Sign in to follow this  
OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

My Frostgrave 2e book, plus wizard arrived.

I wish I was excited about it. Mostly I'm rather blah, knowing I won't be getting any games in anytime soon.

I got a copy a couple of days ago, but I’m still waiting on the solo/co-op book to go with it.  My scenery collection is a little thin, but perhaps we could set up a remote game sometime...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Signum guys just opened up preorders for a new mini...    

Ramona2.thumb.jpg.c882d6ed9a285e7e7996318d754473cb.jpg

Ramona the Tailwind.

Arr... 

More plunder for my treasure chest!

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Yesterday I saw my audiologist, AND got a shiny new sound processor which he is beginning to program...it take a few weeks to get it working to max capabilities. This is what the new processor & batteries look like:

This what all the accessories & such came in:

Being able to hear once more is WONDERFUL, truly a blessing.

Awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

That's some serious looking gear, and a really nice backpack too!

So glad they've got you up and running, and hopefully the programming makes it better and better!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

That's some serious looking gear, and a really nice backpack too!

So glad they've got you up and running, and hopefully the programming makes it better and better!

30 minutes ago, Corsair said:

That is great! I know how much you will enjoy hearing your family again!

Thanks for the kind replies, Guys! It is WONDERFUL not being alone in the silence.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, malefactus said:

Yesterday I saw my audiologist, AND got a shiny new sound processor which he is beginning to program...it take a few weeks to get it working to max capabilities. This is what the new processor & batteries look like:

DSCN9978.thumb.JPG.7973a85456c7d157ea8d76900e6f3d59.JPG

This what all the accessories & such came in:

DSCN9979.thumb.JPG.d8a8176b3db42f157a86b6bd6dc7b354.JPG

It's cool all of the advances for the hearing impaired that have come out in the past few decades.  I used to get news letters from the American Hearing Foundation because I would donate to them every year in memory of my paternal grand parents (both were deaf; one from birth and the other from early childhood).  Plus Awesome Wife has hearing loss (has a titanium rod in one ear) and will eventually need more solutions.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, malefactus said:

Thanks for the kind replies, Guys! It is WONDERFUL not being alone in the silence.

And the best part is if you don't like what you're hearing you can turn it off! Learned that from one of my dad's uncles. When people would get complaining or making too much noise near him he'd just turn down the volume and ignore them. Seriously though glad to read that it's made a big difference for you. I'm deaf in one ear since birth but haven't really looked into what solutions are available now. Technology has advanced a lot since I was in school and they were doing regular check ups on me. I'm used to it although it's a minor annoyance at times.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I just discovered that I can get to the FLGS from the office, have time browse/buy, and make it back over lunch.

That may not be a good thing.

But it leads to acquisitions!

• Veterans of the Seas for Tsuro of the Seas
  • Chessex Gemini Gold-Green polyhedral set

I almost picked up another Boba Fett to paint the "movie" way, but decided against it.

• Like 8

Got my Monster Protector minis from SCS Direct.

Dunno if anyone's familiar with it, really affordable sets of plastic minis. I bought the 56-minis set, so I would have two of each sculpt, four representations of seven enemy types: gnoll, goblin, kobold, orc, skeleton, zombie and human bandit.

They cost less than a canadian dollar per mini and... you kinda get what you pay for. Lots of mold lines and flash. Few minor molding errors. Some warping on the poses but that can be fixed with the ol' hot water-cold water trick. Also somehow I ended up with three of one of the bandits, and only one of another. Definitely going to take work before they're ready to paint.

Scale's a bit off. Goblins are right on compared to Legend of Drizzt goblins, gnolls end up too short because they're the same height as the other Medium-sized pieces, kobolds are too tall (even towering over the Reaper Bones kobold leaders).. and the rest about on par with Dark Sword Miniatures in terms of height.

Worth it if you want something cheap to fill your encounters, at least.

• Like 8

I decided to help my FLGS today & placed a online store order & I'll pick it up whenever. My store is closed & under COVID19 quarantine due to infection amongst the staff. They aren't processing any orders right now but will once they can return. Since I won't be going up there when they hope to re-open, who knows when I'll pick these up. I have no immediate need for them so eh whenever. I like my game store & I'm always willing to help them out when I can, but I've stayed away from places I know has a confirmed case of the virus.

Nolzur's (Wave 12)

Elf (female) sorcerer

90054_ElfSorcerer.png

Elf (female) wizard

90061_ElfWizard.png

Pathfinder Deep Cuts:

Giant Eagle

73724_Giant-Eagle.png

I kinda wish I could put payments on existing orders through their online ordering as I have the Rime of the Frostmaiden minis from GF9 on order. I'll just set the cash aside for those I guess.

• Like 8