Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

8 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’m sure you probably already have, but don’t forget to secure the safety straps from the back of the unit to the wall.

Don't want any tipping accidents.

Yep, already did. There was much swearing over the mechanism they included for that :rolleyes: 

And we have the shelf blocked off, so Sephy can’t get to it. 

67E076BB-55F2-4367-8C49-2E7856A5ABA1.thumb.jpeg.d5029316c9b90a7e497f16bfd19e8a1f.jpeg

• Like 9

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Yep, already did. There was much swearing over the mechanism they included for that :rolleyes: 

67E076BB-55F2-4367-8C49-2E7856A5ABA1.thumb.jpeg.d5029316c9b90a7e497f16bfd19e8a1f.jpeg

"And we have the shelf blocked off..."   Famous Last Words...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, Corsair said:

"And we have the shelf blocked off..."   Famous Last Words...

I guess I should have said she can’t get to it as easily :lol: the gate gives us enough time to catch her. At least for now. I’m sure we’ll need to adapt to her grabby hands as she grows up :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I guess I should have said she can’t get to it as easily :lol: the gate gives us enough time to catch her. At least for now. I’m sure we’ll need to adapt to her grabby hands as she grows up :lol:

And toddlers invented the phrase: Hold My Bottle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

You see this as a deterrent.  She sees it as a challenge!

I recommend distraction.  keep a cool toy or thingie out of view until she is inside the gate.  then she finds the toy and stops moving towards the shelf...  Distraction is the key to surviving childhood. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Last year, a few months before the murder-plot to gank the D&D group's mage... I wanted a violinist bard figure. Mage's player knew of, and wanted, the Malifaux Crossroad's Seven set, which included a violinist. Not that he knew why *I* wanted the violinist; at the time she seemed like an ally. Everywhere was sold out. They didn't exist. Not-a-one. Couldn't get a pack, not even for 2x price. Only a 10x price one commission painted on Ebay - so no.

But I managed to find a new-in-wrapped-box one at standard market value for not-awful shipping on Ebay a few weeks ago, because Malifaux published them in their new edition. Crossroads Seven arrived today.

Now that violinist NPC is dead; she died in the gank-the-mage battle, slammed into a zombie dragon by the warforged butler. But nothing says she can't be a ghost bard.... heh. And the rest seem like they'll be great for when I destroy the Circus.

I don't play the Malifaux games, so I may just hand them over to the mage who does when 1) they're painted, 2) after I use them in destroying the Circus, and 3) when he's back on same continent. Sharing art is good.

Going to get these set up for my next batch of airbrush priming. Woot woot!

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Last year, a few months before the murder-plot to gank the D&D group's mage... I wanted a violinist bard figure. Mage's player knew of, and wanted, the Malifaux Crossroad's Seven set, which included a violinist. Not that he knew why *I* wanted the violinist; at the time she seemed like an ally. Everywhere was sold out. They didn't exist. Not-a-one. Couldn't get a pack, not even for 2x price. Only a 10x price one commission painted on Ebay - so no.

But I managed to find a new-in-wrapped-box one at standard market value for not-awful shipping on Ebay a few weeks ago, because Malifaux published them in their new edition. Crossroads Seven arrived today.

Stonehaven has a female halfling bard playing a violin (or at least bowing a fiddle of some sort; could be a rebec or a vielle—the pictures aren’t that clear).  HeroForge has the bow and the violin among there bits, and have since added the ability to move the arm joints independently of the standard poses.  Before they did that, I had this urban fantasy character made up:

4E2B7DF3-B58E-43FF-80E7-B7BBA2EA6F65.thumb.jpeg.1b783918d1950d930738f40ca6e235b9.jpeg

But, yes, figures with bowed strings are pretty scarce.

(says the former viola da gamba player...)

• Like 7

First MakerBox arrived

IMG_20200406_153844674.thumb.jpg.4244d4297e68731d8ed06bbee4407847.jpg

Went with the Easy this month just to try it out. Got 1 black recycled filament sample from RePlay3d, and a 4 pack of fun colors (Red, Purple, Silver, and turquoise) from FilaCube

IMG_20200406_154023090.thumb.jpg.3743d01276ee7f01cdc2f8a58df330f3.jpg

Oh, and candy. 

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

Stonehaven has a female halfling bard playing a violin (or at least bowing a fiddle of some sort; could be a rebec or a vielle—the pictures aren’t that clear).  HeroForge has the bow and the violin among there bits, and have since added the ability to move the arm joints independently of the standard poses.  Before they did that, I had this urban fantasy character made up:

4E2B7DF3-B58E-43FF-80E7-B7BBA2EA6F65.thumb.jpeg.1b783918d1950d930738f40ca6e235b9.jpeg

But, yes, figures with bowed strings are pretty scarce.

(says the former viola da gamba player...)

There is also a violinist by Dark Sword. The one in your picture is really good, but doesn't hit the villainy either.

But this bard NPC is pretty much evil Lindsey Stirling. "Lindsey Quick Silver". She has a whip attached to the violin bow and her thing is to debuff folks then trip them to the ground from a distance (which she successfully did to the poor mage before she died). She has *flair*. Long gamed chaotic evil with her for MONTHS before she was revealed as evil. The boys even got her a job in the best pub in town and gave her a magic violin before she turned on them. They liked her, and she slammed them. I think I might snip the whip from one of the Bones IV figures that has one, and attach it to the violin bow on the Malifaux figure.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your meddling werewolf?

Interesting party.  who got to play the school kids? 

Nobody yet...these are being done against a very nebulous future project. There are more kids to come, though.  

• Like 6

Interesting.  Someday I want to play in am urban fantasy setting the only one we tried was Dresden and it was fun but it only really clicked with the players who had read the books.  The others had too much of the fantasy or sci fi expectations of plot armor and we had to scrap 2 runs because the party wound up on prison. Sentences in one round and executed by the wizard council for death and time magic in another before it even began to sink in that, unlike most fantasy campaigns, the people who keep order have way more power and resources than the characters.

• Like 6

Forgot to post yesterday.  The BNI delivery ninjas had this outside my door at 6:50 am.

20200406_IMG_0286.jpg.da6cfb7d01ccc7b8c9b499ffde1ad181.jpg

And today this came by more traditional courier means:

20200407_IMG_0288.jpg.7bc87b9a5007028b53143578531eb890.jpg

An air purifier to hopefully help with the resin fumes....I plan to rig up venting to the outside, but that won't happen for a bit, and since I need to work in here.....

I'll move it to a less...in the way... location later.

• Like 11