Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

More goodies have arrived, this time from Monument Hobbies / Creature Caster!

20200708_173618.thumb.jpg.61f2c402cf194852465a40568487aa2f.jpg

Bomb Wick Artillery Brush Set for my terrain and other larger projects, plus two packs of glass agitators. Theirs appear to be somewhat larger than Warcolours, and more importantly, I can actually order them! 

Also snagged a thing of Gorilla superglue, since Home Depot was right next door to the post office. 

• Like 10

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally forgot to post! I preordered this back when the Australia fires were still going from PopCultcha & it arrived earlier this week.

20200709_123744.jpg

20200709_123732.jpg

I also purchase some digital figure files off myminifactory. Mainly for my weekly AL game:

Venus (Artisan Guild)

720X720-venusbust1-1.jpg

The Disciple of Puppets (TigerSkullRPG)

720X720-disciple-of-puppets-model.jpg

(awesome helmed horror proxy!!!)

Bulck Grassbreath (Fabioschizzo Miniatures)

720X720-bulck-grassbreath.jpg

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Bulck looks AMAZING.. I wanna paint him! 

Yah, I really like that sculptor's work. I joined his Patreon last month but due to personal reasons, he gonna have to shut it down, so he's giving current members a free month for August & then who knows if it'll continue. Btw, Bulck has 3 options, the axe, dual tiger claws or single tiger claw. 

For my purposes, he'll be a badass gnoll the PCs have to encounter in a couple weeks. He's part of a bounty hunter group that assualts the town they are staying in. Technically, he is suppose to be a she. :lol: I gender swapped him with the ogre as I found a killer female ogre (which I got as well, I just forgot to put it up)

720X720-ogre-e-f-supports.jpg

(I'm not  sure which one she'll be, now. ha ha)

• Like 9

I have managed to acquire things!

Not much, Tsuro of the Seas, 25 blue D10s and 50 (yes, that's not a typo, I said "50") red D10s.  I'm hoping to get the folks into Tsuro, or at least have another game beyond Splendor to play with them.  The dice will be used as health and strain counters for Imperial Assault.  I felt it would be better than a bunch of counters that fly all over the place.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Got any good leads on where someone can get bulk dice? I kind of would like to be able to get a dozen or so d20's that are the same colour/pattern without having to buy a bunch of sets... 

I got mine off "the River."  I did check, but didn't see any bulk identical D20s.  I would follow Corsair's recommendation for Chessex, or try to find a vender for Koplow...I think they're still in the dice game.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Got any good leads on where someone can get bulk dice? I kind of would like to be able to get a dozen or so d20's that are the same colour/pattern without having to buy a bunch of sets... 

While it really doesn't help you, my flgs has a singles option for dice buying. Anything like that up in your neighborhood? 

• Like 4

Yesterday I picked up a sexy looking Samson microphone for my HP Pavilion. The idea being that with the mic Cap'n John could do video style counseling session with his Alzheimer's counselor.

Should my cochlear surgery prove sucessful, I could use the thing to chat with my children & grandchildren...that would be a blessing beyond belief. This what the Beasty looks like:

DSCN9797.thumb.JPG.78b481cb600aa904d34113d12396a130.JPG

For those interested in such things. the halo of florescent light is due to taking photos through the ring of what used to be a magnified florescent lamp. I have my camera set for that type of lighting.

• Like 15

13 hours ago, haldir said:

While it really doesn't help you, my flgs has a singles option for dice buying. Anything like that up in your neighborhood? 

The big problem I'm facing is my delivery route with work doesn't really take me near the game store I like to deal with, and there's no guarantee I'd even be in the area...  And right now, I'd rather not be taking the bus anywhere (doubly so since despite bringing fares back into the mix, they're still running on a modified Saturday schedule, which means some of the buses I'd want to take are on hourly schedules).  Sadly, nothing actually local to me, if we don't include a bus ride.

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Ordered the most un-Infinity of all the Infinity minis (admittedly he's from the Arista line, so I don't think it really counts) to bulk out a paint order, Full Metal Kozmo!:-

full-metal-kozmo.jpg

Been meaning to order him for ages, he's so dang JRPGy!

You aren't kidding, they look like they'd fit into the world of FF9 easily, or a decent amount of JRPGs!

• Like 4