OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

On 9/27/2020 at 6:42 AM, Corsair said:

Got some new suspenders today!

Either suspenders means something totally different in North America, or my mental image of you has totally changed ::P:

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Either suspenders means something totally different in North America, or my mental image of you has totally changed ::P:

I think they are called bracers in Great Britain. They are straps that attach to your pants & go over your shoulders to keep up your pants.
They are red if you are a Fireman.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, malefactus said:

I think they are called bracers in Great Britain. They are straps that attach to your pants & go over your shoulders to keep up your pants.
They are red if you are a Fireman.

Ah, the great Atlantic divide strikes again. I'd post a photo of what I understand suspenders to be, but it would probably get modded!

Safe to say that in this neck of the woods that

suspenders refers to the fancy, strappy part that connects a ladies garter belt and stocking :lol: 

• Haha 10

31 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Ah, the great Atlantic divide strikes again. I'd post a photo of what I understand suspenders to be, but it would probably get modded!

Hide contents

suspenders refers to the fancy, strappy part that connects a ladies garter belt and stocking :lol: 

As George Bernard Shaw put it, we are "divided by a common language".

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

You would probably call them braces, old fat guy here needs them to help hold the pants up. ::D:

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Printed Obsession 50% off.

Soooo ehhh...

image.png.68605153c3fa9661a905d57d1d79f3ca.pngimage.png.8b1683fdd43ed35de56c02397a4b86f8.png

image.png.780d60f53c1f1bf44e317c8be83987b2.pngimage.png.5883bacdf4c77b36623e72c3b492243e.png

image.png.b9cbe29507148ad4503bdf5da60a84f6.png

I lovethose Anubis warriors!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Hide contents

That's ok, thanks to watching Danger Mouse when I was a kid (loved & still love that show!!), wrenches are spanners & lug wrenches are spiders to me!!! :lol:

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Printed Obsession 50% off.

Soooo ehhh...

image.png.68605153c3fa9661a905d57d1d79f3ca.png

I am so going to pretend I didn't see those.... :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Before I forget again... Got shipping notification for my Infinity N4 rulebook on Monday. Looking forward to having a physical copy of it - that and the fluff book that comes with it! 

• Like 3

How about lost acquisitions?  I had an order from Michigan toy soldier for some of the 3d prime from badger and a few other things just disappear in the USPS.  I got the tracking number it showed shipped and then it disappeared.  the tracking number now says its no longer valid.  I never saw that before, I guess someone in the postoffice wanted my primer more than I did :) 

the company is sending out what they can again but some of the items in the shipment were closeouts....  So much work for such a little order

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

Got an 11Kg package today... 

Nope, not an early BonesV or very late BonesIV...

It was a toolcase with an 1100W portable metal bandsaw. 

Popularly called a 'Portaband'.

I got an AC model because it's lighter and stronger(and cheaper) than a battery-powered model. 

No pictures because SirForscale is on vacation.

• Like 9