Sign in to follow this  
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

No bike to go with it, of course.  Found out at lunch the local car club was having an autoslalom tomorrow.  My old helmet was WAY past being valid (I haven't done a slalom in......a while) so got chucked when we moved.

I know that feeling, my current helmet is SA2005, so yeah, just a bit out of date... 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I know that feeling, my current helmet is SA2005, so yeah, just a bit out of date... 

I feel like there is a movie or a MEME in here:  When safety equipment goes bad!

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I feel like there is a movie or a MEME in here:  When safety equipment goes bad!

It stands for "Sports Application", but many in the autocross world refer to them as "Special Automotive", because they're specifically designed to be fire-resistant, as well as survive an impact (or several) with a roll bar / roll cage.  They're good skull buckets, but they get warm quick.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I do want to hear how it goes.

Well after I changed my FEP, I did exposure tests & I'm getting full LCD pattern on all 3 tests. I decided after I re-leveled the plate to just go ahead & print the boggles. They are 3 hour prints so if they don't come out I'll know to change it.

• Like 6

YET MORE EXCITEMENT! I got a small order of paints from Blick's yesterday afternoon: 1 ounce bottles of Utrecht cerulean blue, cobalt blue, light violet, red violet(3), transparent red oxide(2), true gold, vermilion, AND naphthol red:

DSCN9967.thumb.JPG.7955a951fe872b469707db07a88699e4.JPG

Blick & their products are OUTSTANDING.

• Like 15

Hubby and I went and got shingles and flu vaccinations yesterday. We both feel cruddy this morning, but at least that means the immune system is busy doing what is supposed to do.  Strangely, my shingles arm hurts most, while my hubby's flu shot arm hurts him the most.

In other news, I have gotten my voter registration card, and I sent in a request for a mail in ballot yesterday.  Woot, no more taxation without representation for me!

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, malefactus said:

YET MORE EXCITEMENT! I got a small order of paints from Blick's yesterday afternoon: 1 ounce bottles of Utrecht cerulean blue, cobalt blue, light violet, red violet(3), transparent red oxide(2), true gold, vermilion, AND naphthol red:

DSCN9967.thumb.JPG.7955a951fe872b469707db07a88699e4.JPG

Blick & their products are OUTSTANDING.

Let us know the specifics!  Especially how they compare to Reaper and Vallejo paints.  Sometimes I really want to know I am using a single pigment and that can be hard to do with reaper colors (though they are getting better at that, pthalo green sees a lot of use as does burnt umber)

• Like 6

I'm curious too.. I've been using a lot more Golden high flow acrylics for my fluros, but I hear Vallejo makes fluid acrylics and now there is Utrecht.  this becomes dangerous lol

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Let us know the specifics!  Especially how they compare to Reaper and Vallejo paints.  Sometimes I really want to know I am using a single pigment and that can be hard to do with reaper colors (though they are getting better at that, pthalo green sees a lot of use as does burnt umber)

Sorry, Kangaroorex. I can't give you a comparison to Reaper or Vallejo; re, I have never used either of their paints.

I will give my impression of Utrecht's paints when I use them...first impression is that the intensity of color is striking.

23 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm curious too.. I've been using a lot more Golden high flow acrylics for my fluros, but I hear Vallejo makes fluid acrylics and now there is Utrecht.  this becomes dangerous lol

...it gets worse. Blick offers other brands of fluid acrylics as well.

• Like 6

My nocturna kickstarter pledge arrived. I honestly do not remember ordering figures which means my mind is going and my excel sheet is outdated. Didn't realize the paints were coming in pots. Sadness.

20200913_135801.thumb.jpg.5d860b18368d985a1db3b808cb8ac6bc.jpg

20200913_140047.thumb.jpg.af9abd54ebb2754b562bf1cd8556d81c.jpg

I won $35 in giveaway from pippd and bought a few things to hit free shipping. They also ran a promo for 2 free items during reapercon. Bought a platypus keychain, 7 freeblade figures (names are on bottom of blister packs), and chose two reaper items as my freebies.

20200913_141926.thumb.jpg.9f1bce44d0b654fa63f890cd5b78ac96.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

20200913_140047.thumb.jpg.af9abd54ebb2754b562bf1cd8556d81c.jpg

Those appear to be nice looking colors.

• Like 4

On 9/9/2020 at 7:59 AM, haldir said:

Spaced off posting this one (hell it's even in the Notepad, ready to copied......)

Last of my ReaperCon orders placed:

Turbo Dork (gotta love 15% gift code!)

Miami Sunset Turboshift Acrylic Paint
Molten Mantle Turboshift Acrylic Paint
Lunar Eclipse Turboshift Acrylic Paint
Wave Length Turboshift Acrylic Paint

Probably be my last TD order for a bit as I really need to organize those. ha ha

Reaper: (gotta love 50% off!! Also the gift codes qualify for a free mini!)

04005 Pizza Dungeon Animatronic Kobolds (3) - 10.99 x 1 10.99
04012 Asandris Nightbloom, Female Druid - 8.99 x 1 8.99
04025 Brinewind Fisherman - 7.99 x 1 7.99
04026 Pirate with spyglass - 9.99 x 1 9.99
04027 Pirate Mousling Crew - 12.99 x 1 12.99
04028 Barnabus Frost, Pirate Lord of Brinewind - 8.99 x 1 8.99
09161 Shield Brown - 3.69 x 1 3.69
09198 Tarnished Brass - 3.69 x 1 3.69
09485 Meadow Green - 3.69 x 1 3.69
09491 Minotaur Hide - 3.69 x 1 3.69
09496 Reliquary Gold - 3.69 x 1 3.69
77667 Ava Justinia, Female Templar - 2.99 x 1 2.99
04011 Maskarr Stoneskin, Half-Giant Warrior x 1 FREE
04014 Jada Twinsuns, Female Paladin x 1

FREE

Well T-Dork order came today. Good looking colors!

• Like 3