Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received.. practically all the animal familiars this past week. It includes a bear... and a koala... and I thiiiiink I spotted a penguin in the mix.. Oh and I was pleasantly surprised to see a raccoon because for some reason I didn't realize there was a raccoon when I ordered it.

• Like 10

Wife bought this for me for my birthday.  Took a while to ship, so missed the actual day and arrived while I was out of town.

Funeral Witch from Etherfields.  I received #42 of a 200 copy limited run.  I think this is the most complex model that I have.  Came with the wooden box.  Sorry for the blurry pics, my cell phone camera lens has gotten scratched over the years.

IMG_20170826_094904.thumb.jpg.a7706ceb28d606fff48f7c0480b9f87e.jpg

IMG_20170826_094912.thumb.jpg.0a073e2327fb3cf3a2488ed5704cfd94.jpg

ImageProvider.jpeg.460b841d5988d5df02aa9a6a677079d2.jpeg

• Like 15

My Del Rey Robert E. Howard book collection arrived on Friday.  It contains the complete Conan, Kull, Solomon Kane, El Borak, and Bran Mak Morn stories, as well as his historical fiction.  Reading them should keep me off the streets and out of trouble for a bit . . .

The Egg

• Like 10

On 8/25/2017 at 10:09 AM, Zink said:

I like the army painter washes. I've had a 7 bottle set for years. The soft, strong and dark shades get a lot of use. The different colours not so much except maybe green.

I've had the 2 out of the 3 brown/black shades for quite awhile & I really like them. It was either a big pot of Strong or the 11 bottle wash set when I ordered. I like multiple colors so the set won out.

Ended up going over to Boise...again (3 times for me last week, 4 for my wife...I'm done with Boise till October..) but ended up getting 3 bottles of paint at Hobbytown:

Vallejo Matte Medium

Army painter: Steel Plate (never have used their metallics so this will be a first)

Vampire Red (Again, never really have played with their paints so figured I'd start)

• Like 9

I have the first  AP Megaset...

The washes are still in my racks, but the rest of the paints are packed away in a box somewhere.  

Maybe they'll be useful if you dump out enough to drop in an agitator bead and leave some room, then give them a looooong ride on a shaker. 

(AP bottles are closer to 17ml in size than Reapers, so there's not much room for the liquid to move around when you shake a fresh bottle. )

And you can't really dump out paint before you have it mixed up properly, or you end up dumping the wrong proportion of liquids and pigments.

• Like 3

I acquired a set of tournament cards for Mystic Vale.  I still have to meet the achievements in the tournament booklet to be able to win the resource tokens, but I have the rest of the month to do that.

And someone gave me a pair of "double d6s" that they got from a KS,  A 12 sided die, with pips numbering from 1 to 6, repeated twice.  I find them surprisingly cool.

• Like 8