OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

So this guy Gloomykid has a lot of free files on Myminifactory, decided to swing $2 to him for Salma this Vampire Queen!

image.png.f1a88aec2d00828e3d4d6cfd0261eda6.png

• Like 12

5 hours ago, haldir said:

The most i ever "collected" of that series was a couple coloring books & some hard plastic & prepainted figures of Kelek & Warduke. Iirc, I got them while I was on vacation with my grandmother in NY. We had limited room as we took the bus across country to see my uncle. I think I was 9 or 10 at the time.

These guys?

LJN1inDandD.jpg.38ae65e5bd5b53ade84fccced70207a4.jpg

They're the 1-inch plastic figures. Missing from this pic are the Mercion and Skyla figures (good cleric and evil illusionist). The only one I'm missing of these is Mercion.

Those coloring books, by the way, now go for about $60 when you can find them...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

These guys?

LJN1inDandD.jpg.38ae65e5bd5b53ade84fccced70207a4.jpg

They're the 1-inch plastic figures. Missing from this pic are the Mercion and Skyla figures (good cleric and evil illusionist). The only one I'm missing of these is Mercion.

Those coloring books, by the way, now go for about $60 when you can find them...

Yup, that is them!! Ah, just chalk up those books into the other "items I played with as a child go for bookoo bucks now" pile....:rolleyes: (oh well i had fun with them & that is what matters)

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yup, that is them!! Ah, just chalk up those books into the other "items I played with as a child go for bookoo bucks now" pile....:rolleyes: (oh well i had fun with them & that is what matters)

Hell, I shot most of my old GI Joe and Star Wars guys with my BB gun, lol - the Joes had rubber bands holding their limbs together inside, so if you hit them right they'd "explode"...  ::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Hell, I shot most of my old GI Joe and Star Wars guys with my BB gun, lol - the Joes had rubber bands holding their limbs together inside, so if you hit them right they'd "explode"...  ::D:

Say that to a serious G.I. joe collector, and he may also explode...   

Today's aquisitions is...   

Volume 9 of Housepets. Just wish that 8 wasn't on backorder...   

And the books 'Even the Wingless'(the first in the 'The Prince's Game' series) and 'Family'(book 5 in the *Dreamhealers' series) by M.C.A. Hogarth.

A couple of others are also on backorder on a certain river site.  

• Like 5

I got my Mister Rogers pop the other day.

8E54CA1A-637B-4FF2-BA11-035A1A0EE321.thumb.jpeg.ade39c3473f34091e700dadb88592dae.jpeg

And here’s my set of the Modern Saints of Kindness

2C7594EC-D70F-4824-8930-2BA8891663A8.thumb.jpeg.212b4fb3bae12109f91052dd6abdbc06.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I called that the Veteran Joes!!

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

2C7594EC-D70F-4824-8930-2BA8891663A8.thumb.jpeg.212b4fb3bae12109f91052dd6abdbc06.jpeg

I need to pick up Bob Ross someday but he has to have Peapod with him!!! (the chase figure IIRC)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I did the same thing!!  Several Star Wars figures got the same treatment...  I make a point of not looking at the value of those toys nowadays... 

• Like 6

Just acquired a LOT of dice off the Kraken Dice Memorial Day sale. Soon enough I'll be able to sleep on them all like a dragon

• Like 10

4BC1EA2C-7CB5-4249-991E-F89A2612C98E.thumb.jpeg.71a71e18dc68657178664724d568cc0a.jpeg

The Postal Service must be behind if they are delivering today, but here’s my 2nd 1930s Buck Rogers mold. And it’s one that @Chris Palmer doesn’t have.

(I say that not as some sort of boast, but because broadening the club combined collection expands our gaming possibilities...)

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 14

8 hours ago, haldir said:

I called that the Veteran Joes!!

I need to pick up Bob Ross someday but he has to have Peapod with him!!! (the chase figure IIRC)

I actually have two and a half Bob Ross pop vinyls. I have the one above, the one with Hoot (owl, obviously), and a bobble head Deadpool Ross, which I figure only counts as half. I’d like to have the Steve Irwin with the turtle, but that’s stupid expensive. Same with the Mister Rogers with the king puppet.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Say that to a serious G.I. joe collector, and he may also explode...   

Can confirm, just had a minor explosion occur.

Personally just got a bunch of older minis. The original Serpent Creeper sculpt from Ral Partha's Personalities and Things That Go Bump In The Night (so I guess I need to track down the "middle sculpt" now since I have the final one too), a Psionic Flayer and a Swordmistress from Asgard Miniatures, Citadel's old FA26 left-handed Fighter in Chainmail and the female Fighter packed in with Grenadier's Guardian Dragon.

• Like 9

And one of my orders of Gundam gashapons has arrived and been inventoried.

x1 1/300ish Marasai with beam rifle [This was an Ooopsie on my part], all the rest are 1/400ish.

x1 Kampfer with bazooka

x1 Kampfer with shotgun

x1 Hi-Zack with autocannon

x4 Hi-Zack with bazooka

x3 Hi-Zack with Heat Hawk [vibroaxe]

x6 Hi-Zack with beam rifle

x2 GM Cannon II with beam rifle

x4 mass produced Guncannon

x2 Char's Gelgoog with beam rifle and naginata

x1 Messala

x1 Gundam Mk II with hyper bazooka

x1 Gerbera Tetra with beam sabre

x2 Marasai with beam sabre

x4 Marasai with beam rifle and Reentry chute [ I got these to give the guns to the ones with beam sabres]

Edited by Brother Jim
Added list of goodies received
  • Like 10

Acquired 4 new POPs from the GameStop memorial day sale

The Lord of the Rings Witch King with Fellbeast

Star Wars: Classic Jawa

Office Space Sticky Note Man Summer Convention 2019

Diablo Tyrael

• Like 8

My wife needed to go into town, so figured I'd tag along. I ended up at the FLGS & after having some meaningful conversation with the owner about re-starting rpgs events again. I picked up the following GW shade:

gw-24-11_1.jpg

I also placed a order (yeah!!!) for the following dice from Metallic Dice Games:

md608.jpg

• Like 14