OneBoot

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

20 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

So, moral question relating to acquisitions - my son plays Necrons in 40k, so far only against my Orks.  He curb stomped me last game.  The new Necron codex came out today, and I picked one up for him (see, it is related to this thread!) - the question is, how soon do I have to let him have have it?

;)

I think it's only fair for you to get a morkanaut and Mek with Shokk Attack Gun, just to even the playing field.Also keep in mind that according to the new rules, necrons reanimate only in the shooting and fight phase from attacks in those phases. Mortal Wound spam is your friend.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I wonder if you would need some sort of prove that this is real.

I mean, it's done in pencil.

Is there a certificate or something that came with it?

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

According to one show on History Channel, a pencil is often called 'the forger's tool' because it's impossible to date.

(Inks have changed chemical composition many times over the centuries, and we also know a lot about how each type fades or crackles. Pencil marks, though hardly ever change, and manyfacturing have also changed very little)

So if an artist actually signed anything with pencil he's an irresponsible orc, or he just doesn't care about the value of his art in the future. 

The little information I did find said they were all pencil signatures. And it looks the same as the pictures I saw, they were signed in pencil not pen. I'm not saying the signature is the same because I'm nowhere near qualified for that but it does look similar and the pencil looks very close too.  Plus since it's  numbered I figured that would be easier to figure out if its fake or not.  Again, not in any way an expert but the paper is really high quality.  Not like someone just signed a poster. Its definitely an art print. 

I've also thought that if I find more information and it ends up possibly being worth something I would take it to an art dealer near me to seen if they can authenticate it. 

I dont really expect much out of it but if it is real thats awesome!  If not then it's still a cool print. 

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 10

Paper quality doesn't really matter when it comes to art forgeries. 

You can usually source a similar paper pretty easily if it's a modern work. 

And forgers have been known to cut out the blank pages of old books in order to produce fake documents and art with the 'right' paper. 

(And there's artists that will use any kind of paper or flat surface that happens to be available... )

If other examples are also signed with pencil, then the odds is that it's a genuine piece. 

The value is too low for most forgers to bother with it. 

(In that price range, I think it's more likely that they will just pick an unsigned piece from some other artist with a similar style, and just add the signature. Not likely when it's part of a limited run print since it would mean there should be identical copies that it can be compared to)   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks!  That makes sense that the paper quality doesn't really matter in fakes overall but like you said its probably more effort than the piece is worth.

If I'm being honest I embellished my story s little and I did see it was signed but figured it was a print that had 1000s of copies and didn't think just a signature would be worth much. But then when I took it home and saw it was numbered is when I thought it might be something. 

I hope I can find an art place around here that will take a look at it.  If not, I work at a big university with a fairly large art department so hopefully someone there could help me. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Thanks!  That makes sense that the paper quality doesn't really matter in fakes overall but like you said its probably more effort than the piece is worth.

If I'm being honest I embellished my story s little and I did see it was signed but figured it was a print that had 1000s of copies and didn't think just a signature would be worth much. But then when I took it home and saw it was numbered is when I thought it might be something. 

I hope I can find an art place around here that will take a look at it.  If not, I work at a big university with a fairly large art department so hopefully someone there could help me. 

It's a cool print eitherway.

Getting it authenticated would be awesome, but that might come at a price so you'll have to consider if it's worth doing it.

• Like 7

Gotta love early shipments!!

Tamiya lacquer spray cans I order arrived yesterday vs 13-15th estimate.

TS29-Semi-gloss black x2

(again, why won't Tamiya turn this one into a bigger can!!!)

• Like 9

Mostly creepy crawlers for this order. Headless footman tried to run away. I too got a rock! Check your packages for loose blisters.

20201010_172900.thumb.jpg.0af5cd9392e8a6169843541f273a12b9.jpg

20201010_173300.thumb.jpg.2a9f6818c4862f51f87c77b21188c448.jpg

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 13

8 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Mostly creepy crawlers for this order. Headless footman tried to run away. I too got a rock! Check your packages for loose blisters.

20201010_172900.thumb.jpg.0af5cd9392e8a6169843541f273a12b9.jpg

20201010_173300.thumb.jpg.2a9f6818c4862f51f87c77b21188c448.jpg

Wheel of Pain must not be apply allot of pressure these days. I had a few blisters that were sealed but had weak bonds on them for my SWAG order. With bits & sprues definitely will be on the lookout for that. Nice haul!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ps... this year's laffy taffy mystery flavor  wasn't good... bleh. It was also crumbly. O__o

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

I had that happen with the Witch Coven; everybody else was fine, but the girls wanted OUT.

... nothing missing, though.

(I did not, however, get a rock. I had a disappoint)

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I had that happen with the Witch Coven; everybody else was fine, but the girls wanted OUT.

... nothing missing, though.

(I did not, however, get a rock. I had a disappoint)

I would have a disappoint if I got a rock...it's the reason I don't order during this season.

I have no use for a rock.

• Like 4

The rock is pretty much unique; no other company that I know of will actually send out a 'trick' like that in a halloween-themed bonus gift. 

Not that many even sends out anything special at this time, and if they do, they absolutely wouldn't dare do this. 

And actually putting it in a nice blister pack?

It's such a cooky item that a miniature collection just isn't complete without one.   

Honestly, we're just lucky that the store isn't swarmed by rock collectors. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

The rock is pretty much unique; no other company that I know of will actually send out a 'trick' like that in a halloween-themed bonus gift. 

Not that many even sends out anything special at this time, and if they do, they absolutely wouldn't dare do this. 

And actually putting it in a nice blister pack?

It's such a cooky item that a miniature collection just isn't complete without one.   

Honestly, we're just lucky that the store isn't swarmed by rock collectors. 

The two that I've gotten from Reaper in the past are a bigger grey one & a lighter, smaller yellowish-brown one. I instantly thought of these 2 & wanted to paint some detail on them.

ddne6su-ffc84e64-3d36-411f-ae08-7df60ebd

I'm happy they brought the promo back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7