Jump to content
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Recommended Posts

I received the new Rime of the Frostmaiden before midnight last night on D&D Beyond.

 

Looks like it'll be fun to adventure to run. Looking forward to the GF9 figures I order from my shop, especially the Chardalyn(sp) dragon contruct. Thou, it may be awhile till I actually get those minis, depending on when they release & show up at my FLGS.

 

Bad thing about DDB releases, no physical map included....::(: I like gaming maps.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popped over to the LFGS tonight.  My pre-orders for the new Star Wars Legion units were in, as well as some Rebel scum, err, boxes I still needed.

 

20200915_IMG_1025.jpg.7cc4a2266e52f2eb26f95646d83a5d8a.jpg

 

2 boxes of Imperial Inferno Squad, 2 boxes of Rebel Clan Wren (woohoo, Mandalorians!!), and 1 box each of Rebel Specialists, Rebel Pathfinders, and a T-47 Airspeeder.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 5:34 PM, pcktlnt said:

20200913_140047.thumb.jpg.af9abd54ebb2754b562bf1cd8556d81c.jpg

 

Oooh then maybe my inks will show up soon

 

Apparently I had a bottle of Vallejo Metal Color Steel on back order at Michigan Toy Soldier and didnt realize it.. it showed up yesterday..

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Bought this 3d File Oleana the Werewolf Queen from White Werewolf Tavern

 

image.png.40cbd10c73ccde8417cca39f50ba7f91.png

 

I've seen this on FB & I've been trying to figure out how to get this printed in resin vs. trying to print it myself.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TripleH said:

 

I've seen this on FB & I've been trying to figure out how to get this printed in resin vs. trying to print it myself.

 

Do you mean you have a filament printer and not a resin one?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Bought this 3d File Oleana the Werewolf Queen from White Werewolf Tavern

 

image.png.40cbd10c73ccde8417cca39f50ba7f91.png

 

Figures you'd seen thatt one. ^_^

 

Picked up the Depth Ones pre-supported bundle off MMF today. Gotta love Patreon discount!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan of the Dresden Files novels, so when the RPG came out, I was certainly interested. But I didn't want to pay $100 for two hardback books for a system I might never play.

Yesterday, I went to 2nd and Charles, a local used bookstore. They have a "Free Bin" out front; anything they don't think they can sell goes in that bin. It's usually old automotive manuals, ancient college textbooks, and so forth. Still, I like to dig through it; you do find treasures on occasion.

And yesterday, I found:

*Both Dresden Files RPG core books
*Pathfinder's "Hook Mountain" adventure
*Pathfinder's "Skull and Shackles" map pack

For free. Slight water damage, which was enough to make the store think, "Ehh, no one will want this," and they tossed it in the free bin.

Whoever you are out there who had a slight flood in his house? Thank you.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I'm a big fan of the Dresden Files novels, so when the RPG came out, I was certainly interested. But I didn't want to pay $100 for two hardback books for a system I might never play.

Yesterday, I went to 2nd and Charles, a local used bookstore. They have a "Free Bin" out front; anything they don't think they can sell goes in that bin. It's usually old automotive manuals, ancient college textbooks, and so forth. Still, I like to dig through it; you do find treasures on occasion.

And yesterday, I found:

*Both Dresden Files RPG core books
*Pathfinder's "Hook Mountain" adventure
*Pathfinder's "Skull and Shackles" map pack

For free. Slight water damage, which was enough to make the store think, "Ehh, no one will want this," and they tossed it in the free bin.

Whoever you are out there who had a slight flood in his house? Thank you.

Its not a bad system.  FATE is okay as a system but the way this game is designed you gotta know the Dresden universe or you are going to be confused and have difficulty playing.  we played a small (5 session) campaign revolving around a guy who had mistakenly discovered powers and started using forbidden time magic ending in an epic battle where one of the players steps up and gets himself annihilated by a powerful fire spell but saves the others from the main portion of the blast.  but what the other players saw was a wizard disappear just when they needed him the most.  There was A LOT of colorful language over that incident! 

 

Anyway, pretty fun if you know the world, very confusing and rules heavy if you don't.  I don't think we will ever be able to play again but I would if someone offered. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Frostgrave 2e book, plus wizard arrived.

 

I wish I was excited about it. Mostly I'm rather blah, knowing I won't be getting any games in anytime soon.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Bought this 3d File Oleana the Werewolf Queen from White Werewolf Tavern

 

image.png.40cbd10c73ccde8417cca39f50ba7f91.png

*jaw drops* that is one strikingly lovely mini o_o

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TripleH said:

 

4 FDM & 0 Resin

 

I guess you could print her in FDM but in resin the details would come out better.

I would print it for you, but shipping it would be the problem. 

Maybe you can find someone closer with a resin printer?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...