OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I like sci-fi/cyberpunkish bikes.  And the sniper has bunny for some reason.....

It's an evil bunny, clearly.  Actually, I have no idea why it's a bunny there... 

According to Corvus Bell's store, it's a spotter bot. Gives a bonus to the sniper's spotting while in play, apparently. 

Cyberpunk bikes... Don't look into the new Starmada pack then. It's literally Dredd.. 

• Like 4

Second part of my Amazon order came today. Another SCS Direct set, this one a big tube of "Humans vs Aliens". The humans all have that "40s-50s" look to them and are out of scale with D&D, but every alien but the "standard" one with the round head and ray gun are really weird and cool and would work great for D&D. Weird tentacley things, weird fire-elementals (looks like a giant magmin), horse-headed serpentine dragons, freaky cyclopean hounds and one that can work as a lesser star-spawn of Cthulhu... or a feral mindflayer.... or a piscoloth if anyone remembers those.

90 pieces for 30$, only about 42 of which I'll use, but still. What a bargain.

• Like 6

Gamekastle had some batman stuff for 80% off. Didn't pick up everything. Some of the thugs I can use in different games. 

20200921_200333.thumb.jpg.49af8604bc78756f7740f66e8dcdec42.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It's an evil bunny, clearly.  Actually, I have no idea why it's a bunny there... 

According to Corvus Bell's store, it's a spotter bot. Gives a bonus to the sniper's spotting while in play, apparently. 

Cyberpunk bikes... Don't look into the new Starmada pack then. It's literally Dredd.. 

Well its been proven rabbit ears do bring in better reception........:lol:

Went to Nampa, ID yesterday,  acquired nothing. :lol:

• Haha 6

I picked up a couple more Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighters for X-wing and the Golem edition of Century:Spice Road along with the Eastern Mountains expansion.  I've place Spice Road several times and always enjoyed it (but I don't have it!) so I picked up the off-shoot version for some fun with the kids and wife.  Also snagged a line laser pointer to help resolve issues when my son plays X-wing with a buddy and they often have disagreements about what is actually the fire-arcs.  Ordered yesterday, arrives tomorrow.  ::):

• Like 8

It was my day for packages; I got three—one with the Frostgrave Perilous Dark book (for solo/co-op play), one with a 2’ by 5’ roll of magnet sheet material for miniatures storage boxes, and one from Germany with a used book on flat figures, 3 boxes of 1/72 scale ancients, and a delicate looking resin set of a Minoan bull dance, also in 1/72.  I was hoping, without info, that last was in pewter rather than resin, because there are a lot of narrow cross-sections that look pretty fragile.

• Like 8

I got a pair of these kits today...

maglev.thumb.jpg.459759b78d53ace022a80bb5da9a5e30.jpg

Of course, everyone knows what this is, so I'm not going to bother with details, just say that the build manual is... not really there.

All you get is a paper with a list of the components, where most of the text is in Chinese. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I forgot who asked but the Pro Acryl paints work beautifully. They go on smooth and dry pretty matte and they don't need much thinning either. However, I do recommend that if you buy some buy the dropper tips (you get 10 for like $3USD) it saves a lot of paint and hassle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Since a few seems to have trouble guessing what the kit is...    

maglev2.jpg.04a17cc169a63bbc1b62bc8334cf6c67.jpg

Not the same kit, but at least this one didn't use .webp image...

A lot of magnets and coils that creates a stable magnetic field 'pillow' for other magnets to 'float' on. 

(Google for M'agnetic Levitation kit') 

I want to see exactly how stable they are. 

Imagine a floating center platform in an underground temple...

Or an X-wing fighter 'hanging in the air' over a swamp... 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

A lot of magnets and coils that creates a stable magnetic field 'pillow' for other magnets to 'float' on. 

That's pretty cool!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Depending on the size, that would be a cool way to base my speeder bikes for Legion....

Very cool.  Please let us know how they work!

• Like 4

Played Legion at the LFGS last night, so had to pick up a couple of things.......

20200923_IMG_1045.jpg.b09925f36ca72e9155ca6f459e6ec30a.jpg

More bases for my Imps, and 2nd unit of ARC Troopers for when I get around to the Clones...

And this afternoon my Feldherr order finally arrived. (Tootsie for scale).

20200923_IMG_1048.jpg.4232d8ddbc824011041d961a69feaba9.jpg

I don't really know how I'd photograph all the stuff inside, I don't have that much room....anywhere.

I got 3 of their bigger storage boxes plus 1 of the smaller size (it was on sale as a Legion kit). 2 of the Maxi carrying bags (should be good for taking 2 armies, or one if it is Droids since their tank is HUGE) and enough assorted foams to fill about 2 of the big boxes currently.

I'll hopefully be able to pick up some of the generic foams off amazon going forward, when I need them, but I got at least one of all of the more specialized ones.

I may need to put in another order with them at some point (like if I get a second...or 3rd....AT-ST) but I should be good for a good while with what came in the giant box.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Had this join the herd the other day. Gotta love the old shotguns with external hammers.

Y5N4y9h.jpg

I have one that looks very similar to that. It belonged to a friend of my dad's that we helped a lot. When he got sick before he passed away he gave it to me in appreciation for the things we'd helped with. Said it was russian but I haven't been able to find any marks on it anywhere to determine who made it. I don't use it very often but it is my go to shotgun.

• Like 6