Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered a 12TB WD HDD because one of the 4TB HDDs in my NAS is beginning to throw up IO errors. 

Sure, I won't be able to use more than 4TB of the new HDD, but I know that I'll have to upgrade the HDDs sooner or later...

(1Hour programs ripped using the HDMI recorder takes 1.2 - 1.5GB each at 720p. There's all these Patreons and Kickstarters with 3D print files... and so on...  )

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Just ordered a 12TB WD HDD because one of the 4TB HDDs in my NAS is beginning to throw up IO errors. 

Sure, I won't be able to use more than 4TB of the new HDD, but I know that I'll have to upgrade the HDDs sooner or later...

(1Hour programs ripped using the HDMI recorder takes 1.2 - 1.5GB each at 720p. There's all these Patreons and Kickstarters with 3D print files... and so on...  )

I'm used to you speaking English, stop that!

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I like those, but don't want to think on what they cost...or if they require you to have a fancy 3D printer 

I will try to throw up an image if the welcome dragon i printed out last month.  It was printed at .2mm (the draft print setting) and it came out pretty nice, although i am still looking at how to do some of the supports to ensure they stick less

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

really wish wash medium was available in much bigger bottles.

Are you using it for washes or something else?  I have a bottle, but haven't used it much, if at all, yet.  I wonder what alternative products come in larger bottles for those that use it frequently.  I know some make their own washes from various products like water, matte medium and flow aid.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Serenity said:

Are you using it for washes or something else?  I have a bottle, but haven't used it much, if at all, yet.  I wonder what alternative products come in larger bottles for those that use it frequently.  I know some make their own washes from various products like water, matte medium and flow aid.

washes. I end up using it at least to some degree on every single mini

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm used to you speaking English, stop that!

Sorry, had to let my inner geek out a little bit... 

If you want, I could nerd out on analog photography instead and do a rant about why 'focal length' is a nonsense number these days... 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 5