OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

I have. Plastic cement like Tamiya's liquid types are made for styrene. Just but the 2 pieces together & let capillary action do it's job. I tend to use Tamiya's extra thin (green bottle, thou there is a lemon smell one, suppose to be non-toxic, but I think it's non-working tbh)..

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVnaBGuu7ICGiQH6BUz

Apparently there is a "quick set" version as well. It's color is a lime green but it says quick set under the stars logo. I've never used it before, so I have no idea how quick it is. There is a regular version as well, it comes in a white cap, or a orange squat bottle. I don't mind using these, I just like the extra thin due to the brush inside the bottle is fine tipped & I like the liquid vs goo for model glue cement.

Thank you very much! I've tried Mr. Hobby stuff but it doesn't seem to work and the Tamiya Extra Thin has been out of stock for a while. 

• Like 3

In accordance with the Prophesy, the October Reaper tithe has been made...

04029 Anselmo, Nosferatu Vampire

04030 Witch Coven (3) and Cauldron

04031 Headless Footman

04032 Fellclaw, Scarecrow Guardian (why I waited until today to order)

04042 Mouslings: Mad Mozz and Wildchild

04041 Zombie Hotel: Chef Hector

04043 Zombie Hotel: Barglemore and Camilla (missed these the first time round)

44131 Tree of Despair (been waiting for this to hit retail)

77720 Ghouls (2) and Ghast (the beginning of a flesheating horde)

77723 Harrowgate Shrines 

77734 Graveyard Finials: Orbs (10) (now I don't have an excuse not to get back to the Reaper graveyard...)

09748 Ivory Bone Triad (all morning I've been wailing and gnashing over the discontinuing of the Neutral Bone triad, hopefully this will prove a close enough substitute for the skeletal bone formula I've come up with, and my parchment/puritan shirt formula as well)

Freebies:

Ghoulie Bag

Classic Horror: Dracula

Classic Horror: Frankenstein's Monster

Sir Rathos, Barrow Warden

• Like 9

First order placed..

04031    Headless Footman    
04032    Fellclaw, Scarecrow Guardian 
09100    Pearl White 
77256    Brass Bull 
77338    Avatar of Sokar  x3 
01031    Ghoulie Bag Promotion 
04015    Sir Rathos, Barrow Warden 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

What scale is this? Because I may have a need for it... :ph34r:

It's 1/25th or 1/24th scale. Both are common car model scales.

(note, to get Shaggy & Velma, you need to get a bi-plane kit......)

Annual October Reaper order placed!!

03383  Vampire Spawn (2)

03549 Witch, Cauldron & Cat 

04029 Anselmo, Nosferatu Vampire

04030 Witch Coven (3)and Cauldron

04031 Headless Footman

04032 Fellclaw, Scarecrow Guardian

44019 Dreadmere - Reeve Irremborg Planomap

77211 Gauntfield

77734 Graveyard Finial: Orbs (10)

77736 Ankoa, Barbarian Hero

80059 Wild West Wizard Of Oz Scarecrow

FREE Stuff!!!

04015 Sir Rathos, Barrow Warden

01031 Ghoulie Bag Promotion

04013 Amari, Adventuring Wizard 

Also did a order with the Bay of E for the Saturday game (hopefully it shows up before then)

Pathfinder pre-painted:

Skulks (Pallid Path Cultists) x 6

D&D pre-painted:

Artic Fox

Darkling w/dagger

• Like 8

made a reaper order

77291 Kraken 
77579 Goremaw, Great Worm 
01031 Ghoulie Bag Promotion x 1    
04009 Vodellis Winterhand free mini x 1 

• Like 10

Put in an order with Sunward Hobbies to get some different paint type things I want to try out this winter, since ordering in winter can be an issue here what with the freezing an all. 

I ended up putting my order off initially as I noticed they were out of most of their Ammo by Mig stuff, but they quickly replied to my email and said they were getting an order that weekend.

So I ordered last week and the box actually arrived early (like last Thursday when it was scheduled for today).  Of course it arrived as I was heading out the door for a 4 day weekend away, so I just got to open it last night.

20201006_IMG_1099.jpg.45adfec424b6642df4dac6207eb3171b.jpg

A semi-random selection of things, with the only thing I needed right away being some red primer for my Imperial Royal Guards.....

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Put in an order with Sunward Hobbies to get some different paint type things I want to try out this winter, since ordering in winter can be an issue here what with the freezing an all. 

I ended up putting my order off initially as I noticed they were out of most of their Ammo by Mig stuff, but they quickly replied to my email and said they were getting an order that weekend.

So I ordered last week and the box actually arrived early (like last Thursday when it was scheduled for today).  Of course it arrived as I was heading out the door for a 4 day weekend away, so I just got to open it last night.

20201006_IMG_1099.jpg.45adfec424b6642df4dac6207eb3171b.jpg

A semi-random selection of things, with the only thing I needed right away being some red primer for my Imperial Royal Guards.....

Remember to get some enamel thinner if you use the panel line stuff. It stinks but it works pretty well!! Don't use it over acrylic paint thou!!

• Like 3

Second and last Ghoulie bag order for backup Hallowed Orange

01675    ReaperCon Logo Velcro Patch  
03112    Large Egyptian Treasure 
77041    Harpy    x4
77576    Female Sphinx
01031    Ghoulie Bag Promotion 
04015    Sir Rathos, Barrow Warden  

• Like 4

I need to go up to the FLGS to talk with the GM cordinator as he was running the store today. I'm back next Monday night as the 5e D&D DM! He ran two adventures for the new Icewind Dale season & I'll run the next two. It's the starter adventures from "Ice Road Trackers" adventure. I also discussed a mega D&D game idea I have based on Alestorm's "Zombie ate my pirate ship" song. In the end, as I needed a female elf warrior for my Saturday game & I did't feel like rummaging through my disaster of mini organization, I ended up picking up this Unpainted mini:

Pathfinder Deep Cuts:

72599-ElfFemaleFigther.png

(I'll use the one with the shield as a NPC for this Saturday)

• Like 6

It was Legion night at the LFGS.  Not only did I win my game (my dice were HOT!! ) but I decided to use up the gift cert I got for my remaining Magic cards a while back.

20201006_IMG_1101.jpg.5dabd885387dc2168c69e7068dc7d0e0.jpg

"May have" exceeded the gift cert value a touch, but oh well ::D:

I decided to pick up a second core box, since I figure I'll at least need 2 more units of Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers anyway, and the core is cheaper than buying 2 boxes of each of those, plus you get 2 speeder bikes, an AT-RT, Luke and Vader, barricades, another set of measuring tools, and more dice!

I grabbed some more large premium bases, since I'm sure I don't have enough of the larger sizes for what I have plus two more speeder bikes.

And I grab one each of the three new unit boxes for when I do clones and droids, whenever the Clone Wars core becomes available up here again.

• Like 5

New posters I got from a local movie rental and horror collectibles shop. 

20201006_235145.thumb.jpg.352791d361d3916e5c7ce05183c74ca8.jpg

20201006_234936.thumb.jpg.6e50b228e28720e79d71d6ce777df188.jpg

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 5

Of course ran out of my most used Tamiya spray color this morning. Local hobby shop doesn't carry Tamiya & they'd have to order but who knows when it would be in, so off to bay of e:

Tamiay TS-29 Semi-gloss black spray can x 2

It should be here, next Weds.

I really wish they would carry this color in their bigger (aka primer size) cans.............

• Like 3

And a Reaper paint order in, to get most the colours that are going away that I wanted/needed.

Plus a few Bones colours I don't have to get up to free shipping....

• Like 3