OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

12 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

At last: SAMANTHA FOX: THE ROLEPLAYING GAME!583475294_SamanthaFoxRolePlayingGame.jpg.cc69af4dbf0352db80af34edc8845eac.jpg

Please tell me there are more of those 

That was the old twin D34 system, right?

;-)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Bought new 3D Files, as a Patreon I got 50% off.

Amazones from Artisan Guild.

One of their fighters was a freebie and I'm already painting her, but all in all I wanted this set for a long time.

amazone.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

20200603_114400.thumb.jpg.4050870738ec2f4ad9846f8487c0174a.jpg

Ran by the FLGS yesterday and grabbed some Bones and Wizkids minis as well as some greenstuff as the only stuff I can find to so old I can't mix it.

Also ran by Harbor Freight for some consumables.

• Like 12

23 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I believe I have 'Samantha Fox Strip Poker' for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum somewhere. 

Quite disappointing really. Not only is te computer a pretty weak player, but the pictures are really, really grainy... 

There's a gameplay video on YouTube for the Commodore version; I will not link to it for fear Ladystorm would take me to task for linking to exposed highly pixellated boobies.

It does stand as a rather amusing example of what our ancient forebears of the mid eighties thought of as entertainment.

16 hours ago, Broonkah said:

Please tell me there are more of those 

That was the old twin D34 system, right?

vvv.jpg.a05fae216648cce6d590b9791f5e295e.jpg
;-)

I am a member of a Facebook group, Fans Of The Dead Games Society. It's a discussion group for people who enjoy older RPGs that are no longer in print or supported. Great place for hearing about obscure old games and discussing them.

I ran across a photoshopped picture of "The Samantha Fox Role Playing Game" in my archives, and for a lark, created a front and back cover in MS Paint, printed them, and glued them to an old children's book I bought at a used bookstore for a buck. Then I posted some pics on the Facebook group. I figured anyone who was interested would Google it, and figure out I was joking.

Turns out that if you Google it properly, you are led back to the Reaper Forums, where I posted the original photoshopped picture and an extensive review of the game two years ago, and promptly forgot about...... HERE, where everyone KNOWS not to take me too seriously. Several people assumed the game existed (not noticing that Tom O. Bedlam was talking about a game reviewed here two years ago by one Dr. Bedlam) and started scouring eBay for copies.

I've spent a couple days now PMing people and apologizing and hoping they weren't too irate or frustrated about the joke....

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Hell, write up some rules and stuff them inside - I'll buy a copy, lol...

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Amazones from Artisan Guild.

I've seen some of their stuff on EvilBuy - they've got some interesting figures...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Hell, write up some rules and stuff them inside - I'll buy a copy, lol...

I've seen some of their stuff on EvilBuy - they've got some interesting figures...

The book's current guts are the printed out PDF from the recent "Monsters! Monsters!" 2nd edition Kickstarter.

I have considered pulling them out and replacing them with a printout of the PDF "Busty Barbarian Bimbos: The RPG." At least the cover and interior art would somewhat match the cover.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I am a member of a Facebook group, Fans Of The Dead Games Society. It's a discussion group for people who enjoy older RPGs that are no longer in print or supported. Great place for hearing about obscure old games and discussing them.

I ran across a photoshopped picture of "The Samantha Fox Role Playing Game" in my archives, and for a lark, created a front and back cover in MS Paint, printed them, and glued them to an old children's book I bought at a used bookstore for a buck. 

Brilliant ruse.  I remember a lot of odd rpgs from the 80s, and couldn’t imagine I had missed buying that one. 

And if you are not up to another ruse, I will look for BBB the rpg.  Which I assume is along the lines of Macho Women with guns. 

Thanks for the laugh

• Like 3

well, I finally have my new computer back and it appears to be operational (at least it damn well boots up and the OS isn't corrupted).

Still not entirely sure whether the issues I was experiencing were due to a faulty motherboard or something else, but at least it's running.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Broonkah said:

Brilliant ruse.  I remember a lot of odd rpgs from the 80s, and couldn’t imagine I had missed buying that one. 

And if you are not up to another ruse, I will look for BBB the rpg.  Which I assume is along the lines of Macho Women with guns. 

Thanks for the laugh

BBB is on Amazon.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

They come as 3D printable STL files, there are some people who are licensed to sell the printed minis themselves as well.

I became a patreon for the files, they are 32mm by default, when printing them at 85% to 90% you will get them to 28mm approx.

Since I paint for fun/display i just leave them at the 32mm, and since Reaper Warlord /Warhammer /KOW are Heroic Scale these days they don't seem out of place.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

The Artisans Guild minis also look good when scaled up... 

I saw a copy of Telaxia ( Mermaid Pinup NSFW) at 200% printed and she looked awesome that way.

Sincerely considering something like that.

• Like 4

Picked up a breadbox today...  

breadbox.thumb.jpg.f5178b303b258af6cf1fda2546f16074.jpg

Yes, it's pink and gold...  

Yes, they also had a stylish black one...  

But the pink was on sale at half the price of the black box. 

And no, it will never be used for bread. I've already glued in place 3 strps of UV LEDs around the sides, on the inside, 4 short strips across the bottom, and 4 strips across the underside of the lid.  

I think I left 4 or 5 'links' of the LED tape. Now I just need to solder on some bits of wire before I can test it...   

So, it'll probably be finished in 2029 if I stick to the usual schedule... 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1