Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Picked up few more files this morning. One due to I had code from a Patreon I'm in:

Rakshasa (Rocket Pig Games)

720X720-store-thumbnail-rakshasa.jpg

(note the hands aren't backwards, apparently this is WOTC trademark......:rock:)

720X720-ancient-battle-drone-male-1.jpg

720X720-ancient-battle-drone-female-1.jp

Love Dark Realms offerings! He really has allot of Eberron "Inspired" pieces. The male with the banner will be the leader of the warforged band, my Monday night PCs will encounter.

Elise - Wizard's Apprentice (RN Estudio)

720X720-elisa.jpg

Also, my wife & I went to probably my favorite restaurant in town tonight for dinner. It was nice to actually eat there (vs takeout).

Spaced off, also finally got a package of 25mm plastic bases (around 100) off ebay. Took forever to get here thou. I ordered like around 23rd last month & yes it was a US seller........:rolleyes:

• Like 12
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory!!

20200710_IMG_0866.jpg.d41557b3b73cd9362c7d4ed37580f957.jpg

My awesome LFGS found a box of these that they had held for someone since they came out (pre-pandemic) who had never picked them up.  Guess who they messaged to see if he wanted them?  ::D:

That gives me all of the Imperial units currently available. Now, I just have to assemble most of them, and paint almost everything......

• Like 12

Finally picked up the last of the villains I needed for the 3rd adventure in the Eberron AL game. Saal is the main villain, Ghanji is one of his associates. Looking forward to running the group of mercs vs the PCs that night.

Merc band consists of

Saal (half-orc fighter with magical flying daggers)

Ghanji (full orc monk with tiger claws (he has 6 attacks as a D6 recharge attack) It was sword blades gauntlets but since Heroforge doesn't have this option I went with the tiger claws)

Gorg Bor Rogan, a female ogre, I'm gender swapping this one due to I couldn't find any female gnolls I liked. I'll be using Artisan Guild ogress for this one.

Yrgna Bloodfist, a male gnoll, again swapping the gender, I'll use a gnoll I posted a couple days ago for this one.

Each character above has either a special defense or offense. The ones below are the creatures from the Monster Manual.

Sardzarka. Iron Cobra with the soul of a murderous female elf inside it

Indomitus, a helmed horror. I'll use a suit of animated armor I posted on here the same day as the gnoll.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (12).png

• Like 11

@haldir  Why do Battledrones need to be gendered?  … :huh: … Cool figures to be sure.

In other news I am having a sad. I have acquired a pair of weird blue nose-cone parts for my bitz box. They'll go in the Sci-Fi section…

On 7/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, haldir said:

(note the hands aren't backwards, apparently this is WOTC trademark......:rock:)

Are we sure about that?

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

How else would you know how to address the murderous robot looking to obliterate you by their honorifics?

If I felt like fussing with honorifics (in such a situation) "Dear Sir or Madam, kindly fall into a pile of rust!" would have to serve.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
7 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

How else would you know which honourifics to address the murderous robot looking to obliterate you by?

Murderbot prefers the gender neutral terms: it, they, them.*  **

It leaves the gender specific terms to other models, designed for other purposes.....

* at least as far as I have gotten in the series......

** just screaming and running away is also considered an acceptable form of address.

• Haha 8
15 hours ago, TGP said:

@haldir  Why do Battledrones need to be gendered?  … :huh: … Cool figures to be sure.

It's called out in the adventure. I'm just swapping 1 for 1 as far representation. Again, about the only female gnoll I know is the Reaper One & she really didn't fit what I wanted the character to feel like. Same with the ogress & I really liked the Artisan Guild one. ::D:

15 hours ago, TGP said:

Are we sure about that?

According to Rocket Pig it is. Someone asked on mmf & that was their response. Every non-WoTC rakshasa 3d file has the wrists not turned.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, haldir said:

It's called out in the adventure. I'm just swapping 1 for 1 as far representation. Again, about the only female gnoll I know is the Reaper One & she really didn't fit what I wanted the character to feel like. Same with the ogress & I really liked the Artisan Guild one. ::D:

According to Rocket Pig it is. Someone asked on mmf & that was their response. Every non-WoTC rakshasa 3d file has the wrists not turned.

To be honest I never liked the look of the backwards hands, I rather see the normal hands.

Weretiger!

Looks great BTW!

• Like 6

The End Times is at hand! 

Angels weep, the ground is splitting, Trump's hair is on the Tonight show... 

My box of minis from Midlam is RED!

They've always had such nice, inconspicious white boxes, but...   

Anyway, loads of minis(ordered the first two Halfling Councils and a few other minis I didn't hav) and the castings are perfect as usual.

