Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

Humble Bundle is having a Stardock bundle, with GalCiv III and a whole bucketload of addons, and a few other games... 

I'm not that interested in GalCiv III, but I figure some of you just might be into it...

(I prefer GalCiv II for OS/2. Not that I last long. The AI in that version is mean.)

• Like 5

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Work did a salary adjustment AND the bonus GST payment came in early, so.....

New gaming table(s) ordered from Ikea, to make a more or less 4x6' table!  It won't have the storage I was hoping for underneath, but we can build that in later on when I don't have to rely on spending an extra $59 CAD on top of it all to have it shipped, and they actually have those pieces in stock.  I say more or less because it will be 3/8" short on each side on the narrower end, but eh, world isn't going to end, and we aren't holding any ITS events on it, so it doesn't really matter that much in the long run to either of us.  Also got a few more things for the kitchen (a basic office desk as a prep surface, and a Billy Bookcase with doors to serve as a dry goods pantry - this will replace the current corner desk we have in what's technically the dining room.

Infinity miniatures!

From MeepleMart: Ghulam Infantry, Hussein Al-Djabel, and Saladin.

From TabletopGamerStore: HaqqIslam Khawarijs, HaqqIslam Zhayedans, Blackjacks 10th Heavy Ranger w/T2 Sniper, Ariadna Line Kazaks, and Ariadna Support Pack

I can pretty much guarantee my next Infinity order is going to have a combination of murder puppies werewolves antipodes of differing types in it, as well as some Yu Jing Invincible Army figures.  Hubby wants his murderous wolves of varying varieties, and my second force of choice is Yu Jing, plus Yu Jing is also my chosen Code One faction (because they're only giving four choices at the moment, grrr!)

• Like 15

Picked up a few pdfs using Wizards freebies this week + the Eberron Epic adventure "the Iron Titan" (you can also run it as a solo table which is what I'll use it for, but would love to have a multi-table event going here after seeing it in action during Rcon 2018). Also putting together a model/hobby order from Spotmodel. With me getting back into my car models, I need a "evil" sponsor (aka Marlboro) decal. Figured might as well put something in the order to justify the shipping from Spain.

EDIT: Sweet! I forgot I used to use a 3 ring binder & sheet protectors for my decals & instructions & I thought I'd bought the Marlboro logos. I found the binder & it turns out I bought a entire decal set from Crazy Modeler that has everything + the logos. Pretty cool, since I wasn't finding anything I wanted to sup' that order. ha ha.

• Like 5

It's been an expensive week.  After fighting with the kids for the past 2 weeks to get OUR laptops back from them, we caved and bought them each a laptop with the cash we saved from not paying for daycare, kid activities, medical stuff like physiotherapy and such...  And then I dumped a large amount on Ikea shelving to continue the evolution of my gaming space.  Some of the current shelves will be moved to my son's room as he's getting older and playing with lego less but still wants somewhere to display his stuff.  So win-win for dad and son.  Of course Ikea's earliest delivery date was early May, so I've got some time to continue planning how things are going to get moved around. 

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, Rahz said:

It's been an expensive week.  After fighting with the kids for the past 2 weeks to get OUR laptops back from them, we caved and bought them each a laptop with the cash we saved from not paying for daycare, kid activities, medical stuff like physiotherapy and such...  And then I dumped a large amount on Ikea shelving to continue the evolution of my gaming space.  Some of the current shelves will be moved to my son's room as he's getting older and playing with lego less but still wants somewhere to display his stuff.  So win-win for dad and son.  Of course Ikea's earliest delivery date was early May, so I've got some time to continue planning how things are going to get moved around. 

Ohhh, which shelving did you wind up with?  I redid the gaming shelves with Helveta shelves and have not regretted it for a moment!  The large shelves are still straight after 3 years with a full row of rpg Rule books on them.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Rahz said:

Ouch, windows over here were only 9 days, which is rather handy.  Of course, this means having everything prepped in 7-8 days for all the new stuff...  Oh boy. o_O

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Ohhh, which shelving did you wind up with?  I redid the gaming shelves with Helveta shelves and have not regretted it for a moment!  The large shelves are still straight after 3 years with a full row of rpg Rule books on them.

Going crazy with full Besta.  I already had 3 of them scattered around the basement, so I picked up 2 more and more glass shelves to form the large bank of them on the right.  The smaller wall-mounted ones are already up.  The red shape is my painting desk.  I haven't ordered all the doors and such yet as I want to see how things will come together and how I organize things.  I ordered 2 cheaper, slightly smaller book cases to replace 2 of the Besta ones that are moving. 

IMG_7743.thumb.PNG.e33df8efdc9b1ae22ad9909312c0ebca.PNG

• Like 11

Iron Wind Artisans order is in.  Didn't bother to do a "here's all the loot" pic, but I did a quick dry fit on one of each of the stands (well, minus my corner ones)....

IMG_20200409_212735.thumb.jpg.b96aa503cb5e6817aed661aa510ac729.jpgIMG_20200409_220705.thumb.jpg.51f5bf934dd2bf07efdf1e9297d2bc44.jpg

^Six tier shelf is first pic, inverted 72 dropper rack is second pic.

IMG_20200409_213022.thumb.jpg.652deca1f9fa0db0bcca544741dad1ac.jpg

^And because Sir Forscale doesn't quite show off just how wide these shelves are....  That's a large pizza box from Domino's, aka a box for a 14" pizza...

Got three of the six tier shelves, three of the 72 dropper bottle racks, one of each 6 tier corner racks, and two brush stands as well.  This is going to be one fun weekend of assembly and rearranging!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rahz said:

Going crazy with full Besta.  I already had 3 of them scattered around the basement, so I picked up 2 more and more glass shelves to form the large bank of them on the right.  The smaller wall-mounted ones are already up.  The red shape is my painting desk.  I haven't ordered all the doors and such yet as I want to see how things will come together and how I organize things.  I ordered 2 cheaper, slightly smaller book cases to replace 2 of the Besta ones that are moving. 

It's 'Bestå', not 'Besta'.

Bestå can be translated to 'to consist' while 'Besta' mostly translates to 'Granny'...

And there you learned something today, too...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well I did it.

Ordered an Elegoo Mars 3D Printer.

It was on a flashsale on Gearbest 250 euro and 56 cents for a new one, free shipping.

Anxious to get it, a bit nervous to use it for the first time, excited to see how my armies will grow with that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

It's 'Bestå', not 'Besta'.

Bestå can be translated to 'to consist' while 'Besta' mostly translates to 'Granny'...

And there you learned something today, too...

I mean, “granny shelf” makes as much sense as “consist shelf” :shrug:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I mean, “granny shelf” makes as much sense as “consist shelf” :shrug:

In this context it's used to hint that these shelves will endure lifetimes of use. 

Most grannies barely last any time at all... 

(Assuming you start with a pre-made granny, instead of producing one yourself)

Little, old Japanese grannies, excepted, of course. As we all know, from watching Anime and reading Manga, they can move mountains. 

• Haha 9