Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

52 minutes ago, Citrine said:

So those plastic tubs I had ordered are now full of minis,  so I ordered 12 more since there are still a lot of loose minis around and a lot still in their packaging...

We are just shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that you had to order more :lol:

• Haha 8

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

It's 'Bestå', not 'Besta'.

Bestå can be translated to 'to consist' while 'Besta' mostly translates to 'Granny'...

And there you learned something today, too...

Thank you!  My Swedish has long since evaporated from my brain, but it was my third spoken, second written/read language, oh so long ago. 

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well I did it.

Ordered an Elegoo Mars 3D Printer.

It was on a flashsale on Gearbest 250 euro and 56 cents for a new one, free shipping.

Anxious to get it, a bit nervous to use it for the first time, excited to see how my armies will grow with that.

Woooot!!  One of us! One of us! One of us!!  :winkthumbs:

• Like 5

I needed some paint replacements, and some minis might fallen into the cart too....

Army Painter Warpaint - Matte Black
Army Painter Warpaint: Strong Tone Ink (18ml)
Army Painter Warpaint: Dark Tone Ink (18ml)
Master Series Paint: Ancient Bronze Gold toned Metallics
Master Series Paint: Black Primer
Pathfinder Paint: Mwangi Brown (.5oz)

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Young Red Dragon
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Grell & Basilisk (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Harpy & Arakocra (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Ettin (1)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Blue Slaad (1)
Wizkids Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Raptors (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Young Silver Dragon (1)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Green Slaad (1)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Male Firbolg Druid (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Male Human Wizard (2)
Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Male Elf Magus (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Male Dwarf Cleric (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Crocodile (1) 
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Male Elf Sorcerer (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Female Human Monk (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Stone Golem (1)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Female Dragonborn Fighter (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Male Halfling Rogue (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Doppleganger (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Male Human Barbarian (2)
Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Male Human Sorcerer (2)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Female Human Wizard (2)
Marvel HeroClix Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Psylocke 
Marvel HeroClix Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Storm
Marvel HeroClix Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Emma Frost 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Where?

Not for myself, but my sister has the entire run of Excalibur... 

'Jack is wanting a bust of the Wizkids Unpainted Heroclix mini of Kitty Pryde. Not available.

• Like 3

Apparently I felt I didn't quite have enough additional Infinity minis in my backlog, and ordered some more.. 

Box of Muttawi'ah's, box of Kaplan Tactical Service, and a Govads HMG are also on the way now, although the two boxes will probably take a month to get here due to packages traveling somewhat slowly. 

There's probably also going to be an order put in with Ikea for another three Tertial stand lamps and Ledare bulbs too, because now that I have the new painting area all set up I could go for some better lighting..! 

• Like 8

Well, I have been watching the evilbay and finally picked up my last Starfinder book last night. Since I have them on PDFs I have been watching for used/cheap dead tree versions. Also, this week, received a reproduction holster and belt fro m WW1 Colt 1911 that was made in 1917, so there is a 90% + chance it saw action "Over there".

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Well, I have been watching the evilbay and finally picked up my last Starfinder book last night. Since I have them on PDFs I have been watching for used/cheap dead tree versions. Also, this week, received a reproduction holster and belt fro m WW1 Colt 1911 that was made in 1917, so there is a 90% + chance it saw action "Over there".

Since I run starfimder almost exclusively electronically, I only have the base book to share with the other local players.  Still having fun with it, even with a very small group 

• Like 6

Our postal service is currently creaking under the strain of the affects of....well, you know what ::(:. I ordered some vital supplies whilst I had the chance.

DSCN6376.thumb.JPG.45052ecf576753b6645336ede9734ba2.JPG

My favourite(synthetic!) brushes, a ceramic well pallette and some nifty looking monsters from GW. The well pallette is actually for use with inks, but apparently they're really good for dilute mini paints. It comes with the added bonus of an inkwell that is apparently the most interesting thing in the world to Loki :rolleyes: Must look like a 'lil kitty cup to him.

I made this Reaper order, but also included the Bones Paint Set 6. There must've been a glitch on the site because I got an email saying that it wasn't actually in stock and that they were very sorry. Not a problem, I thought- I'll just order when it does arrive.

DSCN6867.thumb.JPG.361998bf2b5d3ed4c779a7aeae3f0bce.JPG

I was a little bit surprised to see an extra mini in my package. Not just any mini, mind you- a Halloween Sophie! Which seems like a really random choice, unless you know that I ordered a whole bunch of the Sophies when they went to retail last year. Halloween Sophie was one of the few that I didn't order, mostly because my order was getting terrifyingly expensive and I had to draw a line somewhere.

So either someone in Reaperland got really, really lucky, or they went through my order history to see what I tended to buy. Which is totally awesome and proves that Reapers customer service is second to none :wub:

Oh, and the Paint Set finally turned up on the site and was swiftly ordered ::D:

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

So either someone in Reaperland got really, really lucky, or they went through my order history to see what I tended to buy. Which is totally awesome and proves that Reapers customer service is second to none :wub:

I believe it is a testament to how awesome Reaper is.  A similar thing happened to me the other year when I ordered a bunch of mouselings.  I inventoried the box, and there was a metal mouseling bonus!

• Like 9