OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Ordered an Elf Battle Cow and Floaty Mage.

And, since the place I shop at now stocks Greenstuff World stuff, a set of their coloured metallic paints.

Do you know if they have a website?  I can't find many places that sell GSW without charging an arm and a leg.

I bought some stuff directly from GSW about a month ago and it still isn't here, actually according to the tracking it left Spain 3 weeks ago and hasn't moved since.  GSW said they couldn't do anything till it passes 30 days since they shipped it.  I know that this isn't their fault and the mail is delayed or lost.  Anyways I would just like to find a place to buy here so I don't have to rely on international shipping. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Do you know if they have a website?  I can't find many places that sell GSW without charging an arm and a leg.

I bought some stuff directly from GSW about a month ago and it still isn't here, actually according to the tracking it left Spain 3 weeks ago and hasn't moved since.  GSW said they couldn't do anything till it passes 30 days since they shipped it.  I know that this isn't their fault and the mail is delayed or lost.  Anyways I would just like to find a place to buy here so I don't have to rely on international shipping. 

I'm in the UK, so, unfortunately, stuff would still be subject to the whims of international shipping.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

I'm in the UK, so, unfortunately, stuff would still be subject to the whims of international shipping.

Well that's not going to work ::D:

Man being American isn't as easy as used to be

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Man being American isn't as easy as used to be

Cries in Australian

In other news I recently got issue 6 of Mortal Realms magazine (Freebie: Thorns of the Briar Queen) and the July issue of Wargames Illustrated (Freebie: winter germans). Got here a little late, but that is Australia.  

• Like 8

Got these Maelstrom's Edge terrain sprues and a few hardware store finds to use them on. 

IMG_20200926_160737343.thumb.jpg.7cf19ed1ef1a81c86d3dd46520a98571.jpg

But I'm not sure why someone donated this next find to the Goodwill Store and I'm not sure why someone thought to put it on the shelf but I'm very glad they did.

IMG_20200926_160726676.thumb.jpg.e5f42eb7068ed6bbeabb2ba6e460925a.jpgIMG_20200926_160721190.thumb.jpg.a6419ffd9912a201ea6a5cdf0826aca4.jpg

Not sure what it is but well worth the 75c I spent on it.  

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 10

Received in the mail today

Tamiya Sprays:

TS-14 Black (gloss)

Ts-71 Smoke

As-15 Tan

They will be used (among other things as well) to get colors on my Aoshima K.I.T.T. Trans Am & the Smokey & Bandit Trans Am models. I just noticed this morning that the kit I got from Hobby Lobby is a updated PC version of the Bandit ride. If I wanna do it like is suppose to be, I need to find my original decal sheet. License plate has been changed.........:angry: Not as bad as say the General Lee without it's flag decal sheet, & it's acceptable, just I wanna build the car like it was in the movie.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Got these Maelstrom's Edge terrain sprues and a few hardware store finds to use them on. 

But I'm not sure why someone donated this next find to the Goodwill Store and I'm not sure why someone thought to put it on the shelf but I'm very glad they did.

IMG_20200926_160726676.thumb.jpg.e5f42eb7068ed6bbeabb2ba6e460925a.jpgIMG_20200926_160721190.thumb.jpg.a6419ffd9912a201ea6a5cdf0826aca4.jpg

Okay, I'll bite, what are you going to do with it?  It looks like a cap rack for selling monster truck dish sponges... :blink:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Okay, I'll bite, what are you going to do with it?  It looks like a cap rack for selling monster truck dish sponges... :blink:

Probably to support some kind of Necromunda shanty town.    Seems kind of crazy the things they make an injection mold for out in the real world.

• Like 4

On 9/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, lowlylowlycook said:

Based on a few things my son has been given, I suspect it's part of a Hot Wheels playset

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:53 AM, NecroMancer said:

Almost all my Spain shipments seem to take between 30 and 40 days to arrive right now, UK can take 14 or less, or 30+ depending on which version of Royal Mail they use...

Acquired Nocturna Malefic Flesh and Crimson sets from Vallejo as they are being discontinued in favor of their new paint pot line. I probably should have grabbed the Imperial Purple set too but held off

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

New 3D printed bust purchased on Etsy

20200928_210020.thumb.jpg.ce8208b3201b87d3a65f9c8940b73d0a.jpg20200928_210029.thumb.jpg.97e2a6ca016e799d0d0cab40c48e41c7.jpg20200928_210039.thumb.jpg.ab45f1a7b001f21c384d104eccfb57e4.jpg

Pretty big gap to fill but shouldn't be a big deal. Also there are some minor print lines but they are very faint and mostly on the skin which might help give some texture. There is also a spot where the guy grabbed the model before it was fully cured because he left a finger print on his chest armor ::D:  hopefully some gloss varnish and a coat of stynylrez will get rid of that.  Overall I'm super impressed!  Especially for the price

• Like 9

Aquired yesterday:

Hobby/needle files

Testors Enamel thinner (Rusty's really wants you to know they own this company......(big logo on the back))

Coarse Sanding sticks

Wendy's Frosty (Yum!)

Mainly got the files &/or sticks to smooth out the fins on the Keaton Batmobile. Enamel thinner - hopefully this will work with Tamiya panel line.

• Like 6