You may now go directly to watching that DVD...  

Actually, what has been pretty well demonstrated during the run of the show is that all of the previous efforts have basically served to totally destroy any surface evidence and that "something[or somethings] happened" on a fairly large scale at a time or times previous to the first exploratory efforts by treasure hunters.

I have to give the Leguina Brothers and their team a lot of credit.  We both read the same Readers Digest Article as kids and I've stumbled across other mentions of the place over the decades.  I have to give Ken Burns Production team kudos for turning a sometimes slog into an entertaining enough series to hold my interest.  I've also learned a few things about various aspects of the construction and Geo-surveying industries that I was either fuzzy on or completely ignorant by paying attention and taking copious mental notes.

Just learning about all the various theories people have come up with, stating from different beginnings and stories and ending up on this one bit of land off the Nova Scotia Coast has been worth the time invested.

Whether they find conventional treasure or just end up finding out what the heck is at the bottom of the original shaft, and the why's/how's of that peculiar swamp it will satisfy a bump of curiosity that has been in the back of my mind since the 1960s and I picked up that issue of my Moms Readers Digest Subscription.

GEM

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

If society breaks down, I'm not sure that its going to recover in 10 days.  But at least you have a few days for the surging mobs to destroy themselves and allow you to pick from the remaining bones of civilizations corpse

According to columnist and author Lucius Beebe, who died in the late 1960s, "society" ended some time before the 1929 Stock Market Crash occurred.

GEM

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Actually, what has been pretty well demonstrated during the run of the show is that all of the previous efforts have basically served to totally destroy any surface evidence and that "something[or somethings] happened" on a fairly large scale at a time or times previous to the first exploratory efforts by treasure hunters.

I have to give the Leguina Brothers and their team a lot of credit.  We both read the same Readers Digest Article as kids and I've stumbled across other mentions of the place over the decades.  I have to give Ken Burns Production team kudos for turning a sometimes slog into an entertaining enough series to hold my interest.  I've also learned a few things about various aspects of the construction and Geo-surveying industries that I was either fuzzy on or completely ignorant by paying attention and taking copious mental notes.

Just learning about all the various theories people have come up with, stating from different beginnings and stories and ending up on this one bit of land off the Nova Scotia Coast has been worth the time invested.

Whether they find conventional treasure or just end up finding out what the heck is at the bottom of the original shaft, and the why's/how's of that peculiar swamp it will satisfy a bump of curiosity that has been in the back of my mind since the 1960s and I picked up that issue of my Moms Readers Digest Subscription.

GEM

I watch it. Of course I'm from Nova Scotia so I appreciate that it is giving the province some publicity too.  I grew up with the stories.  

My sister's boyfriend when I was in college was a big Oak Island conspiracy theory fan.  I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on the show yet..... 

It's nice how they spread around the info, so sometimes they talk to Dalhousie University, and sometime COGS, and now Acadia (where I went).

The current theory involving Louisburg is interesting....

• Like 3

Made one last trip to the game store before I distance them out completely for a bit (already dropped group meetings), and since they never have gotten my preorder stuff in I instead decided to get my first-ever set of metal dice. That I won't get to use for who knows how long now. <_<:down:

Anyway, I dunno nothing about metal dice, hope I did okay. Settled on these because they reminded me of Link.

901B2ECA-2C8C-48BE-BC3E-77B11C16C5A5.thumb.jpeg.664521a1a849b4e599603336aaea1c8d.jpeg

CC137D33-0A6B-4C72-A0B1-4ECE92A73E31.thumb.jpeg.4bc5dfe00f25661beff36b48cf2b12ae.jpeg

• Like 8

Acquired a shipping notice for my Iron Heart Artisans order!  3x 72 dropper bottle inverted rack, 3x six tier shelf, an inside and an outside corner, and two brush racks. 

Depending on how the postal service handles things, looks like I'm going to have an armada of MDF to assemble and paint over the next two weeks...  The only order that hasn't shipped yet is Global Evil Corp, and that's because I'm waiting on pricing info for the bridges and balconies ^_^

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

This is England, the idea that civilisation will break down is inconceivable. Technology may become redundant, food chains may break down, but there will always be time for afternoon tea and some cricket on the village green.

• Like 4

If aliens lands in England a million years from now, even if it's just a desolate wasteland, they'll end up cooking up some hot water and steep something in it, to drink in the afternoon, without ever knowing exactly why they do it. 'It just feels... appropriate'   one of them might say/project/whatever, if asked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12