Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

really wish wash medium was available in much bigger bottles.

I agree, I wish it were possible to get washes, liners, and primers in 2 Oz bottles.  Makes life a lot easier when you know you go through such.  I greatly prefer a 2 Oz bottle sitting on the desk instead of having to order 4+ smaller bottles, knowing I'll chew through them in short order... 

• Like 6

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/2/2020 at 12:53 AM, Serenity said:

Do those come with decals?  Freehanding the numbers and names would not be fun.  Also, about how big is unpainted Enterprise?

No decals. I didn’t bother with trying to paint the numbers and names. The ships are all roughly the same size, not to scale with each other. The Enterprise is about two inches long.

the ships are from the Star Trek Fleet Captains board game. The DS9 is from the Attack Wing miniatures game. I don’t have any other Attack Wing stuff so I don’t know anything about those regarding scale/decals/etc.

I bought DS9 because it’s my favorite of the Star Treks. It’ll be for display not for playing. I expected it to be much smaller, closer to the Christmas ornament that @Kangaroorex mentioned.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The attack wing stuff are the exact same models as the fleet captains game.

There is NO exact scale, they're made to fit in a package.

But the Prometheus class was "close enough" to 1/7000 for me to be happy with.

The Galaxy class is perfect for an Ambassador class at 1/7000 (I ignore that it doesn't look quite right).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Woot, new chair is here!  

I spent the last 1 hour conference call putting it together, so now I can enjoy it in this next 1 hour conference call......go Monday.......

Tat's the first time I've ever heard of someone getting anything constructive done during a conference call... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Tat's the first time I've ever heard of someone getting anything constructive done during a conference call... 

I've assembled terrain during a mandatory call (that of course wasn't inportant in the end). 

But assembling the 3rd or 4th kit of the same thing tends to be mindless, so at least it was doubling up on the mindless activity? 

And on topic for the thread, just a few more hours and I can go pick up that package, whoo! More minis, can't wait! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

If I can get away without having video on I'll sit there painting or assembling models during conference calls...

Or be doing other work in the background...I've had at least one where I finished a task I was assigned during the call before the end of the call...

• Like 9

Infinity box one of two has arrived. Well, box containing Infinity stuff that is ^_^

20200706_191951.thumb.jpg.c75c250738c3b8e5b51ee806abf01ec0.jpg

Code One rulebook, Beond Kaldstrom, PanO and Yu Jing Support Packs, Dire Foes: Retaliation, and the HaqqIslam remotes since I didn't have that box for my Haqq force. 

Now to impatiently wait for the other Infinity box to come in - sadly it wasn't picked up until today by CanadaPost so I probably won't see it until Friday.  On the other paw, my new brushes for my terrain are going to be notice carded tomorrow, apparently, so that's a good thing... 

• Like 9

On 7/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, Gadgetman! said:

Sorry, had to let my inner geek out a little bit... 

If you want, I could nerd out on analog photography instead and do a rant about why 'focal length' is a nonsense number these days... 

Hey, I had the 35mm SLR out last weekend for pics with the g'kids! Woohoo!

And my Badger Anniversary Sotar arrived today, man it is nice! So now I can leave to old Paasche for priming and larger stuff and use the Sotar with the detail nozzle for well, details.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

And my Badger Anniversary Sotar arrived today, man it is nice! So now I can leave to old Paasche for priming and larger stuff and use the Sotar with the detail nozzle for well, details.

I have a couple of Olympus SLRs, a Zenit with M42 mount I'm rebuilding(needs a new light sensor), and a few Nikons I've saved from the skip.

I don't use any of those these days.

I mostly use my ONDURama 17x6 panoramic pinhole(120film, 130degrees) and my Zenit 202(135film, 120degree 'swing lens' panoramic)

Waiting on a programmable Darkroom Timer (The Maya, IGG project)

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

That Sotar the all gold one?

I bought a '69 Dodge Charger! Ok so it was a model kit & it arrived by ebay/mail yesterday. :lol:

My General Lee model is finally coming together! I just need correct wheels.

20200704_201021.jpg

• Like 10

I’m in an ongoing quest to upgrade my tabletop scenery.  A few months ago I got a table-sized mousepad-type mat from Frontline Games.  I’ve been pretty happy with it, so I ordered two smaller mats, an urban one to be used with my upcoming urban fantasy game, and a generic grass one for general skirmish games.  These are apparently for something called Kill Team and come in the oddly specific size of 30” by 22”...

955A3C29-4B59-446F-A86B-7E14E9190251.thumb.jpeg.c82dd453366e642809b6356541769eea.jpeg

The package arrived yesterday, so a small skirmish game at least will be on the menu soon.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

These are apparently for something called Kill Team and come in the oddly specific size of 30” by 22”...

Oooh, those are some nice looking mats... 

I'm hoping we will start seeing Code One 15 point mat sizes being offered up as well (24x32") by companies. Corvus Belli went with the poster size they regularly use (25 points is played on a 32x48" board for example) in their box sets.. 

Kind of wish more companies could agree on sizes ^_^

• Like 7

On 7/7/2020 at 9:56 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooh, those are some nice looking mats... 

I'm hoping we will start seeing Code One 15 point mat sizes being offered up as well (24x32") by companies. Corvus Belli went with the poster size they regularly use (25 points is played on a 32x48" board for example) in their box sets.. 

Kind of wish more companies could agree on sizes ^_^

Yes.  There are a fair number of 2x2 and 3x3 recommend size games out there, and one could always play a game on a larger-than-recommended surface, but it is a little annoying.

• Like 5