Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

On 3/25/2020 at 7:07 AM, Thoramel said:

Good idea, I was looking for printable sheet music last night from free sources. But most of what I could find was either truncated pieces of music, or wouldn't print right. May have to go down the paid route. I don't mind paying for stuff like the ABBA, but most of what she prefers to play is well over 100 years old and it just galls me to pay someone to download a piece of scanned sheet music that was written before their grandparents were born.

On 3/25/2020 at 2:59 PM, ratsmitglied said:

Have you tried looking at libraries - I know that the National Library of Australia (example search) has a heap of digitised sheet music available for free, and I'm pretty sure that you can also find sheet music on Europeana and DPLA (Digital Public Library of America).

I would expect that a lot of Universities that have significant music collections will also have digitised at least some of their collections - trick is that a lot of these won't be easily discoverable through Google (if they are at all).

On 3/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, Thoramel said:

Great ideas, thank you!

Add to that list the US Library of Congress.  Their online sheet music collection has 94,000+ entries, mostly historical:  https://www.loc.gov/notated-music/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A part of me say I wish I hadn't order, but anther part is saying, yes I needed to do this, but I placed a order for some Oregon Duck merch!

#20 Fighting Ducks T-shirt (ie Sabrina Ionescu)

ff_3860187-75eeedd6684aa7448c48alt1_full

& I needed something to get free shipping (one reason why I don't order allot from Fanatics is their high shipping costs) but I added a keychain strap as well. Plus, reading the article about how Fanatics is converting their MLB jersey material to medical wear is anther reason why I wanted to order today.

ff_2563868_full.jpg&w=900

GO DUCKS! (what could have been this spring.....sigh)

Also, I decided to place a small Nolzur's order as well. I figured figures I needed doubled up. I'll still get majority of them at the game store when they re-open & have them in stock.

Death dogs x2

winter wolf

Young Silver Dragon (cause I know I'll need the time to paint it & the game I want to put in would have been close to running)

• Like 6

• Members
52 minutes ago, haldir said:

A part of me say I wish I hadn't order, but anther part is saying, yes I needed to do this, but I placed a order for some Oregon Duck merch!

I'm tempted to come out for the Ohio State game in September, but given it's the weekend after RCon, it seems doubtful.. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm tempted to come out for the Ohio State game in September, but given it's the weekend after RCon, it seems doubtful.. 

I personally love going to Auzten Stadium. It's a great environment for a game & being outdoors. There really isn't a bad seat in the place. I thought about going to a game again this year but I think I'll stick with having last year's memories for a bit (plus again RCon trip kinda takes up travel cash too).

• Like 5

I bought 12 of these plastic containers with lids.  The plan is to put my unpainted minis in them. 

20200329_110300.thumb.jpg.2fb2ab9dde3e82b731a000f8c8dd0fe3.jpg

So we figured we should clean all of minis before putting them in these containers.  That's quite a feat considering our mini total is now over 10k.  This will take us a while. 

20200329_094243.thumb.jpg.714c4dadc9841a77bf2686a745214fbd.jpg

Using the air blower to get most of the water off. 

20200329_110332.thumb.jpg.a94809492d0451a6ee8f765781a2534b.jpg

• Like 14

No,  probably not,  but I can buy more when I get down into the pile of unopened mini packages ::P:.  Most of my bones 1-4 minis are still in their original boxes for instance. 

The containers I bought are the Sterilite 14 x 11 x 3 1/4 size.

Edited by Citrine
Autocorrupt is evil!
  • Like 5

With a clatter akin to ten teenaged boys running up the stairs in roller blades, my new desk was delivered today! It’s still in its box, because I have all the busys, but I vow that it will be put together this evening!! 

I also got a tube of green stuff, so I can do the sculpting!

• Like 13

Today was more of a delivery receipt day.  New hikers since I wore the soles off the last pair and some tshirts since they were on sale.  Also received one of the last 1litre bottles of elegoo resin off Amazon.  Stuff is going to be hard to come by for a little while, not that I have a lack of things to paint, but like buying minis, printing them is just as addicting.  I hope 4 litres will see me through the next little while!  :rolleyes:

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Rahz said:

Today was more of a delivery receipt day.  New hikers since I wore the soles off the last pair and some tshirts since they were on sale.  Also received one of the last 1litre bottles of elegoo resin off Amazon.  Stuff is going to be hard to come by for a little while, not that I have a lack of things to paint, but like buying minis, printing them is just as addicting.  I hope 4 litres will see me through the next little while!  :rolleyes:

I should order a bottle of resin, mainly for that reason.

• Like 4

My new hobby desk! 

F6561435-6EF7-4336-933A-973DD118FCDE.thumb.jpeg.450205cdb3acb93537bf30466b522ceb.jpeg

51B85562-A051-4B2D-A626-70D4332BCD4A.thumb.jpeg.a9ae0bebef3ced21145431ca8b93cf0f.jpeg

I’m going to have a small display shelf below the lamp and I’m getting a wooden drawer thing for my paints (I’m going to be putting magnetic locks on it to keep the grabby monster out of my paints). So it’s not done yet, but it’s a really nice desk!

• Like 17