OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

22 hours ago, malefactus said:

Quinacridone Orange

Really like Quinacridone Burnt Orange. Have it in Liquitex. Can be used to make a really nice rose skin tone when mixed with white or glazed in the recesses of skin to add some life into it. Furthermore, it can be used to glaze in blood splotches and the likes.

22 hours ago, malefactus said:

Dairylide Yellow

I like glazing NMM gold with it to add some warmth. 

As a side note, isn't citadel contrast yellow paint extremely similar to it? Just add water and use it as a wash.

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I wasn't aware that these would work as well.

All acrylic paints are suitable for miniatures. Doesn't matter if they were made for canvas or not. Most artist single pigment paints are better for mixing and will allow you to mix black (miniature paints add white for opacity in most cases, this results in Complimentary Colour + Complimentary Colour = Grey instead of Complimentary Colour + Complimentary Colour = A really Nice Black). From my opinion you will only see a difference if you buy artist metallic (not the best in most brands) or if you buy historic natural earth X (But even then, the particle size being gritty occurs mostly in oils for the earths). Of course you must learn how to utilise transparent paints to the best effect.

To add a thing for metallics: Golden has some Micaceous Iron Oxide. It has really gritty particles. I think it actually allows you to create really interesting texture for bases. Plus a wash of it will add a little sparkle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Halloween Reaper order supposedly arrived, but no box in the mail area.

:unsure:

There's a lot of work going on in the building, and I know the door was open for a while....

• Sad 9

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

There's a lot of work going on in the building, and I know the door was open for a while....

I hope it shows up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My trip up to the trading card shop-hobby shop-FLGS the other day was a success! I don't know if having all 3 in walking distance is a good thing.....^_^

Trading Card Shop:

Pathfinder Deep Cuts:

Female elf fighter

73410-FemaleElfRanger.png

I originally wanted the one with the shield vs the other one I bought the other day. The Trading card shop has a selection of older Unpainted.

Nolzur's:

Young Copper dragon

73685_YoungCopperDragon.png

Next stop- hobby shop!

All I got from here was some Testor's Model Master metallics

Steel

Aluminum

Stainless Steel (Metallizer Buffing)

All 3 of these paints are going away thanks to Rusty's marketing geniuses....<_<

Last stop, FLGS

All I got from here was

Nolzur's 

90089_BlackPudding.png

Since I have numerous black pudding minis, I'm gonna paint this one up a Yellow Ochre.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Acquired my first Reaper rock

20201010_133618.thumb.jpg.dd855b6d4268f7221ff6e28253a0dbb6.jpg

I kind of hope I get one with my second order I made... :ph34r:

• Like 7

So, moral question relating to acquisitions - my son plays Necrons in 40k, so far only against my Orks.  He curb stomped me last game.  The new Necron codex came out today, and I picked one up for him (see, it is related to this thread!) - the question is, how soon do I have to let him have have it?

;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Acquired my first Reaper rock

20201010_133618.thumb.jpg.dd855b6d4268f7221ff6e28253a0dbb6.jpg

Nice to see they brought back that promo. I've never gotten a treat from them, ha ha.

Just think of it this way, you couldn't be in Texas, so Texas came to you this year!

29 minutes ago, warlordgarou said:

So, moral question relating to acquisitions - my son plays Necrons in 40k, so far only against my Orks.  He curb stomped me last game.  The new Necron codex came out today, and I picked one up for him (see, it is related to this thread!) - the question is, how soon do I have to let him have have it?

;)

I say now! It might make him a better player in the end. Being at LVO the last couple years, I've seen what professional Warhammer playing can do for someone.

• Like 6

Went to Goodwill and found what I thought was a pretty cool framed Shepard Fairey poster for $5

20201010_165428.thumb.jpg.58ab8f261b6c08cdc6dda219656848c7.jpg

When I got home I saw it looked signed and realized it is signed and numbered in pencil. 

Polish_20201010_165819928.thumb.jpg.6264d102c946416e260a8a933e27b123.jpg

Polish_20201010_165901315.thumb.jpg.8e7d06a6e39abdaceaad564d33f5a3cc.jpg

I tried looking up to see if its worth anything and found that it is part of an individually numbered set called Eye Alert and that set has a bid on it on an auction site for €500!  Unfortunately I can't find much information about the one side of the set.

If anyone can help me find out a little more about it I would really appreciate it!

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 11

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Well, no sign of the box. :down:

• Sad 12

7 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

;)

I guess that depends on whether the 'Crons get a buffed or busted with the new codex...

Acquisitions:

• Steering wheel cover (sun and my constant picking are tearing it up).
  • Pet water bubbler (the motor in the old one died...after ~9 years)
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

;)

The new Necron codex is pretty fun! If you want to level out the playing field a bit, the Ork side of Saga of the Beast has some nice rules but will be invalidated once the Ork codex comes out. 

• Like 5

I found the original Creature From The Black Lagoon for $6 at the grocery store. They had all of the Universal classics but I was already over my budget (and space in my bags). I might go back for more next weekend. :ph34r:

• Like 8

14 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Went to Goodwill and found what I thought was a pretty cool framed Shepard Fairey poster for $5

20201010_165428.thumb.jpg.58ab8f261b6c08cdc6dda219656848c7.jpg

When I got home I saw it looked signed and realized it is signed and numbered in pencil. 

Polish_20201010_165819928.thumb.jpg.6264d102c946416e260a8a933e27b123.jpg

Polish_20201010_165901315.thumb.jpg.8e7d06a6e39abdaceaad564d33f5a3cc.jpg

I tried looking up to see if its worth anything and found that it is part of an individually numbered set called Eye Alert and that set has a bid on it on an auction site for €500!  Unfortunately I can't find much information about the one side of the set.

If anyone can help me find out a little more about it I would really appreciate it!

I wonder if you would need some sort of prove that this is real.

I mean, it's done in pencil.

Is there a certificate or something that came with it?

• Like 3

According to one show on History Channel, a pencil is often called 'the forger's tool' because it's impossible to date.

(Inks have changed chemical composition many times over the centuries, and we also know a lot about how each type fades or crackles. Pencil marks, though hardly ever change, and manyfacturing have also changed very little)

So if an artist actually signed anything with pencil he's an irresponsible orc, or he just doesn't care about the value of his art in the future. 

• Like 3