Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First one of the three packages of goodies that are on the way to me arrived today...

IMG_20200323_201651.thumb.jpg.1f41ce87f6416ff4cbdf514f99b1007b.jpg

Besides the typical "brand new, fresh out of the packaging" mouse pad smell, we both rather like the tiles.  The additional paper terrain kits will have support frames for them soon enough ^_^

• Like 12

Yay! Reaper have shipped out some of the minis I panic brought last night (With everything shutting down, I wanted to make sure I had a little something to open on my Birthday).

EREGRIS DARKFATHOM, EVIL HIGH SEA PRIEST,

ANTHANELLE, FEMALE ELF WIZARD,

FROST GIANT HEROINE,

FROST GIANT RANGER,

FROST GIANT QUEEN,

EREDAIN, MERCENARIES MAGE (my freebie).

I also ordered an Ogre and a Goblin Coven from Games Workshop, but they shut down this morning so I don't know when I'll see them.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Ordered a white whale of mine a few weeks ago and it finally got here.

C348801B-6C3F-4761-A469-A33AEC1A98C0.thumb.jpeg.285c6fdc75898a50582c2c9080bc18e7.jpeg

Oooh jealous. I've been eyeing that one for a while. Really should have picked one up on sale. It is sooooo good.

• Like 6

My T5 Samsung external SSD drive (500GB) finally arrived (itself on special last week).

I've been in need of a backup drive for some time. Lately I've downloading the free daily MET opera streams, and it was starting to take more space than my tablet and USB drives could hold. Wagner being the worst offender with his many 4+ hour long operas.

I haven't seen external drives in a while, so I found it to be shockingly small for something that holds so much. It's literally more compact than the all the cards in my wallet. And even though my old tablet is only USB 2.0, the USB 3.1 drive was writing at 270MB/s. Fastest I've ever seen it.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

My T5 Samsung external SSD drive (500GB) finally arrived (itself on special last week).

I've been in need of a backup drive for some time. Lately I've downloading the free daily MET opera streams, and it was starting to take more space than my tablet and USB drives could hold. Wagner being the worst offender with his many 4+ hour long operas.

I haven't seen external drives in a while, so I found it to be shockingly small for something that holds so much. It's literally more compact than the all the cards in my wallet. And even though my old tablet is only USB 2.0, the USB 3.1 drive was writing at 170MB/s. Fastest I've ever seen it.

How are external drives these days? I've had 2 of them in the past & both em died on me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

How are external drives these days? I've had 2 of them in the past & both em died on me.

I've found that they are just as reliable as any other consumer electronic device and your mileage will vary.  I've had some that have been fairly short lived, and others that have been very robust.

• Like 4

The postal system still seems to be running okay in these parts, although that might change soon. These came in today.

DSCN5579.thumb.JPG.6529f5bc008cecd0fe4a1c6fd84748a1.JPG

This rounds out my collection of GSW and Instar colour changing paint. Who knows, I might even use them someday ::P:

Not strictly hobby related, but Toothless is a dragon after all...

DSCN5582.thumb.JPG.168937aa72bc6eb03dcc268259343b10.JPG

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Maybe there's a site where you can buy them and just download and print? 

Someone like paper music notabypass might even have such ABBA songs as 'Thank you for the music'...  

Good idea, I was looking for printable sheet music last night from free sources. But most of what I could find was either truncated pieces of music, or wouldn't print right. May have to go down the paid route. I don't mind paying for stuff like the ABBA, but most of what she prefers to play is well over 100 years old and it just galls me to pay someone to download a piece of scanned sheet music that was written before their grandparents were born.

• Like 7

These were sitting outside the front door this morning at 7:30 am....

20200325_IMG_0238.thumb.jpg.a1c8e3036b001388bdefd6e5037110e8.jpg

Apparently amazon sometimes makes use of a company called BNI, which from what I can tell is basically a newspaper delivery company.....so these were left on the step by them sometime between midnight at 7:30.  

So I now have resin....of course my printer hasn't actually shipped yet.....

• Like 11