OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

I just bought the two Koala miniatures for the Australian Brushfire relief! I am doing an animal-based game, and they are absolutely perfect; as well as for a good cause! Now, if only I could get my hands on a Platypod...

Edited by Rawbzilla
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Rawbzilla said:

I just bought the two Koala miniatures for the Australian Brushfire relief! I am doing an animal-based game, and they are absolutely perfect; as well as for a good cause! Now, if only I could get my hands on a Platypod...

Too bad your not at Reaper's Game Store at their factory. That one tends to be on the shelf. It might be cause it's Reaper's own store in all.

Remember to look at Critter Kingdoms by Darksword as well!!

• Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, Kangaroorex said:

How about lost acquisitions?  I had an order from Michigan toy soldier for some of the 3d prime from badger and a few other things just disappear in the USPS.  

That’s unfortunate. ::(:  I deal with them pretty regularly since I do 1/72 plastic among other things.  My parents are in the Detroit area, and so is my grad student son, so I manage to visit about twice for each mail order made...

• Like 3

Acquired yesterday:

First stop was a haircut, that was needed badly.

Second stop was the hobby store:

I had a 5 dollar off coupon.

Revell Mystery Machine model. Its a snap tite/kids model but its about 1 of 2 options out there to build this & it checks off a vehicle I wan a make a model off.

Flex-file Medium grit flex pad

Westcott Detail knife. Blade is tiny! I hope it lasts as you cant replace it. I may turn it into a scribe blade.

Evergreen styrene strip stock. Need this to sure up some pieces on a model

3rd stop: Game store.(how convenient that 2nd & 3rd stop are right next to each other. ^_^

Nolzur's 

Top row: Jackalwere x2 Kobold 3 pack

Bottom row [order i placed while store was shut down)

Elf sorcerer (female)

Elf wizard (female)

Giant Eagle (I guess this one is PDC)

(Sorry for sideways pics phone pics)

20201002_101220.jpg

20201002_101314.jpg

• Like 8

I actually acquired this a few days ago, but just finished it tonight.

Jim Butcher's latest Harry Dresden novel: Battle Ground.  Whereas Peace Talks felt pretty breezy and light...Battle Ground was not.  Plenty of twists and turns, a couple I saw coming and a couple I should have.

• Like 5

Got a package today!  Had a rough week so some retail therapy was in order and I have been curious about pulp cthulhu so I got the book and a couple of campaign books to see how it plays.  Supposed to be a combination of CoC and Indiana Jones.  Looking forward to seeing how it works and how it feels.  I always like the basic cthulhu system but character death is pretty high and unstoppable from a campaign perspective.  This is supposed to fix some of that leaving the creepy and high octane while allowing characters to develop without the inevitable trip to the morgue or madhouse... most of the time

• Like 6

Placed a Reaper order then saw the list of discontinued paints...

I'm gonna need some more of the red stone triad. Can't believe that's a poor seller....

• Like 6

I have acquired a new set of finger splints! They're just cloth splints for minor joint stabilization because that's all I find I need.

I lost all my old ones in the move so I needed new ones.

• Like 9

20201003_182354.thumb.jpg.e52c185e984c82170a1ed3c25b2f60b1.jpg

New Abteilung oil paints came in with Matt Thinner. Never tried oils but since these are made for modeling and have premixed flesh colors I thought these might be a good starting point. 

• Like 10

I got a copy of the Director's Cut of Star Trek: The Motion(less) Picture and Stigmata for a few bucks each. I also got two issues of Analog for a buck. And I got a copy of Night City source book for Cyberpunk 2020 from a friend because it came in a lot he ordered.

• Like 8

Got my Patreon stuff

Artisan Guild - Rakshasa and Djinn Set

Epic Miniatures - Arctic Night Set, Elves and Goblins pack and Serpentia Set ( Throwback)

Will get Claycyanide's Egyptian Set later.

• Like 4

On 10/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, NecroMancer said:

Never tried oils but since these are made for modeling and have premixed flesh colors

Have fun with oils. They require some experimentation, but they are really nice for the finishing touches and/or speed painting (even if drying can take ages).
No idea how they have a matt thinner (isn't it a medium or additive then? Thinner would just be some turpentine or mineral spirits?)

Also 

On 10/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, NecroMancer said:

have premixed flesh colors

ARGH, it's so easy to mix Caucasian skin! Why not buy actual colours such as Prussian Blue or Cobalt Teal :angry:
Burnt Umber, Golden Ochre (or yellow ochre or any other yellow), Red Iron Oxide (burn siena or any other red) and Titanium White. Pretty much any combination of these will give you a certain part of the skin. 
If you already lick your lead miniatures you can also use the warmer version of Lead White (there are so many versions of lead white), some Alizarine Crimson (there are more lightfast alternatives) and some Burnt Umber or Green Earth for shadows.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Hey @haldir, have you used plastic cement with the Evergreen styrene with success? 

I have. Plastic cement like Tamiya's liquid types are made for styrene. Just but the 2 pieces together & let capillary action do it's job. I tend to use Tamiya's extra thin (green bottle, thou there is a lemon smell one, suppose to be non-toxic, but I think it's non-working tbh)..

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVnaBGuu7ICGiQH6BUz

Apparently there is a "quick set" version as well. It's color is a lime green but it says quick set under the stars logo. I've never used it before, so I have no idea how quick it is. There is a regular version as well, it comes in a white cap, or a orange squat bottle. I don't mind using these, I just like the extra thin due to the brush inside the bottle is fine tipped & I like the liquid vs goo for model glue cement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1