OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Our 3D printer is good for terrain and that is all, it isn't some fancy expensive one

So there is no point in us buying expensive STL files or backing kickstarters for them, we wouldnt be able to print them in any decent detail or quality

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Holy.... Ohhh my.. 

Nope, nowhere to put a 3d printer, nowhere to put one, nope nope... 

So glad I have a $10k ish "bill" I'll be dealing with (aka project studio / audio gear) that's of much higher priority than some oh so sexy jackals... 

So far it's just this one... we've been trying to get them to do an Egyptian KS..

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

So far it's just this one... we've been trying to get them to do an Egyptian KS..

Oh I will mail them as well.

I've backed both KS from them

25 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Our 3D printer is good for terrain and that is all, it isn't some fancy expensive one

So there is no point in us buying expensive STL files or backing kickstarters for them, we wouldnt be able to print them in any decent detail or quality

The Resin Printers are getting more affordable.

I bought an Elegoo Mars for 250 Euro.

With the Saturn coming the price might even drop.

Just saying...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh I will mail them as well.

I've backed both KS from them

The Resin Printers are getting more affordable.

I bought an Elegoo Mars for 250 Euro.

With the Saturn coming the price might even drop.

Just saying...

Yeah, and the Photon Zero is even cheaper. 

The build volume is large enough for a 75mm mini or larger, too, but takes less space than any of the others. 

• Like 5

Much-anticipated package finally came in today:

20200508_163720.thumb.jpg.b68e67c8e92494684ba1fd4bd0ebe285.jpg20200508_163736.thumb.jpg.f05471980bc7393de1835c106722d63d.jpg

Got my package from Gamers Grass today, the alien tufts look fantastic. Going to use them with blue Ultramarines and red martian soil, they'll serve as a great spot colour and also serve to tie the two colours together as well.

• Like 14

my new computer arrived yesterday...in pieces because the pre-built options were either missing critical components, or over my budget.
Not a top-of-the line system, but good enough for what I need
Ryzen 5 1600AF
Gigabyte B450 motherboard
Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5500XT 8Gb
32Gb RAM

500Gb SSD (I already have 4 Gb of HDD, so this is for the boot drive)
new mouse (Roccat Kone AIMO Owl Eye) and new keyboard (Cougar Vantar) - replacing a mouse that's 15+ years old and keyboard of similar vintage
New case (Deep Cool Tesseract, selected because it's design is such that I can actually make use of the available SSD and HDD bays, unlike my current case...)

I would've liked to upgrade the CPU and GPU but couldn't justify the cost increase ($160 for the CPU, $80+ for an nVidia card of the same performance, minimum $140 to go to the next tier). Didn't get a new PSU because the one I've got is fine, unfortunately it's missing a needed connector for the PSU, so I have to track down a suitable adapter (which would be easy to get if I lived in a bigger city!)

Mind you, this is replacing an FX-6100/HD 5770 build, so a significant improvement even though it isn't anywhere near top-of-the-line.

• Like 12

They announced on the (thinks) ...ReaperLand... stream today that coming in June there will be paints in small boxed groups. Not exactly double triads, but groups. Why and How do I....

DDB759A5-27B3-4686-A98C-65773FD64BBE.jpeg

...already have the first two? :upside:

(And with slightly different box graphics no less...)

Edited by TGP
So that was a surprise on today’s show...
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, TGP said:

They announced on the (thinks) ...ReaperLand... stream today that coming in June there will be paints in small boxed groups. Not exactly double triads, but groups. Why and How do I....

DDB759A5-27B3-4686-A98C-65773FD64BBE.jpeg

...already have the first two? :upside:

(And with slightly different box graphics no less...)

Did you get them in your Swag Bag?

• Like 6

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did you get them in your Swag Bag?

I found them hiding.
In a plastic bin.

There were other RCon items in the bin. The associated water cup was dated 2018. 

So, yeah, ...could be??

• Like 6

Reapercon swag from 2018, I think. Last year it was Pathfinder paints. 

I love the "beast" colors but "high coverage" is not a term I'd use with them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

I found them hiding.
In a plastic bin.

There were other RCon items in the bin. The associated water cup was dated 2018. 

So, yeah, ...could be??

6 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Reapercon swag from 2018, I think. Last year it was Pathfinder paints. 

I love the "beast" colors but "high coverage" is not a term I'd use with them. 

What Inarah said. They had just released the paints at Reapercon, so they found their way into swag bags.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Whoo, UPS has drivers out on Saturdays right now as they're trying to keep up on the sheer amount of packages, so my clamps from Lee Valley are in!  (12x Plastic 3/4" clamps).  My three Tertial lights are also in from Ikea, although they shipped the bulbs in another box, that apparently isn't going to arrive until Tuesday.... <_<

IMG_20200509_173623.thumb.jpg.7eb3e1404bec46f3f0dfe66e8dde38ae.jpg

Clamps will be for holding MDF terrain together as it dries (I had a bit of separation in some areas on my Global Evil Corp buildings - these clamps will fix that), and the lights will be used for, well, more lighting.  Hubby will get a second light, I'll regain a second light at my small/detail painting desk (aka my original paint desk), as well as a light over at my "larger scale project" desk (name is tentative, haven't figured out much for that spot just yet, as it's currently being used to help me re-organize the other two desks)

• Like 13

My son is car shopping so we found a deal on cargurus bit it was over in town in ID, so it was nice to get put of town for a few hours. I think personally that may have been in Jan when I came back from LVO....jeesh.

Sadly, the deal was too good to be true. We got to the lot & the guy was weaselly so to speak + no car & he said "I've never dealt with Cargurus......" . We left immediately afterwards.

Anyways, I decided to stop at the game store in that town & I'm now part of the Contrast clan.

Acquired: 

Skeleton Bone

Athermatic blue

Talasar Blue

(Seen on the Nolzur's Facebook page a post using Talasar blue for clear water pieces, but to me Athermatic blue looks better, we shall see)

Apothecary white (thanks to @Jasper_the_2nd for the visual inspiration! )

Also picked up Deep Cuts timber wolves. I should have picked up a couple more. Last I saw on the webs, this one was kinda the beholder in terms on availability & price. It might be past that thou, as I've seen it there & elsewhere lately.

Lastly I was gonna pick up Mando & the child Funkos but I ended up getting Eevee for my daughter. She is more of a Funko fan & is a Pokémon fan + she has been looking for this one. Plus I knew the Contrast were gonna be spendy, anyways. 

• Like 9