Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I have the same desk in black. Do you find your current seating too high for the desk?

No, but I’ve always liked my chair high (long legs). If it is a bit too high I can always lower my chair a little.

Bonus pic of Sephy’s new nightlight in action: 

404D24B8-5095-4A97-BF48-748CA2C1EEE9.thumb.jpeg.5bb109c85d0f4dcb220c8d0e539bd7af.jpeg

• Like 12

My "front of the line" order form Badger for their 56th birthday celebration came today.

Well, more accurately I had to go pick it up at the post office.  Seems Canadian Customs are an essential  service, so I had to pay some duties.....

The front of the line promotion (for returning birthday deal customers) let you pick from 4 of Badger's best sellers, and get them with a special finish and with "Badger Happy 56th Birthday" laser etched on one side, for $56 each. (Badger's normal promotion is the same deal on any of their airbrushes, but without the fancy bits, and only on the owner's birthday.  The other difference is the sale was in the fall, so they shipped before all the regular birthday orders.

Anyway, I have trouble deciding what to get:

20200331_IMG_0260.jpg.19a02e41b1314ea93281ffe860090faa.jpg

Patriot 105, Extreme 105, Krome and Sotar 20/20.

Not pictured are some quick connectors and a high roller trigger to try out.

My only problem now is I think the Sotar is too pretty to ever use.....

20200331_IMG_0264.jpg.3272d2149493ae57adf0b9d83f04e812.jpg

Luckily I have a standard black one I got in last year's sale.....

(Have I mentioned I have a collecting "issue"?  )

• Like 15

More aeroplanes for me...

Second box of A-10s and OV-10s, plus 4 x A-4 Skyhawks, all in 1/144 scale.

Did I mention I have plans (ok, so they're for wargaming, the A-10s are actually surplus to requirements as I already had 11 of them, and can only field 4 in the game I'm using them for, the OV-10s are going to masquerade as AH-1s in Vietnam, and the A-4s are, unsurprisingly, also for Vietnam)

Maybe I should paint them instead of buying more...:lol:

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Now now!   No need for that sort of talk!!!

well, the buying more is limited by being able to find kits of the appropriate subjects in the correct scale ;-)

And admittedly 8 of the 16 A-10s I've got have been built to some degree or another...and all have some paint on them, it's just a matter of whether or not I repaint the pre-painted ones or just deal with the fact they're mismatched

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

well, the buying more is limited by being able to find kits of the appropriate subjects in the correct scale ;-)

And admittedly 8 of the 16 A-10s I've got have been built to some degree or another...and all have some paint on them, it's just a matter of whether or not I repaint the pre-painted ones or just deal with the fact they're mismatched

Since you can only run 4 Warthogs at a time, why not do four different flights with differing paint schemes?

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Since you can only run 4 Warthogs at a time, why not do four different flights with differing paint schemes?

That was my thought as well - 4 in the Lizard scheme, 4 in a grey scheme (may end up being two slightly different grey schemes due to the existing schemes on the prepaints, means I have 4 aircraft I don't need to do a full repaint on, only touch-ups, panel lines etc), 4 in an 'Arctic' scheme and 4 in something else

• Like 7

Two more packages came in, leaving just three waiting to come in (my tokens from Art of War Studios, Infinity miniatures from GameNerdz, and then a bunch of paint storage stuffs from Iron Heart Artisans)

IMG_20200331_214658.thumb.jpg.40c8db36756488705fa1e87874c2e695.jpg

^Moar miniatures, whooo!  Not sure what I'll do with the Aleph yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.  Ariadna in the Coldfront boxes will be for hubby.  Ragiks are there because Combat Drop is love, and shotguns are life.  Err, Spitfires are life, yes.  Same thing as the Odalisque.  Gorgeous mini, dangerous in close combat, but best of all is THAT SPITFIRE!

IMG_20200331_215032.thumb.jpg.00e2d6ea3866c843943e48e835320a6f.jpgIMG_20200331_215308.thumb.jpg.fe4009b292fb7dacc54bd5a28c9c07d0.jpg

^My Global Evil Corp order, that he was able to get out with just a few hours to spare before the lockdown in his state hit.  2x stair kits, 1x bases (I'll probably use them for my Yu Jing, as I've already decided they'll be my next army due to Kaldstrom, and Code One having Yu Jing as one of the chosen four), 1x RiserPod, 1x QuadPop (objective room sized), 1x Modpod Duo (half the size of an objective room), 4x Modpod Uni (a quarter the size of the objective room), 1x LadderPod, and then I think he's calling it the Balcony Bundle (1x Balcony Pod (4 corner balconies, 4 straight balconies, 4 end caps), 1x BridgePod (1x corner bridge, 1x straight bridge, some end caps), and 1x step pod (4 straight staircases to connect to other balcony units, and some end caps)).  Time for some more building ^_^

I'm starting to suspect that I might wind up toning down my Warsenal wishlist, but I'm not going to lie, I really do like the Xiguan Prosperous Corner ~AND~ the Dragon's Den, plus I know I'll want Lo Pan's Noodle Hut and a Xiguan Tower at some point, so we shall see how everything plays out once we get to that point ^_^

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nice couch, how is the customer service doing in providing the missing cushion?

I’ve sent them a message, they sent me one back, and I just sent another message (confirming that we looked inside the couch for the missing cushion). Hopefully this last message will result in cushion number four being sent out, post haste. 

In the meantime we’re using a pillow to fill the hole :lol:

• Like 7

Nolzur's/ebay order came in a couple of days ago. Finally opened it this morning.

More or less, ordered to help fill the need for the new releases, with my FLGS closed right now.

Young silver dragon

Winter wolf

Death dog

Death knight & helmed horror

Monodrone & duodrone

15858439090503656579618934555472.jpg

• Like 10