Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Citrine said:

Going to buy a new air conditioner and furnace in the next few days.   We are planning on buying Thrane equipment.  That's going to be a hefty chunk of change, but we have needed this for a few years and I want to buy these before inflation hits us in the fall or winter. 

You definitely want to deal with it while it's a "we want to..." and not a "we need to..." situation.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, strawhat said:

You definitely want to deal with it while it's a "we want to..." and not a "we need to..." situation.

Agreed ours died on the coldest week of the last 5 years.  It was not any fun at all!

But the company got the entire installation done in one 12 hour day so I was pretty impressed 

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 10

Thanks to the pandemic I didn't get this order in until yesterday...

Four pig-crab demons from Cthulhu Wars.

A surprisingly tall serpentman from the same game.

And a bunch of medieval Zombiecide minis that turned out to be basically movie and TV characters (Arthur, Lancelot, Robin and two Gawains but no Bedevere from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, David Bowie from Labyrinth, Xena, Kristen Stewart's knightly Snow White, Rutger Hauer from Ladyhawke and Liam Neeson from Kingdom of Heaven)

• Like 10

NoRCon2020 order arrived today.

Dice are nice, I got the smokey sparkle ones. My Die guy was the D6 & he was frosted clear blue color. They won't replace my Chessex dice but they are nice to look at & roll.

• Like 6

I received two mini squegees, a 500ml bottle of IPA 99,7% yesterday!

The squegees are for cleaning the FEP FILM if needed ( could have used those last week!)

Als we bought a new garden seat. An inbetween ( two seat with a small table in the middle attached to each other.)

Next week we will get the guys over to renovate the stairs.

• Like 8

Acquired:

- A few cables for hubby (6' M/M 1/8", 20' 1/8" extension cable, and 1/4" to 1/8" adapter)

- A pair of Raphael 8404 size 0 from Jackson's Art (plus a six spot deep well palette)

Oh yeah, and these guys too...

IMG_20200507_153357.thumb.jpg.26daa8b89c6da8ad7a03011b3a7e5959.jpg

^Kaplan Tactical Services, as well as Muttawi'ah's

• Like 7

Got my consolation order for dropping out of the scale 75 paint kickstarter today:

Wizkids young bronze dragon

Wizkids young copper dragon

Wizkids young black dragon

Wizkids young blue dragon

Wizkids young red dragon

Wizkids wyrmling gold dragon

Wizkids pathfinder ghouls

Wizkids DnD ghouls

Wizkids wraiths

Wizkids children

And  a blue, green, grey, yellow and flesh contrast paints from GW.

Just a few dragons, because indent have enough of those :lol:

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

The Postal Service delivered a little box from the UK yesterday with a double handful of adventurers from Midlam Miniatures.  I recently got a packet of original Metal magic figures (all female), and wanted to gender balance things a bit, so these are all male, from Midlam’s back catalog of molds they acquired from Metal Magic (not that I don’t like their newer stuff as well...).

5CC99C58-F128-43A0-9CA8-3256638A9700.thumb.jpeg.b6d2b3fb1cb234a6c31e19f38c899a61.jpeg

• Like 9
3 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Acquired another Patreon, no one show @Glitterwolf

fondoimmagenpromo4.thumb.jpg.d9fbe97ff6b3a4b83a5c798923de234b.jpg

Holy.... Ohhh my.. 

Nope, nowhere to put a 3d printer, nowhere to put one, nope nope... 

So glad I have a $10k ish "bill" I'll be dealing with (aka project studio / audio gear) that's of much higher priority than some oh so sexy jackals... 

• Like 2