And there's a 4page comic about a rat catcher...

The second was a book from Osprey about French WWI Tanks. 

And the third came from Poland and contained a resin Harpy bust. 

(Ignis Art Alkonost)

• Like 9

Second box of goodies is now in....

20200713_202822.thumb.jpg.5a615ded5ec7583cda4e5746333ae00d.jpg

^Oh sweet, wound up getting the pre-order bonus mini, niiiiiice!

20200713_202910.thumb.jpg.b380414ed43603c7d9f57868bde32c0c.jpg

^A few extra minis for my Foxes Who Yip At the Moon (my HaqqIslam Infinity force), and a nice wuffy for Rune, because he likes them murder-wolves...

20200713_203017.thumb.jpg.e694276f007c4b65e1ab6a00769438dc.jpg

^And uh, yeah.  Grasslands (C I think?)/ Alpine, since, well, I wanted to see one in person.  Now I want the other three, through Canadian sources, because they're the same price, but in Canadian dollars, so, uh, yeah, no brainer there.  If curious as to how some of the mats look (I didn't have room to unfurl the whole things), see spoiler.

Spoiler

20200713_203118.thumb.jpg.2c313a2c44cb7db500ac4c29969a3c7e.jpg20200713_203147.thumb.jpg.8a4c01f35d6b85be55c752406c2a7157.jpg

• Like 8

New Acquisitions! 

Caturday.jpg.05067eaffb0ce2c5fc75d3ff76096971.jpg

Butterbean and Linn-Miranda 

From the Denver Cat Company,  formerly a cat rescue/adoption center/coffee-shop/bookstore. 

currently not serving coffee, just play time with cats.  (& adoptions) 

they are both affectionate and playful and really well socialized.  

I only meant to get one, but felt he would be so lonely after constant playtime with dozens of kittens and a steady stream of people. 

the wife and spawn needed less persuasion than I did. 

we have been cat-less since march. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I need a piece of metal pipe or something to fix a wheelbarrow(spacers on the wheel) so I did a bit of dumpster diving during a break today...

guess what I found in the metal recyclable container?

To anyone guessing 'a couple of pieces of metal of the exact dimensions required', please take off your rose-tinted glasses...   

No, what I found, in it's plastic case even, was this beauty:

planix7.jpg.7a5ede09bdd382ee402b05759c933d46.jpg

(Stock photo, but besides the addition of a sticer from the previous owner, this one is mint)

That's a Tamaya Planix 7 'planimeter'. 

A device that you move around on a map or whatever, and it'll tell you how large an area you marked. Irregular shapes and all. 

And it's the 7 model, with options for different units and scales. Goody!

The only issue seems to be that the battery is completely dead. 

And it's a 3cell (2/3AAA size) Ni-cad pack...   

Sure, it would work with a Ni-mh pack but the charging system is slightly different, so I think I'll do the safe thing and track down something with the right chemistry. 

This model Planimeter seems to go for around $100 on evilBay... 

(Nope, not going to sell it. I collect weird stuff like this)

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 8

Two boxes arrived with more vintage molds yesterday.  (Why buy toys when you could buy a toy factory instead?)

One was a farily conventional WWI soldiers mold:

22151BF1-9328-4246-A026-14A20171B309.thumb.jpeg.754b4e91d8ee4407df4d3991664f976e.jpeg

The other, to add to the once and future retro SF project, is one of two Flash Gordon molds that were made:

8044C38D-850A-4C5D-91D0-DCB2055AB190.thumb.jpeg.9c507670df4d8e58fb7056607c640110.jpeg

Back around 1996, our club (including @Chris Palmer) made a bulk order with the Eccles Brothers, collectors of molds and purveyors of castings, for a Buck Rogers game.  We also threw in the Flash Gordon figures, because, why not?  However, neither of those molds ever fell into our hands.

The Flash Gordon mold also came with an interesting bit of ephemera, a Home Foundry catalog:

1AC460B7-2757-4BAA-B9A9-882B1283E401.thumb.jpeg.2b125ee29fb41bc876046c03d2ad70df.jpeg

Molds available for separate order run to four pages:

D37AC1DD-C787-4F80-A14F-C17BE42CBFE0.thumb.jpeg.38e49774ccad4d16ba04f088ebee8b5d.jpeg

5FEEEA55-28B3-4E84-B1C1-FDAAB6711D8D.thumb.jpeg.42eff76b692d9b4726e2215b2b3d67cd.jpeg

Watching sales, it’s clear that some of these are very scarce.  Others were passed down from one company to another until Castings, Inc. went out of business on the passing of its owner last fall.  I’m idly considering what sort of game would involve every vintage mold I have...

• Like 14